All reviews maya mall rooftop infinity pool hotel concept nimman road bathroom design great staffs breakfast set buffet line trendy area breakfast buffet nice hotel western and thai food nimman area fabulous stay restaurant staff spacious room toilet and shower
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The best thing about U nimman is its location which is literally next to the area where everything is happening. Lots of cafes and restaurants are just a few steps away. The room is spacious and clean. You can check in at anytime and check out at the same time next day which is very generous to the guests.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_U_Nimman, General Manager at U Nimman Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear pookapinya,

Warm greetings from U Nimman Chiang Mai.

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review. We are very happy to read that you were satisfied with our convenient location and facilities.

It's a delight to know that our "24 hours use of room" works for you, thank you for highlighting this unique feature.

The entire staff and I would look forward to the opportunity to be of your service again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

It will be much much better to extend the breakfast time from 0600 to 1030 for different guests they have an one day tour in Chiang Mai.For me as an example, I have an one tour on 26 Sep 2018 and the gathering time is 0700. Therefore, my breakfast time is too short and rush.

Room Tip: More welcome drink is much better for the guests who stay in the hotel for two nights or more.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM_U_Nimman, General Manager at U Nimman Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear kongtl,

Warm greetings from U Nimman Chiang Mai.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this nice review of your recent stay at our hotel.

Your essential feedback regarding the breakfast hours is well noted. We would like to politely inform you that our breakfast buffet at the restaurant is from 06.30 - 11.00 am. Nevertheless, U Nimman Chiang Mai and all hotels of U Hotels and Resorts, offers unique "Breakfast Anywhere, Anytime" which means the guest can enjoy breakfast meal at any time of day, anywhere in the hotel. If you would rather take your breakfast in the comfort of your room or by the pool, we have 6 set menu selections for you to choose from. All this arrangement is our daily service to you at no extra cost.

For our guests with very early departure, our staff would be happy to arrange a breakfast box with selections for pastries and beverages as well. This offer can be arranged by giving the advance notice to our staff to prepare, again with no extra cost.

We wish to apologize if the above info. was not made available to you by our staff during your stay. We trust this info will give you more reasons to stay with us again when you return to Chiang Mai in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Yes you read correctly. The first two drinks from the mini bar are complementary. The room was well appointed. Again the staff were very helpful and friendly. Would have given 5 stars, but unfortunately there was a no wardrobe. Shower and toilet are separate.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Adventurer804764,

Warm greetings from U Nimman Chiang Mai.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review of our hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were well taken care of by our staff.

Our welcome drink of your choice from the minibar is another unique feature of U Hotels and Resorts, we are glad it is to your liking.

We have acknowledged your opinion on the room design and layout and shall take this valuable input into consideration for our future renovation project.

My team and I feel grateful for your support. We hope you will return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

The first time I stayed at the U brand was at U Sathorn (in Bangkok) during its soft opening. The hospitality I received really made me feel that it was my home away from home.

I had high hopes for U Nimman and although the price of the room was less expensive than U Sathorn is now, I at least expected to receive a comparable amount of attention and care. I was rather disappointed.

To start off, check in was smooth but as a party of 4 who booked 1 room with a large bed and another room with 2 twin beds, we could not be arranged to stay on the same floor. This was an inconvenience for us as an elderly parent injured herself and had to get around using a stick. To make matters worst, the elevators were locked and you are only able to visit the floor you stay in. We ended up swapping one of each of our key cards so that either party can travel the elevators and visit each other whenever we wanted. But I can see how this can be a real inconvenience for parents looking after children if they were arranged on different floors.

Location: great if you want to visit the Nimman area and be close to the newer and more hip part of the city. Straight across from Maya shopping mall.

Room: bed was comfortable. King size or 2 standard twin sizes. The room was a little too dim. It was annoying that there was no master button for lights and every time you get in the room, you had to wander to 3 different areas to turn on all the lights. Nice seated shower but better if it was brighter. Water temperature was ok. My room temperature was also ok but my family member kept complaining that the temp in their room was either too hot or too cold. There’s a small gift (chocolate) if you don’t change your sheets each day which is sweet.

Service: Everyone was courteous from the reception, to those making up the rooms to the staff serving breakfast. I guess I was expecting the same level of service as U Sathorn so was slightly disappointed that nothing wow me. When I rolled my multiple suitcases to the reception to check out, a staff passed by and didn’t even look twice let alone consider holding the door for me. Everyone did their jobs really well but it seems that they did nothing more to create a favourable lasting impression.

Facilities: pool was an infinity pool with view of the Maya shopping mall. Fairly small, more like the size for kids to splash. Gym room was nicely equipped. There was lockers for storage and a sauna in both the men and women change rooms. Large towel is provided and there was bar close to the pool.

Decor: I didn’t really like the neon lights for the room number and the slightly tinted neon glass in the toilet area. The decor was alright, which strived to be on the hip side to fit the surrounding area I guess.

Breakfast: worth every penny if you value full selection at breakfast. Daily specials such as salsa style egg in clay pot or eggs benedict would keep breakfast interesting. There was also fresh juices and smoothies everyday. Chocolate milk was great, noodle bar, fried Thai doughnuts, soy milk, boiled rice with pork, loads of healthy yogurt, muesli cups, breads, rolls, danish, fresh fruits, pancakes and waffles.

Overall, service quality and room facilities could be improved to make the hotel better.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GM_U_Nimman, General Manager at U Nimman Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Mhnchoi23,

Warm greetings from U Nimman Chiang Mai.

First and foremost, my team and I would like to offer our heartfelt appreciation for providing this essential and valuable feedback of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are very sorry to learn that we failed to impress you who is the loyal guest of U brand in several aspects. The improvement points which you kindly pointed out are much appreciated and they are taken very seriously for us to strive for the highest satisfaction of our guest.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused to you and your family as we were not able to accommodate your party to stay on the same floor – thus the hassle of riding on the elevator and swapping of key cards. We could have done a better job on the room assignments or offer alternatives on the following day. While the security is our main concern, we will need to ensure the convenience and comfort of our guests are as equally important. For this we would take your constructive comment for our immediate improvements. Our Front Desk team should be more responsive to the request of family travelling together and ensuring to provide the utmost flexibility to their special requests.

As far as the master light switch is concerned, our Engineering team had been instructed to immediately check & rectify this control unit and ensure the programming is properly set up. We would like to apologize for this matter and thank you for pointing this out to us.

Your candid opinion on the attentiveness of our staff will be used as the guidance for training in our continued effort to warmly delight our guests in every possible way. We do aim to create the memorable stay experience for all our guests. We feel sorry that we failed to make this happen during your stay therefore we thank you for highlighting this very important matter to our attention.

It’s a delight to read that you very much enjoyed our breakfast offerings. Our Culinary team has been instructed to maintain the highest standard in offering the quality and variety of this important meal. It is refreshing to read your elaborated narrative of what we are offering at our buffet.

Last but not least, thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and your family. We very much like to have another opportunity to be of your service again. Please write to me at gm@unimmanchiangmai.com so I can see to it that your next stay at U Nimman Chiang Mai will be more satisfactory than your last stay in September 2018.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

i think here is great north cuisine, great location near one nimman have a lot of coffee spot, can use city bus to airport for half a hour, fitness 24 hr. so lanna styles love all of it, i will be back

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GM_U_Nimman, General Manager at U Nimman Chiang Mai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear DayTrip251574,

Warm greetings from U Nimman Chiang Mai.

My team and I wish to thank you for your lovely review. It's a delight to read that you very much enjoyed staying with us.

We appreciate your kind compliments on our convenient location and the local dishes we provide in our restaurant. Our culinary team take great pride in their cuisines and we are pleased to read that they are to your liking.

Thank you for your kind support. All staff of U Nimman Chiang Mai shall await your next stay with us.