Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Worldwide Travel
Bangkok, Thailand

For People Who Want Extra Space and Kitchen

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2022
I stayed at Conrad Bangkok a few times in the past (the hotel side) but never on the residence side. The quick takeaway for Conrad Residences, especially if we compare with Conrad hotel, is that it’s cheaper and more spacious. Also it comes with more elite benefits than other chains such as Marriott Executive Apartments, but the downside is an aging product and the lack of lounge access.

I booked the entry level room which is a studio at the Residences, and was upgraded +1 to a suite as Hilton Diamond. This kind of upgrade is nothing to write home about, however a suite upgrade on the hotel side is now quite difficult due to a more stingy upgrade policy and +1 is also more generous than at the various Marriott Executive Apartments in Bangkok which are unlikely to upgrade at all because I believe they are excluded from the upgrade policy.

So while the upgrade was not huge, it resulted in a suite nonetheless. I previously read some pretty poor reviews of rooms in dire need of renovations, so my expectations were low and they were exceeded. Obviously the room had seen better days but everything was functional and in particular the air conditioning was very strong. For solo travelers I would say a smaller (renovated) room at Conrad hotel is probably preferable but for guests looking for more space, the residence side can be an option.

My main negative surprise actually had nothing to do with the age of the hardware. There was a full kitchen but I also expected a washer and dryer but it’s simply not part of the offering at the residences (need to use shared laundry facilities). It’s a major negative in my opinion compared to full-service hotels which have some long-stay accommodation room types such as Marriott Surawongse, Kimpton, Akyra Thonglor (SLH), and Sindhorn Kempinski, all of which have a washing machine in the room.

If booking a room at Conrad Residences, the lack of lounge access is one drawback relative to the hotel side because it’s not part of the benefits. However breakfast is included in the same restaurant as the hotel side, which is not a benefit offered at Marriott Exec Apartments so overall Conrad offers more. I did not partake in the breakfast but I took a look at the buffet and it seemed similar to what it used to be the last time I stayed at the hotel.

Overall I had mixed feelings about Conrad Residences. For such accommodation I suspect some people will prefer a washing machine in the room but there was none so it’s a miss. However if the purpose is mostly to have extra space and a full kitchen, it can be a reasonable option which offers more elite benefits as Hilton Diamond than Marriott choices.
Date of stay: September 2022
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 19 Sept 2022
Dear Worldwide Travel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Conrad Bangkok Residences, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

1.5 km from Conrad Bangkok Residences
    $163
4.2 km from Conrad Bangkok Residences
View more hotels in Bangkok
All reviews long stay full kitchen washing machine suite hardware
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2022 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel 10 years ago and had absolutely loved it, so much so that I extended my stay three times before eventually checking out. I have also been telling everyone for the past 10 years how great the hotel was. I had a lovely, spacious suite back then and was excited to experience this again.

Unfortunately, this time around, I got a tiny suite with barely any room to move. The bath was so small I could hardly stand in it, let alone actually get in. The bed also took up nearly the entire bedroom so felt extremely cramped. As a Diamond Hilton Honours member, I was surprised by this so asked if I could have a larger room, like I had before. I saw two more rooms that were essentially the same size as the first one. I showed staff pictures of the larger room (one of which is even on the hotel website) but I was told those rooms didn't exist. All of the rooms I did see were tired, faded and sad looking. It's clear this hotel is in desperate need of renovation.

During this time I was also informed that my Diamond benefits (lounge access, etc) didn't count in the residence, only the hotel. So, at this point, it seemed the only logical thing to do was move over to the hotel. I thought that would be relatively easy but, no! I was told that I had to completely cancel my reservation in the residence and make a new reservation in the hotel. Not only that, but I was told I would have to book at todays rate, not the cheaper rate I had due to booking this stay several weeks in advance.

This was frustrating and annoying but in the end I did do as they asked. I also managed, after much negotiation, to get the rate reduced, but not to the rate I had previously. I did receive an upgrade of sorts to a slightly larger room than the one I booked but I was not offered a suite, which woukd have seemed a fair alternative to an apartment in the Residences. I really don't understand why this had to be so complicated and time consuming. All in, it took me over two and a half hours to get checked in.

The hotel side, in fairness, is extremely nice and I will review the hotel separately from the Residences. I think they should segregate the Residence side and not use the Conrad brand as it is extremely misleading. The hotel is nice but the residence is just awful. Don't ever stay in the residence. It's just not worth it!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank joematey
Conrad Bangkok, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Dear Joe W,

Thank you very much for choosing Conrad Bangkok and for taking the time to review your recent stay.

We are sorry to hear about your arrival experience but pleased to know your found the hotel comfortable following your move from the Residence.

We hope to welcome back you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Tim Sainsbury

Reviewed 5 December 2021 via mobile

Good if you need one bedroom with kitchen space at the cost of a single room. I received a single upgrade to a larger one bedroom suite, as well as a double upgrade to the largest one bedroom suite. Surprisingly, the one level upgrade was a nicer room. The largest definitely showed its age and had an unpleasant smell, which is why I moved rooms. None of these suites have been renovated in over 20 years, so it's hit or miss on the room you receive. As a diamond member, i also did not have Conrad lounge access, so comp breakfast on the 2nd floor with everyone else was as much as they would provide. I wanted to try the Residences, but next time, I think I'll stick to the regular Conrad with my upgraded renovated room and Diamond lounge privileges, it's a much better stay.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank aevant
Conrad Bangkok, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

Dear aevant,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand as a Hilton Honors Diamond member. We appreciate your review, and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kitiya Preechawetchakul
Front Office Manager
Conrad Bangkok

Reviewed 25 November 2021 via mobile

Comfortable night, After​ spend longday working​ my​friend​ and​ I​ came​ to​ check in​ at​ Conrad​ residence​ Bangkok​ in​ evening time​ K.​ Haneem at​ reception desk greeting me​ with​ warm welcome​ and​ recognize me​ with​ big​ smile​ she​ was super​ friend​ly​ girl.​ My​ room​ has​ very​ comfortable​ bed which​ make​ me sweet​ dream.
More​over​ I​ got​ lovely​ souvenir​ that​ was​ small​ cute elephant. Thank​ you​ Conrad​ residence​ for​ all​ the​ best.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Conrad Bangkok, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2021

Dear NatphasithS,

Thank you for staying with us at the Conrad Bangkok Residences. We are grateful for your review, and we appreciate your kind words regarding the service of specific members of our staff. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Kitiya Preechawetchakul
Front Office Manager
Conrad Bangkok

Reviewed 9 June 2020 via mobile

Very nice one bedroom suite. Comfortable stay. Friendly staff.

But, with the Covid-19 situation I had to spend a lot of time in the room. The room has two HD TVs but the hotel doesn't provide any HD channels to watch. So the picture is fuzzy. No HD in other words. Plus only a very limited amount of SD channels are provided to watch. Hotel states it provides HBO. But that is a lie. The hotel room description states the rooms have Blue-ray players and Playstation 3. This is also a lie. I asked the hotel and Hilton to remove the false room descriptions. Seems my request was ignored because several weeks later the room description remains the same.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Rich1110
Conrad_Bangkok, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2020

Dear Rich1110,

Thank you for visiting us at the Conrad Bangkok Residences. We are grateful for your review, and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations and the friendly service of our staff. We will take your feedback into account regarding the description of amenities provides in our guest rooms, and we will work to correct this for the future.

Bobby Shankar
Hotel Manager
Conrad Bangkok Residences

Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

When we came in we were a little confused as the Conrad and Conrad residences have a separate lobby. Room was just fine but the wifi was kind of a mess the front desk staff came up and fixed it personally which was very impressive. Also the nail files they leave in the toiletries are fantastic.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank RachelAMullins
Conrad_Bangkok, Manager at Conrad Bangkok Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Dear RachelAMullins,

Thank you for staying with us at the Conrad Bangkok Residences. We appreciate your positive review, and we are pleased to read that our staff was able to make the difference in helping to ensure you had a comfortable visit.

We hope that you will continue to choose the Conrad brand in your travels throughout the world.

Bobby Shankar