“Hope I actually get a coat out of this...”

Nakorn Sawan Collection
Ranked #505 of 577 Shopping in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I feel so stupid. After I visited the grand palace I was walking to another nearby temple when a nice english speaking student asked me where I was going. He suggested that I go to that temple and another nearby buddha statue, and that it was a special one day per year deal with the tuk tuks if they take you to a thai clothing factory during your trip its only 40baht. Its this cheap because the tuk tuks get free gas out of it. So we go to this dusit place and I was dehydrated and had been cooking in the sun for a few ours - not in my usual street smart mode. The salesman was very smooth and I was talked into a nice cashmere overcoat. They sized me up, but in hindsight I dont remember him taking my sleave length. I ended up paying 15500 baht!!!! This is close to 600 canadian, which is still less than I would pay in Canada for a custom cashmere overcoat, but not much. When I got back to the hotel I looked up this place and was horrified by the reviews. They seem to have below par suits if you pick them up, and many have reported that international shipping never comes. Im leaving Bangkok early tomorrow morning and wont be able to pick the coat. I feel so dumb. I just hope they actually send me a coat. If not, 600$ to the Bongkok suit mafia.

1  Thank Stefan M

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews on this place , I too thought I was scammed and ripped off.
First of all , we should have read scams in Bangkok before we arrived.but didn't.
Anyways , My wife and I were walking around Bangkok when a nice teen came up out of nowhere and told us about the whole one day Buddha holiday and free gas if we take a tuk tuk and see the temples. only for 40baht. So we did, since that's what we were planing on doing anyways. The tuk tuk was fun swerving in and out of traffic , and he did take us to a few temples that were on my map. He also let us take our time and stayed with us and didn't leave.
Then he took us to the dusitta collection tailor. Which I didn't mind , because getting a custom fitted suit was something I wanted to do while I was here. So we went inside and was welcomed by a salesman that helped me pick out some fabrics for the suit , vest , shirts. I picked out some very nice material and was very excited to see what it would all look like when finished. After I was done picking out everything, he took measurements of my body. Then we made a deal at 12000 baht for suit , vest , 2 dress shirts. Which I thought was a great deal ! For a fitted suit and shirts. The salesman then said its better I pay cash rather than credit card. I wasn't sure about paying all cash since that's close to all I had on me at the moment and told him I'll use credit card. He then told me it would cost more if I did use credit card. So I said ok and payed full in cash 12000 baht. I got a receipt and he said come back tomorrow around 3 o'clock for second fitting.
I was very excited !
Then we left and the tuk tuk brought us back to hotel and we have him the 40 baht.
I then was kinda worried that I just gave a store 12000 baht upfront and didn't have anything. So I then looked up reviews and got very scared! Thought I got ripped off big time !
The next day I emailed them and asked if I still had an appointment to meet there at 3 o'clock for second fitting. They emailed back and said yes. So I went back and got second fitting done and seen thAt my suit and shirts were already being made. I tried everything on and we had to make a few adjustments. Then they said everything would be finished tomorrow and they would drop off at hotel around 1 o'clock.
The next day I asked my hotel if they received my suit at 1 o'clock, but nothing.
At about 5:30 my room door knocked and the hotel finally got my suit from them. I was soo excited ! It all came in a nice suit bag and looked amazing ! I tried everything on and it fit like a glove ! Excellent ! All the same fabric I picked out , everything cut and sewed perfect ! They even gave me 2 free ties to go with it !
In the end , yes It was a good scam to get people into their shop. But remember, you don't have to buy ! I wanted to though and got excellent suit and shirts and even free ties ! So don't be scared if you have purchased something from here , it does come and it is nice work ! Thank you dusitta collection and I will do buisness again with you.

1  Thank dan_gyyc
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Like every other reviewer, I fell for the "Lucky Buddha" scam. Traveling on my own, I decided to visit the Royal Palace. Upon arrival, I was told by an official looking local that the palace was closed (plus I was dressed too casually in shorts), but that he would arrange for a Tuk Tuk driver to take me around to multiple sites in the area instead. It was Buddhist temple after Buddhist temple with a suit factory thrown in the middle. One of those things was not like the other. I should have realized the truth at that point and gotten out fast. Unfortunately, I fell for it. I went to the first temple and then to the second after which I encountered a seemingly kind gentleman who happened to plug the same suit factory. He said they had advertised the sale on TV and in the newspaper, so his words affirmed my confidence in the opportunity to buy reasonably priced, high quality suits. Unfortunately, the result was anything but. I spent a whopping $1,000 USD for 3 cheap, polyester suits that do not fit properly. Do not make the same mistake I did. Avoid this place like the plague.

1  Thank Max B
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Walk away before you pay.

While tailoring quality may be okay the fabrics are not wool/cashmere and at the prices being charged you shouldn't be walking out with a polyester garment.

Process plays out just as other reviewers have said ie: guy befriends, arranges tuk tuk driver, may meet another 'local' at a tourist site who confirms locals use this tailor ... walk away.

The photo is correct - no name and a weird red light system in roof that appears to alert those in the know.

Again walk way without imparting any money.

1  Thank MeganK2175
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

We have the same story as everyone else....

We were approached by a guy who said he worked at the Grand Palace and told us that it was closed until 3pm that we should visit other places while it was closed. He arranged a TukTuk to take us to see "special" wats only open this week, a custom tailor place, reclining Buddha and Grand Place... He assured us the TukTuk would only charge us 100 baht. We thought it was a great deal....

At the "special" wat a random guy approached us for a friendly conversation. When he asked us where we were going he was "shocked" that as tourist we knew about this local spot for tailored suits. He said he bought an amazing suit there. When we arrived at the tailor they sold us the dream but luckily we paid with a Credit card and read these reviews online a few days after when we were trying to get a hold of them and happen to search online for another possible number and found these reviews!!

We were able to get the money back due to paying with a credit card. Our items are "suppose" to be delivered to us in a week on at our last hotel. We have no idea if the items will arrive but we are sure they won't be the quality we were promised.

3  Thank joanna7086