“Good Mexican and the atmosphere was pleasant”

San Jose's Original Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is the newest of 3 family owned and operated restaurants of which all locations are accessed via the URL above.Altamonte Springs location: 407-647-2010
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Searched places for good Mexican and decided to try based on the reviews. I was not disappointed. Food was good, services was fast and beer was cold. Several TV's around the bar area was nice to catch-up on sports news. Food was served hot and plenty for a second meal. Overall a nice spot with outdoor dining as well which is also covered so you can eat outside in the rain.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

My friends and I were having our usual Friday lunch (our day ends at noon...what a great boss!) and were craving Mexican food. I went on line to see what was in our area that we hadn't tried before, and picked San Jose's...what a great stab in the dark! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the outside patio seating is equally as pleasing! Smiles all around as far as the courteous staff went, immediately greeted and menus were placed in front of us. All of us ordered one of their hand made organic margaritas (omg! Soooo delicious!) and reviewed the menu for our lunch selection. It was hard to decide on what to order as everything sounded wonderful, and they had a very reasonable lunch special menu as well. My friend and I both ordered the California Burrito Jr., don't know what was junior about it...it was huge! Everything was delicious, from the chips and salsa (all of their sauces are made in house) to the entree. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough! The staff is extremely efficient and friendly, and are always in sight to ensure a superior experience. We will definitely be back!!!!!!

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I tried it because of good reviews- yes, the service was excellent, but the food was very bland- I had shredded beef poblano with rice , refried beans, and tortillas. If you don't like spicy food, this place is a good choice. The free chips and salsa were the most flavorful part of the meal.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

My wife and I eat here every Wednesday night and sometimes even another night as well during the rest of the week. The food is always very good. The staff is freindly and does their best to accommodate your requests. They can be slow at times and get a bit distracted but it is not enough to detract from the great dining experience.

Come out on a Wednesday and join us for a fabulous Classic Margarita!!!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

We've been here a number of times. That should tell you something. Good food, reasonable price, nice people.