“Restaurant at the back of Anusam market”

The Roadside Pub & Restaurant, Chiangmai
Ranked #815 of 2,397 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Menu looked good but we only had a drink. Next to the rear entrance to the Anusam market, but the road wasn't busy when we went there. More expensive than the bar very near at the outskirts of the market - Cocktail ? - cannot remember the name, which seemed to be frequented by a lot of young Thais.

In any case, perfectly pleasant visit!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We have always found the service here very good but unfortunately the taste of the food has deteriorated,we ate here many times before,May be they have changed the chef but the food is very bland. We like spicy food and when we ask for it the flavour just isn’t there.
We were staying in Chiang Mai for a month and were looking forward to going back to our favourite restaurant but this didn’t happen however we have now found an even better one and it is not far from here.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Chiang Mai each year for a number of years now and always make this restaurant one of those places we will always visit. Situated at the far end of one of the night markets, it has always provided good food and entertainment. This year I have to say the food was not as good as previous years. I opted for one of my favourites, chicken mussaman curry with steamed rice, when it arrived it was two small chicken legs and although the sauce was ok, it was very disappointing. The wife had chicken fried rice which she said was ok, although there wasn’t a great deal of chicken. We couldn’t have an alcoholic drink as it was Buddha day, but that wasn’t the restaurants fault. The young lady on the violin was however very good.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I accidentally dropped my credit card case containing my cards, driver's license, and other govt ID. But I didn't know it, and my flight out of Chiangmai was the next morning. I would have arrived at the airport and had a meltdown. At 1 am the most wonderful woman in the universe, a waitress here (older with short hair - everybody please give her a hug for me!) phoned me to say she'd found it and had to wait until the restaurant closed and her shift ended to call. She waited for me to get to the Roadside, everything was intact, and she gave me a ride home on her motor scooter. She may easily hands down no competition winner take all be the best human being on the planet. THANK YOU!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Very cozy and enjoyable atmosphere with the live music. However, I would only recommend going for drinks or if you have lots of time to waste - service takes way way way too long. Saw several customers leave after getting tired of waiting. Wish we would have done the same when we were waiting for ages to have our table cleaned up after the previous customers left... On the plus side, food is very good but portions are a bit on the smaller side