“Belize Cave Tubing and Zip Line”
Review of Action Boys Belize

Action Boys Belize
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Belize cave tubing and zip line is designed to last approximately 5.5 hour. It includes a 50 minutes drive from Belize City Cruise Port to the zip line canopy site in the heart of Belize’s rain forest. As we drive to the site where the zip line canopy tour canopy tour is done we will be narrating the history of Belize. Upon our arrival at the zip line canopy site we will have a short restroom break. After the break you will be assisted with your gears for the zip line canopy tour. You will be zipping though the canopy of Belize’s rain forest for approximate an hour. After the zip line canopy tour, you will issued with a headlamp, life vest, and an inner tube for the cave tubing part of the tour. As we hike through the jungle to start our cave tubing tour, we will be doing presentations on Medicinal Plants, Belize Cave Systems, and Use of The Cave to The Mayan People. The tubing part of the tour last approximately an hour and a half. We will be passing the Belize Zoo whilst doing this tour. You can add the zoo to the day's activities if time permits. All you need to do is pay your entrance fees ( $15.00 ) to the zoo and we will do the tour of the zoo with you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Took this excursion(were on Carnival Valor) on July 14,2015 with a group of 9 family members. Leaving the port you are besieged by vendors who imply you are with them. Have to ignore and follow Donald's direction to meet him at the Lighthouse. He was there waiting for us with a Ford Explorer that was very comfortable for the approximate hour ride to and from the attractions. Donald was very information and helpful throughout the trip. We did the cave tubing first, getting there before most of the ship's excursions. Albert was our guide for the tubing and was again very informative, helpful and funny. My daughter is claustrophobic and wanted to get out when we first entered the cave but managed to work thru it. The cave tour lasted about 45 minutes and was well worth it. From there we had about a 5 minute ride to the zip line where 2 new guides outfitted us with the gear. I do not remember their names but both were very good and made sure we knew how to "zip" safely.
For 7 of the 9, this was our first zip line experience. No problems experienced. While zipping, Donald got us lunch, very tasty chicken, rice and slaw with a soft drink which we had when done with the zip lines. Back to the boat with plenty of time to spare. I highly recommend Action Boys Belize

1  Thank Judy L

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We booked the Altan Ha tour with Action Boys based on reviews we had read here on trip advisor. I was a little nervous about finding the vehicle but we followed the directions we were given and found it easily.

Since there were 7 in our party (all adult sized), they told us that we wouldn't be sharing the tour with any other groups. The only problem was that although there were 7 of us (and they knew this before hand), the vehicle they showed up with only had seating for 6. We managed to squeeze two people into the front passenger seat but it wasn't the most comfortable. I would have given them a rating of 5 if it weren't for this one problem.

The tour went well and it was nice to have the ability to stop, as needed or desired, since we didn't have to share the tour with others. The ruins were interesting and the guide was knowledgeable. The price was considerably better than if we had purchased the tour from the cruise line.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I booked with Action Boys Belize for a group of 5 for Altun Ha ruins, cave tubing, and zip-line. We visited in Belize on a Carnival Cruise in mid-June.

Positives:
-We had a very good experience with Action Boys Belize. I wanted to book an excursion that included zip-lining, mayan ruins, and cave tubing, and Action Boys was one of the only excursions who provided all three activities in one day.
-I spoke with Donald over the phone before our trip, and he was fine with us paying cash when we arrived, rather than giving a deposit. I was happy about that. Also, he was very good about communicating via email about where to meet him and what to bring.
-When the cruise ship arrived in Belize, Carnival informed us that due to flooding, all of Carnival's cave tubing excursions were cancelled- even if there was another activity on the excursion. Lucky, since we booked through Action Boys, we were still able to zip-line and see the ruins.
-Donald was our tour guide, and was great about giving lots of information about the country of Belize, the towns we drove through, and lots of information about the Altun Ha ruins and vegetation (I believe he said his grandmother practiced herbal medicine, so he had extensive knowledge of the medicinal qualities of a lot of the plants- very interesting!).
-The van was in much better shape than some of the negative reviews imply. AC blew cold and it was a hot day.

Negative:
-The roads in Belize are rough, and Donald had to drive pretty fast to get all of our activities in on time (partly our fault, because we got off the boat about an hour and a half after we arrived at port). If you get carsick- maybe take motion sickness medicine? I thought the van ride was fun, but my father-in-law didn't agree!

All in all- we had a great day! So disappointed that we didn't get to do the cave-tubing, Donald said it is one of the highlights of Belize. I would book with Action Boys again.

Bring: Camera, Comfortable clothes and shoes, Maybe a fan for the van ride, Cash, bottled water, sunscreen.
Tips: Pay cash at arrival rather than deposit before. Request Donald as your guide. If coming from a cruise, arrive as early as possible- This is an all day excursion.

1  Thank Natalie G
Reviewed 19 May 2015

My family visited Belize for 7 days and stayed at the Best Western. The hotel was clean and always had a refreshing smell I liked so much. The staff were very friendly and nice to the kids. We booked a family day tour with Action Boys Belize to do a combination of cave tubing, zip line, and altun ha mayan ruins. Yes, we did all three tours in one day and it was a blast. We woke up early because were to be picked up at 7:30 am. Donald Ramirez ( our tour guide ) was there from around 7:00 am. Since Donald was there early I suggested to him that we can leave early. We drove slowly to the ruins as Donald told us about the history of Belize and its people. When we arrived at the ruins we used the restrooms and started the tour of the ruins. Donald did presentation on Medicinal Plants, Altun Ha History, and Modern Day Mayan History. This was a tour full of history. After the Altun Ha tour we drove about an hour to the Zip Line site. We were assisted with our gears and off we went into the jungle to zip. This was a blast! It was thrilling to be moving so fast high up in the air. I actually didn’t realize that I was SCREEMING.

After the zip line we drove about 5 minutes to the cave tubing site. We were introduced to Albert. He had our tubes, headlamps, and vest ready for us. We started a hike through the rain forest as Albert pointed our plants and told us a lot about the cave systems. The cave were very refreshing. We had a great time with Donald Ramirez and the Action Boys Team. I recommend this triple tour to all.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

Ambergris Caye Cave Tubing, Zip Line, and Xunantunich whilst staying on Ambergris Caye was worth the early morning wake. The boat ride was not bad since most in my group were sleeping. When we arrive in Belize City Donald, our tour guide was waiting for us on the dock. We got some drinks and off we went. A cruise ship as in port, but Donald told us not to worry about the crowd because we were early. When we got to the cave Albert was waiting for us. We geared up and started a very informative hike to the entrance of the caves. Albert told us so much about the caves and plants around. We entered the caves and it was relaxing. It was only us in the caves. We actually had the caves for ourselves!

After the cave we drive about 5 minutes to the zip line. Woooow! This part was thrilling. Doing about 45mph in the open air had my heart really pumping. The guys at the zip line were friendly and responsible. Safety was their priority. After the zip line we drove to a small restaurant own by one of Donald's friends. We had rice, beans with chicken. It was the best chicken I've had. We then drove to Xunantunich. Now it was Donald's turn to guide us through the ruins. I have to say that Donald is a warehouse of knowledge. If you get the chance to do this tour, request him. This guy is really into history and he is very passionate about it.
They do offer a great tour and I would recommend this extraordinary excursion to all.