“Great Whisky, Fine Cigars and Jazz at Whisgars”

Whisgars : Sukhumvit 23
Ranked #24 of 172 Nightlife in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A specialized entertainment venue providing patrons with high end, single cask, single malt whiskies and premium hand rolled cigars. All venues are smoke friendly and provide the very best in customer service and experiences.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 8 July 2018

This review is for the Whisky and Cigar Bar, the front bar did not thrill me.
I have stayed at the Citadines on Soi 23 several times and had not realised that this fantastic venue was so near, Whisgars is a classy, comfortable and quiet venue with leather couches and arm chairs laid out around low tables the atmosphere is calm and masculine, staff are very friendly and provide excellent service.
They serve a fabulous range of top shelf whisky's and offer fine cigars for your enjoyment , four nights a week Steve Cannons Jazz band provides some wonderful music at a level that ensures you can still talk with friends and colleauges, this is a very chilled place not to everyones taste I suppose but if you are in Sukhumvit and enjoy good Whisky and fine Cigars drop in and chill for a few hours, Steves band plays Wed,Thurs, Fri and Sat nights.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"complex"
"asia"

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was here for lunch with my partner who is a US Navy Vet. We think the owner is a US Marines. Vet. My partner is from California and I lived there for 13 years so we bought know what a true taco should taste like. We are here only for two days after 2 week stay in Phuket and we were craving some good and authentic Mexican after eating Thai for 14 days straight. This place was one the way to our hotel and we are so glad we stopped by. Tacos amazing and only 80 Bhat each. Draft beer selection out of this world. Try the hibiscus beer it was the best beer I ever tried. Tortillas as made on the spot so you know you are getting the read deal. Beers are pricy but they are imported so makes sense. Great concept and they also have a whiskey bar and a cigar bar. I work in tourism and currently manage a hotel and if I tell you that you should not miss this gem... don’t. Only thing I could advise the owner on is to make his male waiters more attentive. The lady with light hair that took our order was great however as this is a place that caters to westerners the male waiters need a little bit more training in attentiveness towards customers considering that when we were there it was not super busy. That said you still deserve 5 stars for the concept and amazing food. The selection of beers also got you an extra star as it is best I have ever seen.

1  Thank Calipolkid
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This place is good if you want to pay the earth for food and drink. Soda water with lime normal pice 40 Bhatt here 120 Bhatt. They get away with is buy calling it a craft beer place 100 mil beers only available on a drinking plate of 5 beers, this was my first and very last time at this place careful of bill shock and the service charge so don't tip.

2  Thank Alfio G
Reviewed 17 February 2018

First I would like to say that this establishment is run by a management team seems to be inebriated every night. The staff is NOT knowledgeable about their products, and the service is LAZY and INATTENTIVE at best, if you can get a waitress to put down their phone, and take your order with a bad attitude, you are doing great.

The food and beverage are far overpriced, so be expecting a ridiculously high bill, and I have actually been served hundreds of roaches running out of a basked of tortilla chips in the restaurant.
Now to get to the pitiful beer terrace, also a part of the company. The beer is always flat, hot, and comes at an average price of 300 baht per glass, if I am paying ten dollars for a beer, it better be cold and fresh, here you will find exactly the opposite.
In conclusion, take these positive reviews with a grain of salt because knowledge of product, and good service, are things you will not find here. I would be very surprised if they are still in business by the end of the year.
The only positive thing that I can say is that one Manager, his name is Brian is great, if you are lucky enough to be there on a night that he is running things, otherwise buckle up, it is going to be a rough ride.

You have been informed.