7,108 results
All reviews platinum mall the executive lounge grand deluxe room central world pratunam market pratunam area big c walking distance indian food shopping district excellent location breakfast spread pleasant stay night market fantastic hotel tuk tuk floor
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Stayed in this hotel from 22-26 June 2016. Room number is 2526.

Hi Mr Thanisorn, hope you rememeber me, my wife and my kid that likes to say hi and play with you.

Great hotel with super good customer service experience provided by Front desk, Mr Thanisorn. Friendly, caring and take time to understand customers needs. Super nice guy that even my 15 months old child likes to play with him.

He is the greatest asset of Amari watergate Bangkok and also the reason why I would strongly intro this hotel. Cheers and keep up the good work, Mr Thanisorn. See you soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank lawrencesherlyn
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Greeted with smiles the instant we stepped foot off the cab. Especially loved the two attendants outside the hotel who helped us hail our cab to the airport on our final day ( 1 lady and 1 man- too bad didn't get their names ) - they helped to reject taxi drivers who set a fixed price which they deem expensive from their experience - really appreciated that.
If you love shopping, this is the hotel to go- Platinum mall literally across the road (2 mins?)

However, beware of terrible jam. I was stuck in cab 200m from the hotel for 20 minutes watching the traffic light turn red and green for the other lanes except ours.

Can see that the hotel room is a due for some brush up; can't wait for the refurbishment to be done.
Other than that, recommend!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jacqueline T
Reviewed 25 June 2016

We stayed in the Amari in January 2016 and February 2015. We booked the executive floor on both occasions, If you are staying on the executive floor then you have your own check in on the 32nd floor. We arrived early and a room was ready. The room was lovely bed very comfortable. Apart from toothpaste all toiletries were provided. Between 5pm and 7pm they have free food and drink in the executive lounge which was well worth it. The staff on the executive floor are all very helpful especially Gif, Vanida and Wanida. We had lunch round the pool which was excellent.
We will be returning again in February 2017.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chrissy527
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Hotel is kept in good and clean condition also there is some age to this property.

We're warmly welcomed by the front desk and our baggage was brought to our room promptly.

Room is spacious and clean. We paid about SGD77 more per night for additional bed.

Location is just across platinum mall, with a short walk to Central World and 20 minutes from Siam Paragon.

Famous Kuang Heang 广兴 chicken rice near by which is a must try.

Recommended stay as staff are very responsive and welcoming. They have a good hospitality team I would say.

We had breakfast and they offer fresh juices like watermelon and cucumber juice. Very refreshing!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel 6 months ago and had a great experience so I booked it again without even searching for other hotels. Once i arrived, I found out that the hotel is on renovations. They have a temporary lobby and reception desk and everybody and everything is on mess! They left cups of water served for previous guests on the counter, not offering a new ones. It took them 20 minutes to give me my room key, although I made the reservation in advance. But the worst is that I got a room in the 34 floor (which I first thought would be great) and every 30 min - hour there's a really loud noise (I am not sure if it's from the roof or somewhere else) and it is really bad and woke me up all night!! Don't go to this hotel until the renovations are over!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ayala_ta
David C, General Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Dear Ayala_ta,

Thank you for choosing Amari Watergate Bangkok and for reaching out to us on TripAdvisor. We are always keen on hearing about the aspects you liked and the areas you feel we should improve upon.

We are very sorry that you had a less than pleasant experience at our hotel. Please be rest-assured that we take this matter very seriously and have reported the issues about the water glasses at check-in and the noise you heard from your room to the related department for further investigation.

We are indeed currently going through a major face-lift at several public areas of the hotel to give our guests a refreshed experience when they visit our hotel within this year. However, we try our best to ensure that these refurbishments do not disturb the experience of our guests.

Hope that when you next visit Bangkok, you give us another chance to redeem ourselves and prove that your recent experience was not in line with our usual high standards.

Warm Regards,