“Lovely home!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Indoor garden
Indoor garden
Maria our helpful housekeeper
Bedroom #1.  Has private bathroom.
Bathroom #1
Bedroom #2
Bathroom #2
Bedroom #3
Bedroom #4 (Upstairs)
Bedroom #4 (Upstairs)
Spacious kitchen with breakfast area
Quetzaltenango at night
Pasaje Enriquez
Downtown Quetzaltenango
Santiaguito and Santa Maria Volcanoes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

julio327
Brooklyn, New York
“Lovely home!”
Reviewed 14 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The house my husband and I stayed in was amazing! Very roomy, beautiful interior, very convenient location. The housekeeper, Maria was a great person, friendly, extremely helpful with all of our questions or requests. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone! We are definitely returning here ourselves in the future!

26 Nov 2017
Zonia,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly enjoyed hosting you and your husband and hope you come back to our house soon.
Brian J
“Clean, accommodating, convenient, perfect!”
Reviewed 22 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Our family stayed here during our visit and we enjoyed it immensely. We could not have been more welcomed after our drive from the city and Maria was the icing on the cake with her smile, recommendations and genuine concern for our well-being. We trekked Santa Maria one day and on our return with mud caked and soaked shoes, Maria offered to personally hand wash them so they wouldn't get ruined! I cannot recommend this home and city enough and will absolutely be back!

26 Jun 2017
Brian, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We truly enjoyed hosting your and your lovely family!!

We hope to host you again in the near furture.
Alex G
“Wonderful quiet getaway”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I stayed for three nights in this gem and couldn't have had a better experience! The place is tastefully decorated and very clean with a well-stocked kitchen, comfortable bedrooms and a nice bathroom. Maria, who tends this rental property, was extremely friendly and made me feel at home. She offered useful advice about things to do around the city, transportation and places to visit. There is a lovely rooftop space where I enjoyed sitting in the evenings with a beer and looking at the silhouette of the closest volcano. The location is also good - there is a whole street of quality restaurants just half a block to the north, and a few blocks west there is a market and plaza where you can buy anything you might imagine! I enjoyed the walk south to the center of town, which did not take too long.This was easily the best place I stayed while in Guatemala - I think you'll feel the same!

27 Mar 2017
Alex,
Thank you for your review. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and hope you come back soon.
CiscoKid5...
San Francisco, California
“Drawn to light again!”
Reviewed 7 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My second review of this treasure in Quetzaltenago is going to be short. I was on another trip through Mexico and Guatemala in 2016 and found myself drawn back to Xela. I only wish I had more time to spend here. I feel so safe and cared for; Maria, the caretaker, is special to me, almost like an Auntie. I'm sure to be back again.
See my previous review from March/April 2016 for more details about the home. It is as advertised and better.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Dec 2016
Robert, It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest! Thank you for your kind review. Best wishes!
Jet669562
“Don't stay at a hotel!”
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

This house is exactly as described! It is indeed beautiful and relaxing.

You will truly feel like you are at home away from home. Ms. Maria will make sure that you're stay is comfortable, as she is VERY attentive and kind-hearted.
We drove here and parked the car until we were ready to leave. Ms. Maria provided us with a name of a trusted cab driver that took us to Fuentes de Georginas (trust me: you want someone else to drive you there!) and to the Independence Day Fair they were having at Quetzaltenango. He and his co-worker were WONDERFUL!! I felt completely safe (and believe me: I am a huge back-seat driver-- now worries here!)
Back to Ms. Maria: she was so kind in checking in with us to make sure we did not need anything. I appreciated her information and the warm welcome at the door. It felt like a long-time friend you had not seen in a while.
The house has a formal living room; formal dining; huge (fully-equipped) kitchen and dinette table; your choice of great, comfortable and quiet bedrooms with warm blankets for those cool evenings; sunroof for a beautiful indoor garden; beautiful fresh-cut flowers await you as a welcome; beautiful terrace. Most importantly: it is SPACIOUS!
There were only three of us- and enjoyed the modern open-floor space in the house.
I cannot say enough about this house, Ms. Maria and Ms. Ana. Ms. Ana is VERY PROMPT with her responses and Ms. Maria is so cordial- I just wanted to hug her all the time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ms. Ana and Ms. Maria
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
8 Dec 2016
Thank you so much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to have guests like you! Best wishes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing