“I want to live here! And it's so stocked I could!”
other travellers have booked this property
Bonita's Black Pearl
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bonita's Black Pearl
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jmkalksne
Houston, Texas
“I want to live here! And it's so stocked I could!”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in the fully stocked one bedroom Sapphire and our friends stayed next door in the other cabana. This place had everything you would need to live there! All of the dishes and towels and a very comfy bed. The shower is warm with great pressure. The AC worked so well we had to turn it down multiple times. The kitchen was so well stocked I could make breakfast muffins in the oven or cook up a nice dinner to enjoy on the spacious porch! The Wifi worked so well I took my work laptop and worked in the hammock without interruption or slow signal at all. The sapphire was so secluded and private so we could enjoy our quiet time or hang out with friends nearby. The pool was always clean and welcoming and a great place to take your coffee in the morning to chat with your friends or a cold beverage in the afternoon to cool off after exploring the island. Being on the backside of the island had advantages we had not thought of like birds playing in the mangroves and we did not have any insect problems like we had first feared. Not a single bite! Wish I could say that here in Houston :) We loved our stay in the little Sapphire and will definitely be back again. If you are lucky enough to stay when the owners Al and JoAnn are in residence like we were they can tell you all the best spots on the island to go and helped us arrange a great day on the water with Carlos Tours and told us about great hand made real Italian food at Pasta Per Casa. We were fortunate to find this wonderful place. Hope you will get there and enjoy it as much as we did!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything you could need to live there
Liked least: Getting a bike but not a huge deal
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Justin A
“Amazing Island Beach Home”
Reviewed 24 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Bonita's Black Pearl for 3 nights, and it was spectacular! It has 3 beds/3 baths and all the amenities you could hope/wish for in an island home including a private balcony & pool! Short bike ride to any place in Caye Caulker.

marsha-er...
Puyallup, WA
“We loved staying at Bonita's Black Pearl!”
Reviewed 24 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I traveled from Seattle to Belize on February 26-27. We met our oldest daughter and granddaughter, who came from Tucson, in Belize City and we all took a water taxi to Caye Caulker. The management at Bonita's arranged our taxi from the airport to the water taxi and back again.
When we landed at Caye Caulker it was a short walk to Caye Reef to pick up our keys. The property is a beautiful large cabin with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a huge gorgeous kitchen and back deck overlooking the pool. The property sits on the bay but you just
get peak-a-boo views of the water because of the mangroves, which make up the island.
There was a total of 6 of us who shared the house for a week. Most people walk and ride bikes on the island, no cars, or drive golf carts. We rented a golf cart because I have a bad hip and was a bit of a hike to the Split, where everyone goes for swimming.
The 2 twenty year olds and the two 40 year olds, really enjoyed the night life on the island. They loved going to the Sip N Dip and The sports bar. We enjoyed takeout Chinese food from Aunties Takeout and hot dogs and hamburgers from the street vendor in front of one of the grocery stores. We also made breakfast at the house a few times.
We all enjoyed the laid back island and seeing signs that said "No shoes, No shirt? NO Problem!" and "Go Slow"
The kids did a snorkel trip with I think it was Angel Expedition, and had a wonderful time seeing fish, rays, and a seahorse. The just stayed around the island and were amazed by everything they saw. I wish I would have gone.
All in all we loved our stay at Bonita's Black Pearl. it's like staying at home!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: A bathroom for every bedroom and the gourmet kitchen
Liked least: mosquitos and sand fleas, but you can get a fabulous natural repelant from Paulette at the Red Flower
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing