“Wonderful ”

Sala's Hawaiian Slurp Shack
Ranked #14 of 117 Restaurants in Apopka
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Description: We offer authentic Hawaiian Shave ice, specialty ice creams and Hawaiian cuisine.
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I stopped by for lunch on our way home from the eclipse. Let me just say I have spent a Lot of time in hawall and this is just like getting the real deal. We each had different plate lunches and shaved ice. The Teri beef. The kalua pork. Shoyu chicken. Perfect. Even had the spam masubi. Great shaved ice. Sala is a Great guy. With true aloha spirit. Keep up the great work. Do yourself a favor try it tell your friends. You won't be sorry

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My husband took my boys here this evening because a friend gave us a coupon. We have driven by it a bunch of times and never even thought of stopping. It was great if you have kids. It's a clean atmosphere with a Hawaiian feel. They have a tv playing video footage of a helicopter over Hawaiian islands. The snow cones (shaved ice) are huge. I've never seen a bigger snow cone and we ordered a small. They were very colorful. Needless to say the boys were very excited about it and I'm sure we will go back. My husband grabbed me a small ice cream and it was super creamy.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Went on a Sunday afternoon with some friends. Driven past many times (live around the corner in Apopka) and over the last year or so they have remodeled and taken over the space nextdoor that a shop had been and now is outdoor seating.

The Shave (notice no D) Ice was awesome and next to us a couple was eating the Loco Moho (beef, fried egg, rice) and they said it was awesome. I have to come back for the Spam Masubi!!

Everyone was very friendly and they have over 20 flavors for the Ice and about 12 or more flavors of Ice Cream. If you don't want something cold they have dessert items that vary.

Will be coming back more often now. Wish they were open for Breakfast so I could get Spam, Eggs and Rice like I did in Hawaii!

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I vacationed in Hawaii a couple years ago.. this place reminds me so so so much of the beautiful island we visited! Love their spam musubi and shaved ice. You can't complain with their prices.. went on a Wednesday evening and there were many people eating. :) Wife of owner was working and we really appreciated her hospitality! Can't wait to go back and try some of the other yummy things on the menu!!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

6 visits for Hawaiian foods. Loco moho $9.95 beef patty with fried egg, moho sauce white rice and scallions a taste sensation. Kahlua pork & teriyaki beef both $8.95. Excellent and Family owned. Of course excellent shaved ice and local made ice cream...