All reviews free shuttle dark wood koi pond old city night market beautiful hotel small pool spa bath traditional lanna style south gate close to town small hotel tuk tuk sized bed few minutes walk loved chiang mai tea coffee
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel! Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband. The breakfast was okay tasting but I'm glad it was included. I took one star off because the lobby when you come in has so many mosquitos! Some ended up in our room so we had to kill them. They do give you 2 small packets of mosquito repellent cream which is nice of them but they should try controlling them in the entrance a bit more.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Really nice boutique hotel, very interesting design, like a little adventure hotel, very green. Breakfast pretty good with a small buffet and eggs after your choice. Close to the old town, free airport shuttle at arrival.
Would be a five star review, but the rooms are REALLY small, we just had two backpacks and its wasn´t easy to store them somewhere in the room. We changed after three nights to another room (Pool Suite) and this one was much better - I highly recommend to spend a few bucks more but to have some space in your room.

Room Tip: Pool Suite
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert2227
Reviewed 15 March 2017

The hotel has an antique vibe, very dark, asian grandma style, the room is very small. The pool is small too, there is no garden, the whole hotel is as small as a guesthouse/hostel. The breakfast is very nice! I think western young travelers would appreciate this style.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I just left the hotel today after staying at the hotel for 2 nights. The room and accommodations are nice looking and of course it is a place to lay your head. However I did find cockroaches in my room #1 and on top of everything the maid put shower gel into my contact solution which gets put into my eyes!! Good thing I caught it before I actually put any of it onto my contacts.

I suggest not staying here and going to another hotel as it is run down. The pool is cloudy and there is only 3 lounge chairs.

There were mosquitoes everywhere!!

The hotel is located in the old city of Chiang Mai on a very small street so there is nothing really around and if you want to eat anything there is a couple of street food places but nothing really. It is at least a 20 min walk to any restaurant. I tried to ask the staff at the front desk where to go to eat and they sent us on a maze. There is a restaurant at the hotel but I never saw anyone eating there except for breakfast which is free and wasn't bad but you get attacked by mosquitoes at the table!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joman999
thannatee, General Manager at Thannatee Boutique hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Greeting lovely guest and rate review and inform to hotel e-mail , an event while stay in the hotel that you inform the maid put some thing in contacts solution , I had required all maid staff ,they didn't put anything in your contract solution (absolutely !! ) ,i thought if they didn't it ,may leave job ! ,but i would like to ask you ,if you have a problem please prompt to inform us without time ,while you stay in hotel area until check-out time nothing happen and gesture on you , i think it will be better talk comment ! , I'll do something for solutions , hotel is boutique style and we accept pool & area not too big ,I apologize inconvenience , you also can go to the city by hotel shuttle , can drop at the city (Thapae gate) every hr,. finally thank you , one upon time ,you had experience stay with us !!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

A great place to stay if you're looking for character, run by a friendly, welcoming staff! Happily set apart from mainstream tourist traps, you'll only be a short walk through local neighborhoods to Chiangmai's many attractions.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple