Open today: 2:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Review Highlights
Hardcore whisky drinkers watering hole

Though it has been around now for some years it is a hidden oasis from the glare & glitz of... read more

Reviewed 2 September 2018

from US$66.90
from US$18.80
from US$13.80
More Info
All reviews cigar bar great whiskey classy joint leather couches few hours humidor cannon knowledge sukhumvit
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

When I was last in Bangkok in April 2018 I visited Whisgars for the 6th time, at least 6 times. This is decadence, Cigars and top shelf whisky. I do not smoke but I deal with it to hear Steve Cannon and his trio perform. Live Jazz in Bangkok is not an unusual happening as the talent and knowledge of the music amongst local players is very good. What is, is that a venue has an ongoing four nights a week of live Jazz. This commitment, nearly a house band setting, is what is unusual. I am a Musican who spends many weeks/months in Thailand each year and Whisgars for me is a must when I am in town. Decadence is not cheep anywhere. Relax, enjoy.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

They have a good selection of booze, stogies and burgers... I stopped by late at night one time and thoroughly enjoyed my short but unexpected visit with scrumptious food.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

This review is for the Whisky and Cigar Bar, the front bar did not thrill me.
I have stayed at the Citadines on Soi 23 several times and had not realised that this fantastic venue was so near, Whisgars is a classy, comfortable and quiet venue with leather couches and arm chairs laid out around low tables the atmosphere is calm and masculine, staff are very friendly and provide excellent service.
They serve a fabulous range of top shelf whisky's and offer fine cigars for your enjoyment , four nights a week Steve Cannons Jazz band provides some wonderful music at a level that ensures you can still talk with friends and colleauges, this is a very chilled place not to everyones taste I suppose but if you are in Sukhumvit and enjoy good Whisky and fine Cigars drop in and chill for a few hours, Steves band plays Wed,Thurs, Fri and Sat nights.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was here for lunch with my partner who is a US Navy Vet. We think the owner is a US Marines. Vet. My partner is from California and I lived there for 13 years so we bought know what a true taco should taste like. We are here only for two days after 2 week stay in Phuket and we were craving some good and authentic Mexican after eating Thai for 14 days straight. This place was one the way to our hotel and we are so glad we stopped by. Tacos amazing and only 80 Bhat each. Draft beer selection out of this world. Try the hibiscus beer it was the best beer I ever tried. Tortillas as made on the spot so you know you are getting the read deal. Beers are pricy but they are imported so makes sense. Great concept and they also have a whiskey bar and a cigar bar. I work in tourism and currently manage a hotel and if I tell you that you should not miss this gem... don’t. Only thing I could advise the owner on is to make his male waiters more attentive. The lady with light hair that took our order was great however as this is a place that caters to westerners the male waiters need a little bit more training in attentiveness towards customers considering that when we were there it was not super busy. That said you still deserve 5 stars for the concept and amazing food. The selection of beers also got you an extra star as it is best I have ever seen.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Calipolkid
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This place is good if you want to pay the earth for food and drink. Soda water with lime normal pice 40 Bhatt here 120 Bhatt. They get away with is buy calling it a craft beer place 100 mil beers only available on a drinking plate of 5 beers, this was my first and very last time at this place careful of bill shock and the service charge so don't tip.

2  Thank wayugo