““Could be Awesome!””
Review of San Miguel

San Miguel
Ranked #42 of 134 Restaurants in Apopka
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I hesitated writing this review. We were very excited to see this place open. We live near by. The food was Very good. Flavorful and plenty of it. Atmosphere is nice & the music creates a wonderful Mexico setting. I gave it a 3 because of the service. We sat there for several minutes before anyone came over. They were at the bar chatting??? We know what poor service can do to a potentially Great place. This place has Great potential! I truly hope that the Owners can work the kinks out. We have given it a couple of months so will give it another try soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This place was recommended to us but we were disappointed. The service was awful, no refills on drinks, wrong order served, drinks from the bar were not served and we had to tell the waiter twice before they came. The spinach quesadilla was bland, no flavor. The burritos were good.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We love Mex and Tex Mex, and we're were looking forward to a nice dinner, well.

Sat down with family around 6:45,
By 7 the server comes by to offer water and take drinks order.
Drinks take about 15 minutes to arrive, and food did not arrive till 8:15.

We were a party of 3 adults and two toddlers.
The food arrived as at different intervals. It took another 5 mins for everyone to have all or meals.
Getting past all rusty; the enchiladas fillings (chicken) was cold, not warm...cold.
I asked to return it and take it off the check. A different server brought another serving, although I asked to return it, but he insisted. I tried it but it was not tasty, the red sauce was just tomato sauce and boring.
The rest of the meals were also boring and not appealing.
My meal was not comped until I asked them to remove it.

We won't be going back and definitely not recommending to friends.

1  Thank Flyfishfla
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We went there fathers day and this was our first time. We waited a couple of minutes to get seated because they were really busy. Got to our booth which was very clean, table and floor. We heard good things about this restaurant we thought we would try it. The service was good and so was the food. Would go back again.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stopped here for lunch and my husband, who is always up for something different saw a dish called 'Molocajuete" which looked interesting. It turned out to be both interesting and delicious. A stone mortar heated and filled with grilled pork, beef, chicken, shrimp and chorizo along with a grilled jalapeno, onion, cactus and topped with cheese. It was served with tortillas and a plate of fillings - guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream etc. It is really a dish to be shared and we will be back again to order it for the two of us. A wonderful lunch that will feed us for the rest of the weekend. I had a quesadilla - good, nothing special. Ordered an ear of Mexican street corn, which was tasty. Chips were crsp and salsa could have had more of a kick, but not bad.Glancing around the room, I saw plenty of people eating traditional Tex-Mex dishes - fajitas, tacos etc. A welcome addition to our local restaurants.

Been to San Miguel? Share your experiences!