3,226 results
All reviews infinity pool japanese breakfast japanese touch central embassy japanese toilet phloen chit bts the club lounge bts station international buffet turn down service corner room direct access excellent hotel convenient location shopping mall siam paragon central world
Reviewed 8 November 2018

The hotel is located in the prime area on Bangkok, the Phloen Chit BTS is attached to the side. Room is very classy, big and comfortable. It has a separate toilet for bath too. You can choose to have breakfast in the Japanese or Continental restaurants. The bar is right on the balcony and has a city view. Staff service is excellent. I will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank julicole
EdwardSnoeks, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear julicole,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with like-minded travellers here on TripAdvisor! We are thankful you chose to stay with us during your visit to Bangkok and that you found the room and service to your liking. Please do let us know when your travels bring you back to Bangkok and we would love to have you back with us. We look forward to the pleasure of your return!

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I recently spent 5 nights in Okura and it was a fantastic stay. As the title of my review states, I don't know how I can stay in other hotels anymore after this. Okura spoiled me and ruined me for others.

Some highlights:
- The Bed and Room were so comfortable I did not want to leave.
- I had tons of fun with the origami cranes. I made one for every night of my stay. Practice makes perfect. I wish they had other origami animals to choose from.
- I enjoyed the gym and the pool very much.
- The lobby was beautiful and impressive. Elevators were fast.
- The location was central (literally, figuratively). I felt safe.
- The service was impeccable - warm, smiling, helpful and attentive. Didn't have any problems whatsoever.
- We had breakfast one day and it was extensive with a lot of options. Their egg station is wonderful. I wish there were more fruit choices though considering the variety of fruit available in BKK, the ones at the buffet were the "safe" generic ones such as apples, cantaloupe, pineapple. I recommend trying the buffet but I'm glad that I chose the room only option upon booking. There are so many other food choices in BKK and if I had this buffet daily I wouldn't have the tummy space to have all the yummy thai food.

Room For Improvement:
- The one thing that I wish Okura would do is make a stand against single-use plastics. In all the hotels I've stayed in in BKK, majority of them use glass water bottles for drinking water whereas Okura uses plastic water bottles. I'm passionate about reducing my plastic waste and choose properties that do the same. I was encouraged by their Environmental Commitment and Credentials but was dismayed at their extensive use of plastic water bottles. I brought my own water bottle and went to the downstairs lobby bar to request them to fill it and they looked at me like I was crazy. I explained I don't want to use plastic but she tried to give me a bottle of water anyway. TIP: I found that I can fill my reusable water bottle at the gym instead. Unfortunately they take away the water cooler at 10:00pm (when the pool closes) so be there bfore it closes.

Other hotels I've stayed at in BKK use the glass bottles so I think Okura can definitely do the same. It did not hamper my experience with the hotel which is why I'm still giving them 5 stars but this is something they can do in the future to really take their environmental commitment to another level.

Thanks Okura for having me.

Room tip: 2607 and rooms facing the park.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank iamjulienne
EdwardSnoeks, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear iamjulienne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at The Okura Prestige Bangkok and for your very kind comments on the hotel and services. It is much appreciated and I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments on the plastic water bottles are well noted and I agree that the hotel’s effort should go further than what might be apparent. Although we have a very active environmental drive for our so-called back of the house areas of the hotel, we are keen to push the same agenda for the other areas. We are also currently in the process of appointing a Bangkok-based environmental consulting company who are currently assessing our overall ‘footprint’, so to speak, including food waste, housekeeping impact and more. Looking forward, I am hopeful that we can make some positive impact as you rightly pointed out.

I thank you once again for sharing your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the hopefully near future. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance to you then please feel free to contact me.

With best regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I've been to Bangkok for four times already and I've always chosen Bangkok. Apart from the excellent rooms and accessibility to key areas in the city, I really appreciate the effort done by the staff to make your feel comfortable and welcome. Keep up the good work!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Wander66733607596
EdwardSnoeks, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Wander66733607596,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at The Okura Prestige Bangkok. It is delightful to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and it was so wonderful to welcome you back! We are glad that you especially enjoyed your room, the convenient location of our hotel as well as the team members you encountered throughout your time here. Should your travels bring you back to Bangkok, please do let us know. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Thank you once again for your kind review.

With very best regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Family trip 1 night in BKK night, great location & good service. Bed and room is so comfortable. we can go to many shopping centres nearby by using BTS transportation.
There is afternoon tea time set for chilling as you wish. Finally I am impress to stay here.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Alexis L

Dear Alexis L,

It is a joy reading your feedback and thank you for sharing this great review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Okura Prestige Bangkok and that you could thoroughly take advantage of our very central location. Indeed all major shopping centres are easily accessible with our direct access to the BTS SkyTrain and we are glad that you were able to benefit from this convenience.

Thank you once again for your kind recommendations. We look forward to the pleasure of your return to the hotel again soon and please do let us know how we can be of any assistance for future bookings or arrangements.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I have been to Bangkok about 5 times and stayed in different 5 star hotels. This time the choice was The Okura Prestige, I booked a Prestige suite and a pickup at the airport by there limusine service.

My flight from Koh Samui got changed into a 1,30 hour earlier flight and so had to make a call to the hotel to let them know that we would be landing in 1,30 from now, and not in 3 houers that was booked. I made the call to the front desk. This was my first impression of the truly good attention of service. I presented my self and explained, the man told me he had to transfer my call to the right person. (At this time I'm boarding the plane) The next person that pick up the phone, says my name ? and just confirmed the changes.
(I told my name once and in a stressful way told about the change in flight time, this was allredy noted and fixed in less then 20sec)

And as expected the representative from the hotel was at the airport and the car was ready. A nice ride into Bangkok in there Mercedes S class.

At arrival the two bellboys opened car dors and took care of the bags, as a representativ welcome us and guided us up in The Club at 33 floor,for the check in.

The Club lounge is the place for check inn and out, for club rooms and higher. This is also the place where they served cocktails, Tea Time, breakfast and other complimentary food and drink for the guests in club room or higher. We used The Club reseption for restaurant booking in Bangkok, and enjoyed some cocktails and wine. This lounge is really worth booking a Club room or higher.

The room was huge, and lovely. In a japan simple way with no "bling bling". Which we really liked. I think it's the biggest bathtub I have seen. And a breathtaking view of Bangkok skyline.

The pool was nice, and happy hours was a was a wery good deal.

My plan was to book a table at the Element restaurant that got there first Michelin star. But I did not had the time but next time.

Bottom line: A truly 5 star hotel, location is perfect if you want to have a lot of options for fine dining, roof top bars and shopping jus outside your door. This is the place to stay.. And sometimes the best service is the service you just don't see, mening that the hotel works like a dream. Wery vell done to GM Edward E. Snoeks and his team at the Okura Pestige.

(Just to clarify my choice, the last time in Bangkok I stayed at The Siam, and before booking The okura Prestige, I looked into Waldorf Astoria, The St Regis, The Park Hyatt. But convinced that I took the right choice, I also wisited many of this hotels just to compare)

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 214sveins
EdwardSnoeks, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Svein S,

Thank you very much for fabulous review of your recent stay at The Okura Prestige Bangkok. It is indeed a pleasure to read your stay with us was such an enjoyable one and that you especially enjoyed our luxurious Prestige Suite, the Okura Club Lounge as well as our hospitality. Your kind and generous words have since been shared with the team here, much to their delight and appreciation. We hope that the next time you are in Bangkok you are able to enjoy our signature French cuisine prepared with Japanese influences at Michelin-starred Elements Restaurant.

Thank you once again for your very kind feedback and recommendation, and please do let us know how we can assist with any future bookings here. We much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.

With very best regards,