“Same as other reviewers - BUT the result was good”

Nakorn Sawan Collection
Ranked #518 of 591 Shopping in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I was also taken there by TukTuk like all the other reviewers said. Same story, approached by random Thai, offered cheap TukTuk ride, then went to a 'unknown temple' where approached by another friendly Thai, who also recommended this suit place. We were then brought to Dusitta Collection.

The staff was friendly but a bit pushy on sales. After negotiating for quite a bit, I settled on buying one 3 piece suit. After I left, I checked the reviews on tripadvisor and I was so shocked at the negative reviews. Everybody said it was a scam and I had already paid for the suit so I felt terrible. I was afraid that I had wasted my money and would get a horrible suit out of it.

But, I decided to give them a chance. I went for my fitting the day after and was surprised by how well the suit fit. During my initial visit, they had taken about 10 different measurements and the suit definitely felt like it was precise to the measure. There was only a small few changes needed and the tailor noted it down. We went back the next day and the corrections were all made and the suit fit like a glove. Fit wise, the suit gets a 10/10. Regarding materials, the seller told me that it's around 45% cashmere and 55% wool. I guess I'll never know if it really is that but at least based on touch, the fabric felt nice and soft. I've bought cheap polyester suits before online and this finitely felt a lot better. So material wise, it's difficult for me to give a score.

Although this whole TukTuk scam incident left a sour taste, the suit itself turned out super nice and true to the specifications that I had given and the fabric color and lining that I wanted. Did I overpay for my suit? I probably did according to Thai price standards but if I compare it to the price I would've paid back home in Canada, then it was quite a decent price.

Anyways I hope that Dusitta collection can stop this whole TukTuk scam thing and just focus on an honest business. Their product in my opinion was good so if they work consistently and honestly with it, I believe it can become a great business.

3  Thank Rchar

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Don‘t go there the prices are just way to high and they are just try to scam you.
Don‘t go with tuk tuk drivers who are cheap they always bring you to shops where they get money from the shops.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

This place is an absolute SCAM, as the other posts detail. They sell extremely poor quality and ill-fitting suits at an overly inflated and expensive price.

When in the clothing store, the manager, who calls himself "Mr. Tanakorn", lied to us and deceived us regarding the quality of the suits, and after receiving the suits and discovering the scam, he aggressively swore at us and berated us when we called him out on the poor quality.

After first discovering the scam, we quickly visited the Tourist Police to report the scam and get a refund. However, the police could not and would not charge or act against the store on our behalf. Even after spending hours with the police and a store employee, who eventually ADMITTED the scam and the poor quality of the suits, we did not receive a refund.

The suits and dress shirts themselves were way too small (like they were made for a child) and of terribly poor quality. It was an absolute, sickening joke and we could do nothing about it. It ruined our trip to Thailand and we will never be back.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this place at all costs!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

As others have mentioned, my family got taken in by this very well organized scam. We were headed to the grans palace when we were approached by a randomperson who said it was closed for the day, offered cheap tuk tuk, met a random person who just happened to be an engineer who just got suits from there. Long story short, we did get our suits. Cheap material and the fit, especially on my wife's dress was terrible. I'd advise anyone who gets taken in to immediately call their credit card company and cancel. It's not worth it and completely unethical.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I feel so stupid. After I visited the grand palace I was walking to another nearby temple when a nice english speaking student asked me where I was going. He suggested that I go to that temple and another nearby buddha statue, and that it was a special one day per year deal with the tuk tuks if they take you to a thai clothing factory during your trip its only 40baht. Its this cheap because the tuk tuks get free gas out of it. So we go to this dusit place and I was dehydrated and had been cooking in the sun for a few ours - not in my usual street smart mode. The salesman was very smooth and I was talked into a nice cashmere overcoat. They sized me up, but in hindsight I dont remember him taking my sleave length. I ended up paying 15500 baht!!!! This is close to 600 canadian, which is still less than I would pay in Canada for a custom cashmere overcoat, but not much. When I got back to the hotel I looked up this place and was horrified by the reviews. They seem to have below par suits if you pick them up, and many have reported that international shipping never comes. Im leaving Bangkok early tomorrow morning and wont be able to pick the coat. I feel so dumb. I just hope they actually send me a coat. If not, 600$ to the Bongkok suit mafia.

2  Thank Stefan M