All reviews altamonte springs the breakfast area stayed here for two nights room was clean mini fridge nice size night stay early check front desk staff hie wekiva iron hallway hurricane hampton
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent attention and very polite person.(Mrs Angeles).
Front Desk Clerks with excellent attention too.
I received a very good attention in the three days
My wife and I consider a wonderful and peaceful
Stay in this hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
shirin d, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Jose,

Awesome!!! It was a great pleasure meeting with you! It was our great pleasure that we could make your stay convenient and enjoyable. We will deliver your kind and sweet compliments to our staff, especially Angeles. We are grateful that you took the time to write us about your experience. Our team strives to bring smiles to our guests' faces, such as yourself, with the warmest hospitality and most efficient service. We are certainly looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,
Hotel Team

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely time at this hotel, and I want to commend the very nice and professional staff at this hotel: Angeles at the awesome breakfast attendant, always had a smile on her face and very attentive always. Ashad, at the front desk, went out of his way to make us feel welcomed, he's there in the afternoon shift, super friendly and kind person!!! And Ana the head of housekeeping, was on top of whatever we needed!!! Very courteous and attentive!!! These people welcomed us and made us feel very comfortable!!! Very much appreciated because we were there for several days!!!
However, I did have an issue with one of the clerks in the front desk, Suji Lawrence, over a cup of water from a jug they have.. only for guests, and she assumed I wasn't one, she told me herself, and it's the way she said it also, very matter of fact. I addressed it with her, but she was unapolegetic and very cold, after I said I was a hotel guest. It's a real shame that this happened, because as I said previously... everyone there went out of their way to make us feel wecomed.I also addressed the problem with the general manager, and he did his best to correct it. Overall, it was a great place to stay, but if the person I mentioned before doesn't change her attitude...I would prefer not to stay there, we have many other choices.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Shirin K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your very detailed and kind comments about our service and staff. It is our pleasure that we were able to bring a smile to your face. We apologize for the inconvenience happened with one of our staff. We will be more than happy to meet you again, and we will make sure to provide you with another excellent service. Our goal is to provide our guests with warmest hospitality and most efficient service. Our staff strives to go above and beyond to enhance service excellence for our dear guests such as yourself. We are indeed looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Super service, really great friendly people and clean new rooms. Nothing to complain about. Can't beat the value and the quality. Comfy beds, brand new hotel. Not sure what else to say. Breakfast is decent and they let you start a little early if you need to.

Room Tip: I never stay by elevators and there is no view to ask for.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The rooms were clean, we checked in late but they promptly got us in since we had kids with us. Breakfast area was well stocked with options. Staff was courteous and helpful. Nice location close to a lot of towns on the north side of Orlando.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank onecoolraisin
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I were traveling to Apopka for my daughter's volleyball tournament at the CPS Sportsplex the weekend of 3/16/18-3/18/18. I arrived at the hotel check in counter at approximately 9:15 p.m. after traveling for over 4 hours from Naples, Fl.

After giving my name to the front desk clerk, he informed me that my reservation had been cancelled. I said that it was impossible because I did not cancel the reservation (I booked it 2 months earlier). The clerk said that he tried to call me because the hotel was full, I hadn't checked in yet and he ran my credit card and it was declined. My card had been declined because my bank suspended use due to suspicious activity, this was due to him running my card around the same time I was putting gas in my car. It was declined at the gas station also due to use in two different cities. I showed him the text message I received from my bank to prove this to him.

Text from bank:
FREE TEXT: Bank of America has temporarily restricted the use of your debit card #**** due to unusual activity. Call 844.585.0485. To Opt Out reply STOP.

He responded "well you should have answered the phone", I explained that I was traveling and unable to answer the phone because I had my GPS plus I don't talk and drive.

I asked for a manager and there wasn't one available. I also informed him that because of me booking at this hotel my daughters teammates booked there too. He said there was nothing he could do! I told him I was traveling with children and had nowhere to go. I asked for the corporate number and called while I was still at the counter. They were unable to assist and after several minutes transferred me to a "global" department. This was unacceptable!

I read my confirmation and nowhere does it state that a room would be cancelled the day of check in. In fact, the policy on my reservation states that I would be charged the following day, see below:

Room Rate Per Night:
Fri 16 Mar 2018 - Fri 16 Mar 2018$150.92 (USD)
Sat 17 Mar 2018 - Sat 17 Mar 2018$165.62 (USD)
Total Taxes:$39.57 (USD)

Estimated Total Price:$356.11 (USD)*

MODIFY RESERVATION

Cancellation Policy: Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Thursday, 15 March, 2018 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 15 March, 2018, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

I travel frequently and have NEVER, NEVER had a reservation cancelled on me in my life! This put a tremendous amount of stress on my family that night. I'm sure the hotel made out financially by selling my room out from under me for double what I booked it for. I would like to know what course of action will be taken by the unscrupulous, cut throat business practices this location has! It is bad business and I am utterly disgusted by what happened!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
mike031, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Apopka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Sabrina M,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your feedback online. We are so sorry you didn't have a good experience at our Hotel. Our Hotel policy is like any Hotel policy around the world; A valid credit card must be used to secure your reservation for late arrival! We always encourage our guests to make sure to provide a valid credit card especially when arriving late and during special event weekends. When credit cards don't authorize, we always give our guests multiple courtesy calls to make sure they are still intended to arrive so non of the mentioned issues would happen.
Once again, please accept our apologies and please understand that these are normal procedures at most hotels here in the US.
Regards,