other travellers have booked this property
Outdoor Swimming Pool Living Room and Kitchen
Bed
Pool View
Living Room
Gym
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gary B
“Nothing Grand about it”
Reviewed 7 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the GRAND Baymen's on San Pedro. It backs right up to the Airport the runway was our view. Room was clean and but the water pressure was super low in the shower. We were in room D203. Stayed for five days. Pool was being repairs and was not going to be finished sny time soon. The did have a nice GYM. And Pepperoni's Pizza around the corner was great the also deliver. If you don't mind the planes earlu in the morning and just want a clean room this could work

Management Response
10 Aug 2018
Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for taking some time out to let us know about your experience at our property. We keep striving to strengthen areas of weakness to provide our guests with better experiences moving forward. Thank you very much for your comments and for staying with us once again!
Michael G
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Go Elsewhere!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the Grand Baymen (GB) the month of February 2018. The pictures posted for GB are somewhat misleading. For instance, there is no “beautiful sandy beach two blocks away”. It is 5 to 6 blocks and is not swimmable as the statement and photo imply. The tenants had to complain and form an “uprising” during our stay as the pool was disgustingly dirty and algae filled, and did not look safe to swim in.
Another reviewer commented that GB is like a “barracks” and I would agree with that. Although VRBO stated the unit had “dining areas” and had pictures that showed a kitchen counter with stools and a place to have a meal, the reality was that in our room there was no table or counter to even have a meal in the place. We were constantly surprised/disappointed in the lack of items to make a stay comfortable especially for a “Gorgeous, Modern Suite”. Among other things, there were no paper towels or holder provided, no can opener, no strainer, no sharp knife, no dish soap, very limited number of clothes hangers, very few dishes, and no safe. There is a dishwasher but there were so few dishes it was not necessary. The condo walls were paper thin and every morning we heard the neighbor’s music early in the morning as if it were in our place, TV blaring in the evening. The place is right next to the island airport, so you hear take-offs and landing from 6:30 in the morning to 7:00 at night, but not really that bad sound wise unless out by the pool. Many issues encountered seem easy to fix, just not taken care of by owner/management. This is not to say that the on-site staff was not helpful, it seemed they wanted to help but were constrained by management. They were all very nice and helpful as much as they could be. On the positive side, the unit was clean, and the area was safe. We will go back to San Pedro at some point, but not likely to stay at Grand Baymen again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Erin R
Brussels, Belgium
“Don’t bother”
Reviewed 24 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

We chose this place because it was a good price and had a large pool, which can be hard to find in San Pedro. I knew from the reviews that it was near the airstrip, but most people said the flights were infrequent and that they didn’t even notice them after a while. The flights taking off are actually deafening if you have a room on that side and they start between 6 and 7 am. I counted 10 flights in a 30 minute period, so they actually are fairly frequent. If you are at the pool, the planes are so loud that you can’t carry on a conversation whenever they are taking off or landing.

On arrival, I noticed there was no safe in the room, as had been advertised when I booked. I asked reception about it and she said she would look into getting one. I came back a few hours later after hearing nothing and she seemed to have forgotten. She said she’d check with the manager and come to our room to let us know. We never heard back.

I could have overlooked the above issues. No big deal. We’re on vacation. I’m not a nit picky person.
However, the thing that really ruined our stay here was the pool. Like I said, it’s the reason I picked the Grand Baymen. My husband is a diver and I enjoy relaxing by and in the pool while he dives. The pool was green with algae when we arrived and continued to get worse throughout our stay. I did not see anyone doing anything about it and anytime anyone mentioned it to staff, the answers were vague. One staff member (who was very nice) told us it had been that way for over a week and nothing was being done. We weren’t able to get in the pool once during a four day stay. The island had received a lot of rain before we arrived, so I could understand if they needed a few days to get the pool back to normal, but I didn’t see one other pool on the island that had the same issue. They obviously weren’t doing anything to fix it. The one day I tried to relax and read by the pool, I had to go back to the room because the planes were so loud and they only have wooden loungers with no cushions out there, so it was very uncomfortable after 20 minutes or so. Also, there is a gate and path to the pool located in Building A butthe gate was always locked. You had to walk around the property, through mud and garbage, to get to he pool area.

I asked to talk to the manager twice to voice my concerns but was told he wasn’t on site. On our last day, I finally sent an email, as I knew I wasn’t going to be able to see him in person. I got no response.

The rooms are fine and the price is good, but there are lots of other options on Ambergris. My advice is to spend a little extra so that you can actually enjoy your vacation.

beachbumi...
San Pedro, Belize
“Not as advertised !”
Reviewed 7 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

Not much value at over 100Usd per night without the pool area functioning. Discount/rebate due to lack of seveces as promised NOPE! Dogs in the area bark nonstop! A full nights sleep is not possible. Informed management, after weeks no one has addressed the issue. Staff is great! Management is nonexistent... left much earlier than planned! FYI bring your own can-opener and sharp knives! ;)

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing