“Good and Inexpensive ”
Review of Pollo Campero

Pollo Campero
Ranked #110 of 632 Restaurants in Guatemala City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

By using a Guatemalan recipe they make the fried chicken different than
Most. It is very tasty. Great, fantastic, fast service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sometimes a family just needs to lounge in their hotel rooms, eating takeout fried chicken and fries out of a box. Whether you dine on your beds, as we did ($16 fed four of us) or at one of many dine-in locations, beloved chicken establishment Pollo Campero is a solid bet for cheap eats.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I went to have a quick lunch with my family after a busy morning so the restaurant was really close by...
Service: I think the staff on the restaurant is not trained to be polite or have a good customer service, the waitress was rushing and seems she dislike her job and was not even full.

Food: the quality of the chicken was poor, tasteless,we order a salad too and the vegetables weren’t fresh seems frozen veggies and the fries were saggy.

Overall experience very disappointed!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

The entrance was good, the service too. The food looks so normal, not delicious. And looks so little the chicken parts. We taste a grilled chicken. The flavor was good.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast with a group while traveling in Guatemala City.

I didn't even know they had breakfast.
I was glad to see they offered oatmeal & a decent assortment of egg dishes & sandwiches.

A few of us were curious about that fired chicken though... I mean what's the big deal?...& why are people flying back to the states with big boxes & bags of it on the plane?

Well, we decided to add an order of 4 pieces, just to give it a try. Here's what we discovered.

First, it was scalding HOT & super crisp on the outside which told us it was FRESH. When it cooled down so we could take a bite we were thrilled to find it was also juicy, tender & tasty!

For a "fast food" place... 5 stars! May be my favorite fast food chicken now & I just might bring home my own box of chicken on my next trip! I get it now.

Muy bien!