See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Worse hotel I've been to. I stayed 10 nights in a single room on the third floor of the building next to the restaurant. I didn't do my research on the hotel or the area. If it wasn't for the fact that I met my Thai girlfriend every night who commuted to the area I would have left immediately. Bang Rak certainly is not a tourist area - nothing to do - I was bored senseless.

Here we go:
Wi-Fi frustratingly temperamental and very poor
TV limited channels
NO FRIDGE
Bed like a brick
Small dirty looking room badly decorated
View from window: an old dirty office block type building literally feet away obscuring everything but light
Building work going on at the front
Kurt and unfriendly cleaners
Breakfast (included) - Omelet and toast every day and nothing else on the menu (I'm a vegan so didn't bother to even attend after a few days -coffee was undrinkable)
Security of belongings - money passport etc very flimsy approach. Put my items in a makeshift envelope and put in a locker with loads of other guests belongings.This was in reception -not good and creates anxiety wondering if your things are safe or not. It turned out OK but I wasn't impressed.

But by far the WORST THING - INSECTS - adolescent roaches and bugs. At one time they were on the bed. Got into the drawers and my stuff.
Another point: I felt like I was the only white man in 'India' - even though it was Thailand.
Good points:
Air Con worked well but had no remote
Shower worked well
They didn't bother you if you took a visitor back
Reception staff were OK
Lock on the door worked

A cheap hotel - for me approx £13 a night but you soon realise you should have gone for a much better one. At least I have come away with that lesson. I'll also look at the area next time on line.

Room Tip: Get the most expensive one and check for insects
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My experience at this hotel was extremely unpleasant. I was transiting for one night in Bangkok and the place didn't look too bad online so I decided to give it a shot.

The moment I arrived. I was rushed to my room without even having time to ask the questions I had to the receptionist. I was dumped in my room without a word. The room itself could be nice, but everything is dirty: the walls, the desk, the flooring, when it seems like all it needs is a quick wipe to get rid of the stains. The bedsheets also need to be refreshed, as they have multiple holes in them.

The only place that had wifi during my stay was the reception, where there are two couches and that could be nice if it wasn't invaded by older men using the wifi without staying at the hotel. I found it very uncomfortable staying down there by myself.

The hotel is combined with an Indian restaurant. The food is basic, but here again the service isn't good. I asked for cutlery, as I wasn't given any, and the woman in charge seemed extremely annoyed to stop her conversation with her friend to help me out.

Last but not least, the reception services are dreadful. I went the first time to ask to book a taxi for the next morning. I double checked later, and I was laughed at because "there are taxis everywhere in Bangkok day and night". Clearly, that was not the problem, I just wanted a taxi in front of the hotel at 7am, not a big deal.
I also requested a wake up call at 6:30, which I did not get. Instead, I got a loud knock on the door at 4:30. When I complained, I did not get an apology but was told that there was a problem with the phone in my room. Of course.

Terrible service and horrific experience. Avoid!!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Worst Hotel, By the way we should not call as a Hotel. This place is full of ****. I book this hotel by Booking.com for 2 nights, 18th and 19th August 2017.
They send me on room number 613, which is on the 6th floor. Where i have to climb 72 vertical steep with my bag because there is NO ELEVATOR. No Internet coverage. tear bedsheets , tear blankets, tear window curtains , Air-condition is to noisy , dirty windows. It's horrible.
Anyway I stayed that night but next morning i went to reception to tell all about and he (indain) is saying no no we mentioned in Booking.com that internet is only in lobby ( layer ) I showed him the list from Booking.com giving facilities. After this all they change my room to 105.
Where is internet in noon time but in night no internet again.... my goodness..
Anyway at let night i went to reception ( one indain man who should take retirement anyway i salute him he is still doing night shifts) to arrange wakeup call morning at 6am and i went in room but there is no telephone set in my room, I can't believe my self. And after sometimes they arrange that phone set from other room, and finally iv wakeup call but but at 5:45 am . Instead of 6am. This hotel should close or hotel owner should change all staff except breakfast women and bellboys .
I have a very very bad experience in this Disgusting place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2017

If you expect convenience, satisfaction, a quiet environment then this is NOT the place to stay if you are a business person. This is great for the Millenial crowd that wants to socialize outside of their facebook and twitter accounts..........this is great for the family that missed an opportunity to go to Cedar Point, Kings Island or Thrill park with their children...........this is NOT the place to stay or consider staying if you are on a business trip. The bar/restaurant caters to the local low budget weekday weddings...........you are out of bar/restaurant privileges. The loud speaker across the road for the local car dealership will ensure you have no quiet time for follow up business or report writing. The mold smell and "rules" will definitely not coincide with your business needs. Children running up and down halls, all hours of the night with business clientele rooms so small, it will require you to do acrobats to enter the bathroom. Don't waste your money, sanity or time.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Deb P
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We have stayed at the Woodlands Inn several years ago and enjoyed the restaurant food . So when in Bangkok again decided to eat there. On arrival we were met by offhand staff and the woman who took our food order showed no interest and was also offhand. My wife and I both ordered the mutton biryani. When It arrived it just consisted of some grisly mutton with some steamed white rice dumped on top. The biryani was one of the most expensive items on the menu and was n't worth half the price. We certainly won't be eating at the Woodlands again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple