“Yep, it's a trap. But our experience was not so bad”

Nakorn Sawan Collection
Ranked #511 of 586 Shopping in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We are yet another couple of tourists who fell for this trap. Tuk tuk driver delivered us there promising the best, and we got caught up in the thrill of it all! BUT, the products we received were not as bad as some other reviews. I actually found them to be of very good quality, thankfully, because after reading other reviews I was convinced we'd thrown money down the drain!

My husband ordered a suit and shirt which fit really nicely (despite the suit jacket requiring a few adjustments, which were catered for on the spot). The fabric and lining were exactly what we had chosen, and I'm satisfied that the material is genuine wool and not a polyester knockoff (manufacturers branding on the edge of the reel matches photos I found online). I ordered a cashmere/wool blend overcoat which was nicely constructed and fit perfectly. All up we paid $24k THB for the suit, shirt, tie and coat. No, I am not convinced this was the best deal out there, but yes, am happy with the products we received and the service was quite good. To have purchased the same things at home would have easily cost us a few hundred more, that's for off the rack garments, and here we have our own made to measure suit and coat.

My advice? If you have purchased from this business don't freak out - just be firm about any changes you require and don't accept anything you're not completely happy with. Be fussy and they should accomodate. Hopefully you will be as pleasantly surprised as we were.

2  Thank Emma C

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I was also taken there by TukTuk like all the other reviewers said. Same story, approached by random Thai, offered cheap TukTuk ride, then went to a 'unknown temple' where approached by another friendly Thai, who also recommended this suit place. We were then brought to Dusitta Collection.

The staff was friendly but a bit pushy on sales. After negotiating for quite a bit, I settled on buying one 3 piece suit. After I left, I checked the reviews on tripadvisor and I was so shocked at the negative reviews. Everybody said it was a scam and I had already paid for the suit so I felt terrible. I was afraid that I had wasted my money and would get a horrible suit out of it.

But, I decided to give them a chance. I went for my fitting the day after and was surprised by how well the suit fit. During my initial visit, they had taken about 10 different measurements and the suit definitely felt like it was precise to the measure. There was only a small few changes needed and the tailor noted it down. We went back the next day and the corrections were all made and the suit fit like a glove. Fit wise, the suit gets a 10/10. Regarding materials, the seller told me that it's around 45% cashmere and 55% wool. I guess I'll never know if it really is that but at least based on touch, the fabric felt nice and soft. I've bought cheap polyester suits before online and this finitely felt a lot better. So material wise, it's difficult for me to give a score.

Although this whole TukTuk scam incident left a sour taste, the suit itself turned out super nice and true to the specifications that I had given and the fabric color and lining that I wanted. Did I overpay for my suit? I probably did according to Thai price standards but if I compare it to the price I would've paid back home in Canada, then it was quite a decent price.

Anyways I hope that Dusitta collection can stop this whole TukTuk scam thing and just focus on an honest business. Their product in my opinion was good so if they work consistently and honestly with it, I believe it can become a great business.

3  Thank Rchar
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Don‘t go there the prices are just way to high and they are just try to scam you.
Don‘t go with tuk tuk drivers who are cheap they always bring you to shops where they get money from the shops.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

This place is an absolute SCAM, as the other posts detail. They sell extremely poor quality and ill-fitting suits at an overly inflated and expensive price.

When in the clothing store, the manager, who calls himself "Mr. Tanakorn", lied to us and deceived us regarding the quality of the suits, and after receiving the suits and discovering the scam, he aggressively swore at us and berated us when we called him out on the poor quality.

After first discovering the scam, we quickly visited the Tourist Police to report the scam and get a refund. However, the police could not and would not charge or act against the store on our behalf. Even after spending hours with the police and a store employee, who eventually ADMITTED the scam and the poor quality of the suits, we did not receive a refund.

The suits and dress shirts themselves were way too small (like they were made for a child) and of terribly poor quality. It was an absolute, sickening joke and we could do nothing about it. It ruined our trip to Thailand and we will never be back.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this place at all costs!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2017

As others have mentioned, my family got taken in by this very well organized scam. We were headed to the grans palace when we were approached by a randomperson who said it was closed for the day, offered cheap tuk tuk, met a random person who just happened to be an engineer who just got suits from there. Long story short, we did get our suits. Cheap material and the fit, especially on my wife's dress was terrible. I'd advise anyone who gets taken in to immediately call their credit card company and cancel. It's not worth it and completely unethical.