1,066 results
All reviews beachfront casita jade spa our honeymoon view suite gaia riverlodge ambergris caye water taxi fish paddle boats mosquito netting coconut mojito sea breeze rojo bar turn down service shark ray alley thatched roof snorkeling gear
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Loved my stay here! The grounds are gorgeous with a great swimming pool, although I didn't use it much because hanging by the ocean was even better. The pier with lounge chairs is the perfect spot to relax all day and was the highlight of my stay. The staff will bring you drinks and snacks and were really good about always checking to make sure I had what I needed.

The food was delicious as well, and the bar area is a fun spot to hang out after a day in the sun.

Matachica is a little outside of town, but was worth it to me as it was nice to be out of the hustle and bustle, but with the option to go into town when you'd like.

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This is without doubt the fanciest hotel we've ever stayed at- it is worth every penny so you must go! We spent 5 nights here at the beginning of August and I'm still dreaming of being there. They clearly know what they're doing here and know how to make guests feel pampered. The location is the quintessential Caribbean get away- we had a beach front cabana and so were just a few metres away from the Caribbean Sea. The hotel is a 10 minute boat ride from San Pedro as the north part of the island doesn't have a proper road or would take a long time- I forget which. We ended up eating at the hotel every day as it was a bit more remote than I realised. This was fine as the food was top quality! It is expensive however as 27.5% is added to all drinks and food! 15% service charge and 12.5% tax. But, it is all very high quality so worth every penny in my opinion. The coconut mojito is unbelievable!
The hotel was also very peaceful. It was hard to gauge how many guests were there as it never felt crowded anywhere. The pool is beautiful and there are these gorgeous pods on decks for you to lie on out on the sea. If you're looking for an exotic, luxurious, relaxing stay away from it all, then you just stay here!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachael D
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had a wonderful trip at the beginning of September at Matachica. The most outstanding characteristic is the wait staff. Edwin, Archie, Adam, Jose, Gilbert, and Alfrid all made our trip great. The facilities are very nice with great air conditioning in the rooms. The staff continually works to make sure that the beach is clear of any seagrass that may float up. The food in Mambo is great. There best choices are the fresh items that are harvested locally. I would think twice about the pasta choice unless it featured fresh seafood. Before settling on Matachica, you should understand that this is a very laid back environment. You are wasting your suitcase space if you pack lots of dress up shoes and clothes. There are not any televisions. I was surprised how much I missed that but it left a surprising amount of time to read and relax. The resort has kayaks, paddleboats and snokel equipment which are complimentary.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an oceanfront hut. The walk to the huts away from the water is innundated with mosquitos.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

You can't go wrong with Matachica. We did not stay overnight but used their resort ALL DAY on multiple days. The restaurant and pool areas are amazing. The pier and loungers provide you with some of the best views on the Caye.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jameswA8401AU
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This is an incredible resort to stay in Ambergris Caye. The individual Mayan huts were immaculate. It was more private than staying in a hotel yet you always will feel that the awesome staff is right there whenever you need ANYTHING. They provide very incredible service - they will make any plans for you, call water taxis, (you will never carry your luggage from the moment you get off the plane in Belize City until you return to Belize City!) arrange air transport or ferry transport to and from Ambergris anytime you need it! The grounds and pool are like living in an eternal post card. This place is beautiful! We really enjoyed the incredible food and drinks from the restaurant and bar.! kayaks, peddle boats, snorkeling equipment and stand-up boards are available right there for you and we used them anytime we wanted- there was always enough there. LOVED all the super friendly staff especially Archie there were others but I can't remember their names - however every single person we encountered was wonderful. The internet works great in the common area- just what I prefer to keep in touch at home and then forget about the rat race back home awhile! It's a bit (10 minute boat taxi ride) from downtown San Pedro but we loved that it was so peaceful and serene and we enjoyed the boat taxi rides over the turquoise waters as one of our highlights of our trip! You will love it, no worries.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple