5,115 results
All reviews across the river balcony room grand deluxe suite mei jiang fax machine thai restaurant boat service chao phraya river shuttle boat breakfast buffet view of the river mandarin oriental our honeymoon luxury hotel concierge desk four seasons wonderful hotel
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed 3 days in terrace suite, it has been one of the best luxury accommodation I reached world wide (as per my reviews they are a lot). All it has been performed with high professionality ( and true kindness), a mention particular for the assistant manager Jack very brilliant in giving reply to all my needs. For sure I will come back, definetelly recomended . Luca Nicodemi

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Luca N
Peninsula_BKK, Manager at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Luca N

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us in one of our Theme Suites and have experienced our world class luxury service. Your kind comments are very encouraging and we are delighted to know that you've had a memorable stay. Thank you for your kind words to our Assistant Manager Jack who will be glad to know of your feedback as well as with our team. We look forward to accord you the same great service on your next visit soon.
Irene Aniban
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We stayed at the hotel for three nights. The location and rooms were excellent. First the good. The room was very good, and the view of the river and downtown and were magnificent. The service was excellent, and the concierges were good. The concierge booked a tour that was customized for us and Pink a concierge helped us plan a great visit to the shopping areas. The other great aspect of the hotel are the boats that shuttle guests across the river. So why, a one-star rating. There were three issues. The first significant problem is that we had to wait for 10-15 minutes in the heat to access the restaurant for breakfast. I have never been to a luxury hotel that makes guests wait in the heat in a line. The hostesses are not pleasant. Also, even simple orders like eggs require the guest to stand in line in the heat. It took us about 10-15 minutes to get a table, but a waitress told me that the wait is typically longer. The second problem is that the hotel charges a 10% service charge that they do not declare at the time of booking or check-in. When I asked to explain the charge, nobody could explain the charge. Finally, the reservation stated that they would upgrade the room if a better room was available. However, when we checked-in, I was informed that the room that I booked was not upgradable. Again, no such information was provided when the room was reserved. I did contact the Peninsula and Irene their front desk manager blamed American Express our travel agent for all the issues (I am glad that they could not blame American Express for breakfast). I also checked their website and it does not say that the room that I chose could not be upgraded. I am disappointed with the service and Irene’s response.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank ArunS515
Peninsula_BKK, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Arun S,

Thank you very much for taking your time writing us the feedbacks. First off, please accept my sincere apologies for the mishaps you had encountered during your previous stay with us. To cater possible queue for breakfast, we often offer alternative breakfast locations, I am terribly sorry if the team failed to offer you the alternative. Depending on the booking source, should the room rates are being paid directly by guest, we would explain the 10% service charge and 7% VAT, which are also stated in writing on our registration card and all menus in our restaurants; the 10% service charge is imposed by the hotel and which is also a common practice worldwide especially in hospitality industry. In regards to the upgrade, American Express has few packages with us and upgrade could be subject to availability or guarantee upgrade in some other packages. All in all, I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations and the team did not handle the situations perfectly.
However, I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed the room and some of the hotel facilities we had to offer, we would certainly share your kind compliment on Pink at the Concierge, which would serve a great motivator to the team.

I look forward to your return visit and we will be able to demonstrate the norm of The Peninsula Bangkok!

Best regards,
Donna Lee
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We choose this hotel as it allowed for a very early check-in as our flights got in very early morning and also a late night flight out. There was no problem with either these requests leading to check-in or checking out. I found the service excellent & the facilities fabulous. They have activities your free to join. I enjoyed the morning yoga in beautiful surroundings and the stretch class. The pool is well staffed and delightful to relax around. We had breakfast on one of the balconies with views of the river. Affordable and delicious. This hotel was slightly higher than my budget though with all the services and lovely atmosphere I will definitely book this hotel again. A wonderful hotel and experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 463lenar
Peninsula_BKK, Manager at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Lena R

We are pleased to know that you were delighted by our service and you have experienced many of our daily offerings including our sunrise yoga which is a good way to start the day. Thank you for pointing out our excellent service and the facilities including our famed breakfast offering which you have enjoyed. We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.
Irene Aniban
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Stayed at the beautiful Peninsula Hotel for three nights. The room was fabulous, great views over the river, very comfortable bed, lovely seating area, large bathroom and fresh fruit every day. Staff all extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet on the river front also highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monika P

Dear Monika P,

It is our pleasure to learn you had a fabulous stay with us. We are always happy to hear the feedback about our beautiful property and our amazing Peninsula team. Thank you very much for your appreciation on our spacious rooms with great river view, breakfast by the river along with our attentive staffs. We will be looking forward to welcome to the PEN to create another fabulous memory for you.

Best regards,
Donna Lee
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Upon arrival, we were given a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne, along with chocolates and exotic fruit. The ensuite bathroom was state of the art - and even had a tv beside the bath!
There was also a free river boat service which provided transport across the river from early morning until late at night.
All in all, it was a once in a lifetime experience to stay in this hotel-it fully deserves it's reputation as the best hotel in Bangkok

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Peninsula_BKK, Manager at The Peninsula Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Matteo M

Wow! I guess this trip could be your special occasion right! Happy to hear you got such a wonderful welcome amenities :) We wish you had a comfortable and great experiences during a stayed. Thank you so much for sharing us a feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in a near future.
Kaewta Phinyochanasin