SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$263
Mata Rocks Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$128
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$126
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$144
Hotels.com
Sapphire Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$127
Ocean Tide Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$113
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$218
Cancelon
  • Pool
US$342
Hotels.com
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
US$341
Sandbar Beachfront Hostel & Restaurant(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
1,051 results
All reviewsour honeymoonmata chicabeachfront casitajade spagaia riverlodgeview suitewater taxiambergris cayefishpaddle boatscoconut mojitomain buildingsea breezemosquito nettingrojo barminute boat rideturn down service
Reviewed 4 December 2017

From the time my wife and I arrived for our 9 day stay, the staff at Matachica was amazing. Edwin, Archie, Amy, Jose, Robin, Matthew, and Mayra went out of their way to make our stay wonderful.

Whether spending time in the big comfy chairs on the dock or relaxing on the front porch of our casita, we found Matachica to be the perfect place to relax in peace and quiet.

There was also plenty to do. We played pool, went kayaking out to the reef for some snorkeling (we saw a nurse shark and two rays), went into San Pedro for some local food and culture, and took excursions to Lamanai and Hol Chan / Shark Ray Alley.

The food was excellent, we highly recommend the Coconut Curry Shrimp and the Snapper Skewers.

We couldn’t have asked for a better place to celebrate our nuptials.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

For all those who extol the virtues of Matachica, all we can say is “Ditto”!

We came for my 50th Birthday and the trip was spectacular. From the resort to the rooms to the food to the staff to the snorkeling to the pods on the sea. So many times we said. Oh my god...this is so good.

We had the good fortune to meet the owners Mr Danny and Maude who have created an extraordinary experience for couples who wish to get away from it all and have a 5 star spa experience. No TV’s, no distractions, no kids, now worries and exceptional staff that make your stay remarkable

The chef is a gem and their menu doesn’t disappoint. We couldn’t get enough of the lobster poppers, the ceviche, the ravioli was to die for and the deep blue was amazing.

For excursions we did the snorkeling and saw a sea turtle and dozens of nurse sharks. Amazing fish and just spectacular coral reefs.

We bikes into town and you must try Belize chocolates and the palapa bar.

The only small downside, albeit one that you come in knowing are the no-see’ems that leave their mark and a few itches. But the resort provides bug spray to accommodate.

Many thanks to Miss Amy, the three brothers Alfred,Lindsay and Archie as well as Edmond and all the staff that are clearly a family and take pride in all that they do.

I must say that Matachica is a very special place and has now become our favourite trip thus far in these travellers hearts

It was hard to leave but we go feeling incredibly lucky to have experienced this little piece of heaven.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Beautiful resort, excellent staff, everyone was incredibly friendly. The restaurant on site was very good, the rooms were spacious, the AC handled the beach heat with ease. The thatched roof was very aesthetically pleasing but between the roof and the front door leaving a gap, we got eaten by mosquitos. The beds come with mosquito netting which helped but inevitably got kicked open during the night.

Not walking distance to much, the only fast transportation is water taxis which run approximately every 2 hours; costing 5-10 USD per person, one way. 10$ to San Pedro, 5$ to Grand Caribe, which has two very nice restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1time2fly
Reviewed 18 November 2017

OMG, this place is amazing. Upon contacting this resort I knew it was special! Burga ensured that I was being and going to be treated like a VIP, she made me feel I was in good hands. Emil and Anita at the front desk were true professionals tending to all my needs. The food and beverage team treated me like a rockstar and my food was amazing. Special, detailed and genuine hospitality from Mambo's restaurant made my stay. Robin, Ernesto, Adam, Godwin and Archie treated me so personally I felt at home. The boat rides, tours, beaches, pools were immaculately kept, professional, and had me pampered every step of the way. Thank you Matachica!!!! I will be back

Room Tip: the Cassita's are amazing and there is no poor location every room location is perfect
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank caltraveler7214
Reviewed 13 November 2017

The service staff at Matachica are some of the best-trained and most courteous my wife and I have ever come across. The grounds are well kept, the cottages are clean, and the resort makes every effort to help you have a nice, relaxing time. The daily excursions and spa options are coordinated seamlessly by the concierge, and guests are punctually picked up right on the dock. Our only complaint is the music played in the bar and dining room during mealtimes - obscure slow/light covers of pop songs, 70s bossa nova, and mellow house/electronic could be improved with any newer or more recognizable music in the rotation to help make the experience a bit more enjoyable. That being said, we will absolutely be recommending this hotel to our friends and family!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple