1,843 results
All reviews tuk tuk ihg member night market river view lobby bar executive floor ping river free shuttle concierge staff an upgrade breakfast buffet bit dated corner room large room welcome drink shuttle service old town
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Just Checked in yesterday for a five night stay and it is still awesome in terms of everything from service to the rooms. Sill my family's best pick for a very affordable hotel with the best to offer. Cheers guys and keep up the good work

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Orathai T, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Holiday Inn Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear christopherhU4689NJ,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! Your compliments on our staff are highly appreciated. I will certainly share your comments with the team. This is certainly an endorsement and a great motivation to the team to continue to keep up the good service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I had an excellent and relaxing stay at this Holiday Inn on the Ping River. I ready the other reviews, but don't agree that it needs updating to the degree other people said. The location is a bit out of the way, but the lobby was grand and beautiful, full service, I was treated with respect and appreciation by staff and given a welcome drink, I was asked if everything was okay while I was staying at the hotel, I was able exchange $ for Thai baht, everything was clean, my room was comfortable, spacious and pleasant, and my view on the 21st floor facing the Ping River and downtown Chiang Mai - breathtaking.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Orathai T, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Holiday Inn Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear craigkordic,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to learn that we had successfully exceeded your expectation in all aspects and created a memorable stay for you. I am also glad that you were impressed with the decor and ambiance of the lobby area and the Ping River view room. Your compliments on the excellent service provided by our staff are highly appreciated. This is certainly an endorsement and a great motivation to the team to continue to keep up the good service.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again to Holiday Inn Chiangmai for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Enjoyed our stay in the hotel. The staff were friendly and happy to help. Room was large though very basic and needs upgrading.

Quality of food we ordered in Room Service was good too. A trip to old town and night bazaar would cost about 100 TBH by tuk tuk. The hotel also offers a shuttle to night bazaar.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank fivestarholidays
Orathai T, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Holiday Inn Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear fivestarholidays

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Chiangmai and taking your time to share your wonderful review.

I am extremely delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, the room and food in our hotel were exceed your expectation especially the hospitality service provided by our team members. Rest assured that I will share your awesome feedback with the entire team.

Thank you once again for these encouraging comments. On behalf of the entire team I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We were there during the low season for a couple of nights and it was a very pleasant experience. Location is good with a free shuttle service to the night market. Staff were very courteous and helpful. Nice rooftop swimming pool as well. The hotel seems to be a little past its prime and in need of a little upgrade but rooms are very large and still well maintained.

Room tip: high floors facing the river or pool are the best ones
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rajat C
Orathai T, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Holiday Inn Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Rajat C,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Chiangmai as your hotel during your recent visit and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed overall with us especially our good location and comfortable room. Your wonderful feedback will be shared with the team and this will surely motivates them to strive to deliver our promise of “Great Hotels Guest Love”.

We look forward to your next visit in not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

We spent 7 nights at the hotel. We received a welcome drink on arrival, staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay. We received an upgrade and we had a very large room and bathroom. The kingsize bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and found it had a lot of variety to choose from including asian and western food. Very fast free wi fi. We had a business buffet lunch one day and it was lovely along with a afternoon tea on Mother's day. There is a small bakery selection which is very helpful when you return from a hot day of touring. We also had room service pizza a couple of times. There are 2 massage places and a seven eleven next door to the hotel. The hotel also has a shuttle to the markets, we used to shuttle to take us to the markets and caught a tuk tuk back as we found the return times too late. We highly recommend the Holiday Inn, Chiang Mai.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank AdelaideJulie
Orathai T, Personal Assistant to GM at Holiday Inn Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear AdelaideJulie,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other traveler.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great experience during your stay. I will certainly share your feedback with the team. It is something our staff takes great pride in and this is certainly great motivation to the team to keep delivering a Great Hotel Guests Love.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.