“Average bbq place”

Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar B Que
Ranked #20 of 134 Restaurants in Apopka
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I admit to being a bit of a snob when it comes to bbq, but we were tired and hungry and from out of town so stopped here instead of the ubiquitous fast food. We were one of the few people there...and once the other table left we were outnumbered by the staff. My husband got the pulled pork platter and I got the smaller fried catfish dinner. The food came out quickly, my catfish was perfect, not overcooked or overbreaded. The jalapeno cheese grits were just okay, was hoping for more of a kick to them. My husband did not think the bbq was all that good either...the best thing he thought was the cornbread, served as muffins...which did not need butter or anything else to make them good. I used one to eat with the pot liquor from the black eyed peas I had as my other side.
The service was good mostly, but was not particularly impressed with the bbq or their sauces.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

If you check out my reviews, you will find very few 5's, A restaurant needs to be outstanding for me to give up a 5. This place has Baby Backs that are this best i have ever had, and i have had a lot. The backed beans, slaw, and mac n cheese were all excellent too. NOrmally, it would take outstanding food, atmosphere, and service to get all 5 and even though the service was average and the atmosphere was country the food was that good to overcome. Does that make me a redneck? haha!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had never heard of Bubbalou’s before we tried it. We were looking for something quick to eat the evening we arrived in Apopka and thought we’d check it out because it was something different than the usual fast food. The young woman working the drive through window this evening was extremely helpful and friendly. We ordered the pulled pork basket with mashed potatoes and gray & the baby back ribs basket with macaroni and green beans. The food was as fast as any of the chain fast food restaurants, but was so much better. The ribs were falling off the bone, the mashed potatoes were mashed red skin potatoes which my family loves, and everything was seasoned just right. We’ll definitely stop by one more time while in the area this week!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my friends came here tonight for dinner the bbq was ok i had better ,it was very quite for a Saturday night we were just about finished eating when a group of about 20 people came in to eat it was 20 or 25 mins til closing and the young lady at the counter told them that they had to order quick because we close at 9 pm and that they were out of a lot of the side items to me i think it was wrong to chase that many folks away if i was the owner of Bubbalou’s that young lady and her manger would have been fired i think it was rude of them to chase that many folks away all because they wanted to get the place closed and get out of there the young lady made some smart remark to the customers that she does not make the hours she just works here. Now thats very rude and it also makes me and my friends not want to ever come back to this location again and our server was handling trash and never once washed her hands when our food was ready so there for we will never come back here ever again

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

The original location on Rock Springs Rd. Still putting out fine for BBQ over 50 years now. Building is much different from the shack that I first encountered in 1961 but food is same. Baby back ribs falling off the bone tender n tasty.
BBQ beans are exceptional here with smoked meaty tidbits.
Cole slaw is average.
Cannot recommend sweet potato tots, not bad but not tasty either.
Collared greens a bit bitter only average.
Brunswick stew?? Forget about it.
The meats are what they do very well, excellent service at this location.