We enjoyed our stay at Matachica Resort and Spa for the most part. The grounds are amazing and the natural beauty is indescribable. Our casita was well appointed and clean and we were thoroughly happy with those aspects of our stay. The food, however, was not worth writing home about. We celebrated our anniversary by ordering the lobster special, which was not much of a special. The lobster was so chewy that I had to force it down with a good amount of water and prayers. This was the sentiment for pretty much all of our dinners. The food seemed extremely overpriced for the quality. I will say the desserts were pretty amazing though. Perhaps we were spoiled by our first resort in Belize (Ka'ana), which was half the price, but we were left with a feeling of "thats it?"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Resort & Spa is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 27 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom SeaBreeze Villa. All with beautiful Frette and Matouk linens, and exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. A minimum age requirement of 14 years for children applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Matachica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro