“Menganesha Forest”

Simien Image Tour and Travel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Simien Image Tour and Travel is an Ethiopian tour operator based in Addis Ababa, Mekelle, Bahir Dar, Gondar and Arba Minch. We offer tours and trips to all corners of Ethiopia. From trekking in the Ethiopian highlands to exploring the Ethiopian tribes of the south, we have a tour that will suit you. So if you are looking to do some tourism in Ethiopia, make Simien Image Tour and Travel your #1
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spend a day walking in Menganesha Forest. Beautiful place with big trees and nice clean air. We saw monkeys and Menelik's bushbuck and different birds during the walk. Nice!

1  Thank Helena J
"company"
"parts"
"country"

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Gondar and after talking to a few companies, we went with Simien Image for a 7 day Trek. We talked with Peter; he was incredibly helpful and answered any questions about the trip as well as general Ethiopia travel. The trek was amazing and although a few logistical issues came up while out trekking, Peter was generous and sympathetic and was able to help make it right. We ended up having him help us book a Danakil Depression tour as well. Definitely get in touch with Peter for your Ethiopia travel needs!

Here is his contact info:
Peteradal@yahoo.com
+251 91 872 1923

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I spent six days with Robel from Simien Image driving through the beautiful Omo Valley in southern Ethiopia, and it was amazing. After first discussing what I was interested in seeing and experiencing Robel tailormade the trip for me. We drove down from Addis in a nice, comfortable 4x4 and I visited markets and villages. I met people from most of the tribes in the area; Dorze, Hamer, Daasanech, Karo, Mursi, Tsemay, Ari and Konso. I was also lucky enough to attend a Hamer bull jumping ceremony which was very interesting. Robel is a great guy to travel with. We had a good laugh together, and although it's possible to travel to and around the valley on your own via buses, I'd recommend going with a driver like Robel who has good local knowledge and contacts, and can answer your every question.

2  Thank malinfish
Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was to be my first "guided tour" ever, as my wife was insistent on this for safety.
This seems absolutely ludicrous now, but prior to the trip this was a concern.

After much deliberation and many emails with many different tour companies I decided to use Simien Image simply because the were better at the trifecta of response, price, and personalisation.

Upon meeting Alex (who runs it) it becomes obvious why; he has a genuine care for people to enjoy themselves in his country.

Prior to booking my situation was ever-changing, but only Alex and his team were able to keep up and offer suitable itineraries and alternatives; the other tour groups simply dropped off as I didn't fit their mold of a package tourist. As the trip went on it became obvious that in some instances a pastoral duty of care such as alex's are a necessity in this country. Things change last minute that are outside the control of the tour operator. Flights cancelled, onsite guides demanding more money, hotels not including breakfast etc. All of these issues were simply absorbed by Simien Image; in the event of an issue it was always handled on the positive side of the customer. I firmly believe other tour operators would simply ask for more money or put the inconvenience onto the client. Alex and Simien Image are looking out for you; the price you agree is the price you pay.

At first I did the classic Northern Circuit; the itinerary followed my needs and budget; I didnt have to conform to my pressure to do anything I didn't want or spend above what I said I had. Therefore there was some flights involved if it meant the cost provided value over comfort and time. Buses would be an option if it was deemed an acceptable journey and kept the price down. Sometimes it was a private guide, and sometimes where necessary it was part of a group (for cost and convenience). All of this was transparent and clear from the start.

Upon returning to Addis it transpired there was some sort of hotel mix-up due to my misunderstanding. Again, Simien /image simply put me up at their guest house (free of charge). No questions asked; simply goodwill toward the client.

Alex took me on an excellent tour of Addis and was ableto fulfill even my most fleeting requests (Restaurant preferences and even to provide a vagie request for "Live Ethiopian Jazz") were fulfilled.

My first guided tour and Alexander Kamal and the Simien Image team (based in Gondar and Addis Ababa but people all over the country) did themselves, as well as Ethiopia, proud.

Well done, and I advise you t st least shoot them an email; just give an overview of your itnerary and budget and see what happens- you will find the response fantastic!

AlexSimien, Guest Relations Manager at Simien Image Tour and Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Ryan,
Thank you for choosing SIMIEN IMAGE TOUR AND TRAVEL for your recent vacation in Ethiopia. I have read your comments about your experience and i am greatly appreciate that you took the time to write it! This is which helps me to take other visitors to the best experience of Ethiopia destination.

I strongly believed that your recommendations will contribute a great deal towards this result. I am looking forward to a great learning experience the time we spend together throughout Ethiopia.
Best regards
Alexander

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We did a 3-days-trip to the Simien Mountains via Simien Image and everything was perfectly organised. Beforehand, we weren’t sure whether to do the trip individually or organised, but Bewketu (bewketu200b@yahoo.com) and Teddy of the Simien Image Office in Gondar were really friendly and helpful and patiently answered all our questions. In the end, we were glad we did it with Simien Image as we were able to concentrate on the beautiful landscape while knowing that the rest was taken care of. Their staff (driver, cook and assistant cook – the guide, scout and mule men are from the park administration) was great and provided as much comfort as possible in the mountains. The food was excellent (we were really impressed how they managed to prepare like 5 different dishes at the same time on a little stove!) and they took care of the little details like warm water to wash your hands with after a trip to a sunset point or freshly made popcorn + tea/coffee when we arrived at the camp side. Highly recommended – thanks for this amazing experience!!

Tessa & Lukas