Riad Hamdane & SPA
US$105
Riad Chamali(Marrakech)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Riad 58 Blu(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$1,184
US$1,128
US$509
Cancelon
All reviewstraditional decorationperegrine tourhotel is centrally locatedjama el fna squarealtas mountainsmin walking distancestaying nightsstayed for one weekexcellent hospitalityhousekeeping staffmoroccan teaclean roomsus feel at homelovely riadstaff went out of their waybusy marrakechmoroccan hospitality
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Going solo to Marrakech was no easy task but due to the advice and reviews across TripAdvisor and Booking.Com it seemed possible.
I booked a two day stay at riad hamdane a few days before my trip. Their package included airport transfer for free which I was delighted about. When I finally arrived at Marrakech airport within 10 minutes I was greeted by my driver and we rode out. The trip was relatively short and uneventful with the driver being pleasant throughout. When I got close to my riad , by an area where cars couldn't enter , I was guided by a guide on foot to the riad.
There were many twists, turns, and alleyways leading to my riad which had me a bit nervous about confidently navigating solo but I didn't give it much mind in the moment. Upon arriving to the riad I was greeted by two hosts and given tea with cookies. Both delicious! I was given a brief tour of the common area and then led to my room.
HUGE! The room was very spacious with two couches and a queen sized bed. There was an ac unit that also provided heat. The TV has a few Moroccan channels. (There's a possibility they had more but I just wasnt sure how to navigate) Full shower and toilet we're included. The shower was some type of shower from the future with tons of settings and heads and dials. Very nice. The only issue with the bathroom is that there is little separation between shower and the rest so put a towel down on the entrance of the shower.
The manager Widet was great. She arranged a city tour for me within thirty minutes of me requesting. Although the Riad is locked you can come in at any time of the night and there will be someone at the front desk.
I had an excursion planned early the next morning and one of the concierges politely walked me halfway there and gave great instructions as to how to get to the final destination. THE SERVICE HERE IS EXCELLENT!

The location is TRULY UNBEATABLE. It's less than a five minute walk to the bustling main square but it's location is tranquil and quiet. AMAZING!
And to touch on walking in the alleyways to Hamdane, although daunting initially it was easy after I had done it twice. The alleys are not traditional shady alleys as you may experience in the US. They're safe and full of people and tourists just like you trying to find their riad. Worst case scenario you can ask a local for assistance. I never had to but it's possible.

They offer a full free breakfast but I was never able to experience it because I was always out early. You can request they make you something earlier than their normal time if you want too. I regret not doing that. They also offer dinner but I never had it. You have to pay for that

If I had to do it again I'd definitely come back to Riad Hamdane!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A BIG thank you to Ali, Maha, Karim, Faysal, Nadia and Souad for their great customer service and all the other staff that made our stay what it was!

First and foremost great customer service and great central location!

We arrived late in the evening and we were greeted with warm smiles, Morrocan mint tea, and biscuits. On our first day, we reported that the shower was cold they apologised and by the evening we had hot water. Breakfast was varied every morning and was accompanied with fresh orange juice, coffee or tea. The riad was homely, clean and had Morrocan charm.

Try out the spa if you get a chance - Nadia and Souad are really great.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondongirlReview
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

family long weekend break, despite worse than anticipated weather our stay went well. Maha is the most charming/helpful/polite hotel manager I have experienced anywhere in the world she couldn't do enough for us. breakfast was great each morning, the rooms although a little dark were comfortable nice large firm beds. really good value stay in a Riad 5 minutes walk from the central square (for those that aren't familiar you have to walk everywhere in the Medina)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nothing fancy. About 300 yards from where you need to start walking. About 200 yards from the square. There are maybe 2 sets of steps to get there through the alleys, each about 2 or 3 steps in size. Breakfast is basic and is served on the roof top but no real view. Bathroom is a wet room and small but not the smallest.

Room Tip: All rooms open on an interior courtyard. No windows to the outside of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My family of 4 stayed 3 days at Riad Hamdane & Spa and we were very comfortable. Breakfast varied everyday and it was so nice eating on the rooftop terrace or salon. Clean, nice, and very close to the markets. The beds were comfortably firm and we all slept well. A special thanks to Ali who was great and knows all about customer service. My wife enjoyed her experience in the spa as well. Would recommend this Riad and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Second and Third floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family