2,857 results
All reviewschocolate buffetthai restaurantzuk bargarden suitebeautiful hotelsathorn roadan executive suitehealth clubbusy citycoffee machinethe banyan treebusiness districtconcierge deskluxury hotelpool sideour honeymoonceladon
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The hotel facility is nicely set up. I can tell They care about it and proud of it. All staff members were professional and warm. Especially concierge, Toom and Kook helped me to make a good sightseeing plan and shopping. They were very friendly. I was also happy about the room maintenance. My room was kept clean and they put different kinds of fruit in my room. It was nice little treat.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Khun mikahaya,

First of all, thank you very much for your wonderful review of The Sukhothai Bangkok. It is nice to know that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared among our team members so that they know the service they provided is appreciated. We all look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

This is my first review on any website but I wanted to support the team at SukoThai as they did an amazing job taking care of my family during our recent stay. We stayed in a suite on the 9th floor and it was a perfect size with a separate living area so our young son (14 months) could take naps while we still had an area to lounge around.

The pool is very large and has a sufficient number of lounging chairs. We often ate at Celadon where the Thai food is very good however note that it is a little on the expensive end.

The one area that sets this hotel apart is the service. Everyone was so welcoming, genuinely happy, and helpful. In particular they really paid attention to our son and really made sure he was taken care of. A special thank you to Sean at concierge as he did a great job recommending restaurants and giving us advice on how to get around the city. Thanks to all the staff around the hotel who made this weekend getaway very enjoyable. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Khun CanadianHK27,

We would like to extend our thanks for choosing to stay with us and we are absolutely delighted to hear that your stay with us was wonderful. Your kind words have been duly noted and we will be sure to share them with the team. Look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and extra compliments to Breeze who was very polite and attentive. Dessert options is amazing especially the chocolate banana tart and the ice cream flavours are also unique. Get 50% with eatigo

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Khun Florence A,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our Colonnade restaurant. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful moment while dining with us. Hope to have an opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I rarely write reviews. In fact this is the first hotel review that I've ever done, but this place is so special and they've deserve a mention. I tend to stay in hotels that feels like the city that I'm in. For instance The Plaza in NYC, Claridges in London. Sukhothai certainly feels like you're in Bangkok, a beautiful appointed hotel with Thai silk and discreet good taste. The place whispers luxury rather than screams it. It is about 500 meters from the underground and about 5-10 mins cab ride from the nearest sky train (about US$2). It is very centrally located in the Satorn area (parallel to Silom) yet when you come in, it feels like you're miles away. This place is not the new modern monolith hotels that are sprouting over. What you get is beautiful hotel grounds, outdoor areas with lotus pounds. staffs that smiles at you. A very large swimming pool, 25 meters and very wide and with the new extension, more areas to sunbathe with numerous private cabanas. I've originally stayed for two weeks at the Garden Suite but after my plans changed I ended up being a long term stay at the Executive Suite for another month and a half. I couldn't be happier. I'm writing this review with 48 hours before leaving Thailand and I know that this is where I'll be coming back next year.
All of this makes a good hotel, the location, the amenities, the pool but what makes this place really special and makes it a GREAT hotel are the staffs. Khun Botun from food and beverage introduced herself right away from one of our conversations I mentioned that after having been abroad for 3+decades I couldn't find the Lychees that I had in my childhood even after an attempt to find them in china town. Lo and behold she found them and sent them to my room not once, but 4 times! she also sent up mangosteens since they were in season. Khun Anne and Tar that I met at Suk bar, professional friendly and we've shared jokes and laughed into numerous late nights together. Khun Tum the amazing concierge who seems to wave and magic wand and can get anything done. He's been around since the hotel opened 28 years ago, so needless to say he knows the in and outs of this town really well. Khun Tippy the front manager whom after I've extended my time oh...5 times somehow managed to swap things around so I wouldn't have to move room and check on my when she walked by. Khun Eve at the bakery who's always telling me about their new items and what I should try. She knows that when I come over in the morning that when I nod she'd bring me my perfect cup of coffee with an ice water on the side. Khun Big at the pool, whom after I swam for a 1.5 km sent me a complimentary smoothie, which was smart, I ordered one nearly every time I went for a swim. It is going to be sad to leave this place.
CONS: Gym renovations isn't done yet, so the gym right now is an abbreviated gym. The Pizza at the Scala that I had wasn't very good, maybe it was an off day was told that there main menu is good but I haven't tried it yet
PROS: Everything else mentioned above

Room Tip: Garden suite would probably be best for value, service is unbeatable whatever room you sty in
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank EkaponT

Dear Khun Ekapon T,

On behalf of the whole team here, we really appreciate the time and effort you have put into writing this review. We are pleased to learn of the fantastic experience you had with us at The Sukhothai Bangkok. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Team Members concerned in making your stay enjoyable. When your travels take you back to Bangkok, hope The Sukhothai Bangkok is your address.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Peaceful hotel in a great location in Bangkok. Rooms were very impressive both large and felt luxurious. Both Nahm and Banyan tree vertigo bar are next door. Service was very good throughout the stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. It is always encouraging to hear such a positive feedback from our guests. Hope to welcome you back again in the future.