1,203 results
All reviews stone grill villa wing sleep number bed club tower main building place to stay fort george coffee shop le petit cafe water taxi airport shuttle caribbean sea stayed one night san pedro last night mayan ruins caye caulker
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This hotel is well located with a view on the ocean and not far from the commercial part of the city. It is clean and rooms are in good condition. Service is very good. Restaurants offer goid choice of meals at a decent price.

Stayed: July 2018
RadissonBZ, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback Francois and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My husband and I stayed at The Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina in a Maya-Villa Room (#456) on 8/1 while in transit from our vacation destinations. It served its purpose. We arrived in the morning and didn’t expect to check-in until 3, but our room was ready by noon- very nice! The bed was comfortable and the room was attractive/functional with great AC. The room had a safe, TV, nice bathroom w/great shower and lovely bath products, and complementary bottle of water and coffee maker/supplies. The staff was also very helpful in every aspect, especially Myron at the front desk.
Notes:
-We had a fantastic couples massage at Spa Anew!!
-The food at the tavern, restaurant, and coffee shop were terrific and reasonably priced.
-The location is excellent w/much to see within a few blocks including the Belize sign and tourist shopping outside the cruise ship zone (reasonable prices and great people). Plenty to keep us busy for one day. We didn’t go far from the hotel after dark, though.
-I hope you get to meet Prince Charles Perez in the market (Google him… lol)!
-There are nice gardens to walk on the hotel property.
-I booked a Maya-Villa Room specifically so we could enjoy a private balcony on our last evening in Belize. My room reservation states “private balcony” and the hotel’s official pictures show a private balcony for this room type. But, the balconies are actually shared with the adjacent room (the rooms also have a connecting door between them)- except for the room at the very end of each hall which did have a private balcony- apparently it is the one shown in the official pics. That was disappointing. And, the hotel turns all balcony lights on at a set time. There’s no way for the guests to turn it off, which meant still no privacy but lots of bugs attracted to the area right by the door to the room. We enjoyed the view, though.
-A nonsmoking room apparently also means a nonsmoking balcony.
-There’s no drying rack on the balcony or in the shower.
-The wifi cut out occasionally but otherwise worked well, including in the room.
-There was a long line to check out at 8:50am and you’ll want to plan ahead for that, esp if you are taking the shuttle to the airport.
-My room reservation/rate included free buffet breakfast and shuttle to BZE airport. Both charges were on my bill and had to be removed (easy fix). I was also received a coupon for 10% off food at the Radisson and a coupon for tour discounts. I somehow did not get the $15 massage credit that also should have been included – and I also forget to ask.
- Making the reservation was a simple online process. I had to change my reservation several months in advance and that was also a simple online process.

-If my review was helpful to you, please click the “thumbs-up” below. Thanks!

Room Tip: Most of Maya-Villa Room balconies aren't private, only the rooms at the end of each hall
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
RadissonBZ, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

WOW! Now that's a review!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough breakdown of your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us, and we'll most definitely use your feedback to help fine tune our daily operations. Thanks again and we very much look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

I've rarely met someone like Lyandra who loves what she does and who provides outstanding customer service to all the guests. She was helpful and attentive, she set me up with a tour to Altun Ha and it was perfect! She's reliable, extremely professional and caring. Ask her anything and if she doesn't know the answer she'll find out for you. Also, the restaurant staff were great, and the food was delicious. The staff made sure my dietary restrictions were taken into account and I didn't have any issues whatsoever.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Nat_B_7

Thank so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience Nat!

We've shared your compliments with Lyandra, and she was honored that you mentioned her by name and had such great things to say about her. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!

Thank you for making the Radisson Fort George Hotel & Marina your choice in Belize City, and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
RadissonBZE, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is old and rundown. Our room wasn’t ready when we checked in at 3pm, we had to wait 45mins but we were given complimentary rum punch. Room is ok but not very well kept. Floors are dirty, our shower fixture was broken, air condition was moldy, large window with ocean view was dirty, towels were dingy and worn.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sher_TT,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are truly sorry you were not satisfied with your accommodations. We have addressed the issues mentioned with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.