SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$263
Mata Rocks Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$128
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$126
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$144
Sapphire Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$127
Hotels.com
Ocean Tide Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$113
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$218
Cancelon
  • Pool
Sandbar Beachfront Hostel & Restaurant(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$44
  • Beachfront
US$342
Hotels.com
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$341
1,051 results
All reviewsour honeymoonmata chicabeachfront casitajade spagaia riverlodgeview suitewater taxiambergris cayefishpaddle boatscoconut mojitomain buildingsea breezemosquito nettingrojo barminute boat rideturn down service
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We stayed here from November 26- December 2,2017 and had an incredible time. It started from the time we arrived at the airport and were met by the staff. We were whisked off to a waiting boat and delivered to the dock at Matachica. I'm sorry but forgot the Captains name but he was wonderful. We were met at the Dock by Robin who escorted us onto the property where we were given welcome drinks. Our room was a deluxe beachfront casita and was amazing. The bar staff of Adam,Godwin and Gilbert were very welcoming and friendly. Truly, enjoyed talking with them. We had breakfast every morning (included) and it was very good. We usually had appetizers or lunch upon returning to the resort from diving and it was excellent! We had dinner three nights and all were excellent. The staff on the beach of Archie and Robin were always there with drinks. The housekeeping staff was great and very friendly as was the nightly turn down service. The front desk took care of everything we asked them to for excursions. Even the check out was very easy and not rushed at all even though our flight wasn't until 1:30 pm. I could not give this place a higher rating. Very quiet at night, so if you're looking for nightlife this isn't the place to go. ( Which we weren't) A very relaxing trip. Planning on going back soon. Very polynesian appearing.

Room Tip: They all looked very good. Obviously, being on the beach was great.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E C
Reviewed 4 December 2017

From the time my wife and I arrived for our 9 day stay, the staff at Matachica was amazing. Edwin, Archie, Amy, Jose, Robin, Matthew, and Mayra went out of their way to make our stay wonderful.

Whether spending time in the big comfy chairs on the dock or relaxing on the front porch of our casita, we found Matachica to be the perfect place to relax in peace and quiet.

There was also plenty to do. We played pool, went kayaking out to the reef for some snorkeling (we saw a nurse shark and two rays), went into San Pedro for some local food and culture, and took excursions to Lamanai and Hol Chan / Shark Ray Alley.

The food was excellent, we highly recommend the Coconut Curry Shrimp and the Snapper Skewers.

We couldn’t have asked for a better place to celebrate our nuptials.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

For all those who extol the virtues of Matachica, all we can say is “Ditto”!

We came for my 50th Birthday and the trip was spectacular. From the resort to the rooms to the food to the staff to the snorkeling to the pods on the sea. So many times we said. Oh my god...this is so good.

We had the good fortune to meet the owners Mr Danny and Maude who have created an extraordinary experience for couples who wish to get away from it all and have a 5 star spa experience. No TV’s, no distractions, no kids, now worries and exceptional staff that make your stay remarkable

The chef is a gem and their menu doesn’t disappoint. We couldn’t get enough of the lobster poppers, the ceviche, the ravioli was to die for and the deep blue was amazing.

For excursions we did the snorkeling and saw a sea turtle and dozens of nurse sharks. Amazing fish and just spectacular coral reefs.

We bikes into town and you must try Belize chocolates and the palapa bar.

The only small downside, albeit one that you come in knowing are the no-see’ems that leave their mark and a few itches. But the resort provides bug spray to accommodate.

Many thanks to Miss Amy, the three brothers Alfred,Lindsay and Archie as well as Edmond and all the staff that are clearly a family and take pride in all that they do.

I must say that Matachica is a very special place and has now become our favourite trip thus far in these travellers hearts

It was hard to leave but we go feeling incredibly lucky to have experienced this little piece of heaven.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Beautiful resort, excellent staff, everyone was incredibly friendly. The restaurant on site was very good, the rooms were spacious, the AC handled the beach heat with ease. The thatched roof was very aesthetically pleasing but between the roof and the front door leaving a gap, we got eaten by mosquitos. The beds come with mosquito netting which helped but inevitably got kicked open during the night.

Not walking distance to much, the only fast transportation is water taxis which run approximately every 2 hours; costing 5-10 USD per person, one way. 10$ to San Pedro, 5$ to Grand Caribe, which has two very nice restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1time2fly
Reviewed 18 November 2017

OMG, this place is amazing. Upon contacting this resort I knew it was special! Burga ensured that I was being and going to be treated like a VIP, she made me feel I was in good hands. Emil and Anita at the front desk were true professionals tending to all my needs. The food and beverage team treated me like a rockstar and my food was amazing. Special, detailed and genuine hospitality from Mambo's restaurant made my stay. Robin, Ernesto, Adam, Godwin and Archie treated me so personally I felt at home. The boat rides, tours, beaches, pools were immaculately kept, professional, and had me pampered every step of the way. Thank you Matachica!!!! I will be back

Room Tip: the Cassita's are amazing and there is no poor location every room location is perfect
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo