“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC(O)”

Limoni Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 1,616 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We were on our "honeymoon" after only meeting 3 weeks ago, we went to Marrakech for 4 nights .We met an Engländer on first night and he told us he had been 3 nights running to "Limoni". We went first night,then next,then next night again!We loved it.The place is soooo beautiful.The waiters and staff are all so friendly .homely,I felt like i was in Paradies or even Heaven! The food choice is really big and differenced.The prices are reasonable,wine was top class and not expensive.The food qualityA1++++++. The lamm leg i had was maybe the best i have had in my life(better than the other 1,000 i have been to)My womans`steak was cooked to perfection10.1 out of 10. But what impressed me more about this restaurant is there is more to it than just the great food.It was about the ambience,the atmosphere,the wonderful waiters and waitress(Fatima) .Anyone who goes her and doesn,t enjoy it should go and live on another planet!ONLY THING STOPPED US GOING 4TH NIGHT WAS WE WERE FLYING EARLY NEXT MORNING. THE WAITERS AND WAITRESS WERE JUST WANTING US TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS "TIP-TOP" FOR US.THE WAITRESS "FATIMA" IS THE "CREME DE LA CREME"THE NICEST FINEST,HAPPIEST,FRIENDLIEST SYMPATHETIC.LOVELY,WAITRESS I HAVE EVER HAD PLEASURE IN MY LIFE TO BE SERVED BY!!!!! I ONLY BEEN BACK 2 DAYS BUT WE WILL BE GOING AGAIN NEXT YEAR TO STAY IN "RIAD LAPIS-LAZURI" AND MORE IMPORTANT "LIMONI" 110%.THE BEST OF THE BEST.I NEW MEANING FOR "ILL"-"I LOVE LIMONI" NEILLY SCOT/SWISS

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 13 December 2015

Italian and Moroccan food was beautiful. Excellent service and friendly staff. Visited 3 times during the same stay. Was definitely the best food we had whilst we were in Morocco. Walk away from Riad Assada.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

We spent 4 days in the Medina, tasting every kind of street food (the experience is fantastic). The last day, walking around, we discovered this restaurant and decided to try it for dinner. Entering the door is like to enter through a stargate: the courtyard is perfect, elegant under the fresh shadow of lemon trees. We enjoyed zaalouk (aubergine baked and smashed with spices - delicious !) couscous and beef tajine with tomato and onions confit. And last but not least : with an icy glass of Heineken ! Excellent relaxing experience in the crowd of the medina !

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

Perhaps the most beautiful of the restaurant riads, the Italian owner of this place has created the perfect mix of Morocco and Italy in this restaurant. Surrounded by orange trees, hanging lanterns, Italian tiles and stained glass, this place will one day become a museum!

We had a slightly rocky start when I ordered a gin martini and ended up with a shot of gin in a large water glass (waiters don't speak much English), but they quickly turned it around.

The antipasto was a complimentary variety of grilled veggies which were good. I had the 4 cheese tortellini and he had gnocchi bolognese. The pasta was clearly handmade in both dishes and there was not a spare crumb on either of our plates.

We had a limoncello with our desserts (me the pistachio and chocolate gelato and he the chocolate fondant - both excellent). We had a few more rounds of complimentary limoncello to round out a great thanksgiving dinner for two Americans abroad!

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank tigersz
Reviewed 25 November 2015

I did not have a reservation and that was not a problem. I had a choice of eating in the courtyard or inside by a roaring fire. (I keep forgetting 20 degrees is cold). Great attention by the waiting staff as bread and a canapé arrived quickly with the menu. I choose a cougette veloutte and a very tasty chicken tagine. The mascapone tart was very good and all in all good value for money with a decent Morrocan red to accompany dinner. More expensive than the local restaurants but cheap by UK prices.

Date of visit: November 2015