“Anesome family vacation home”
other travellers have booked this property
Looking at Pool From Hot Tub Bobby at tiki bar
Living Room
Game Room
Hall Bath
Kid's 'Mickey' Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kelli B
Seaside, Oregon
“Anesome family vacation home”
Reviewed 3 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

House was perfect for our large group. Bobby was friendly and available to help when we needed it... Needed pool heater turned on. House is cozy and comfy and great for kids.. We will be back next year!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
4 Jan 2015
Super cool family from "coffee country". Thanks for staying gang and please come again next time you head south towards the sun.
neatorind...
Carol Stream, Illinois
“Great House for group and homeowner a great hostess!”
Reviewed 2 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

This house is just as it was described and plenty of sleeping room for our party of 7 but could have handled many more. Bobby was there after our arrival to show us all we needed to know. When we called to ask for suggestions on shuttle to the airport, he offered to take us himself! WOW. His attentiveness, amicable personality and williness to make our stay perfect was a highlight. What a great hostess! Pool/backyard was beautiful and great place to relax. In a safe, clean neighborhood just around the corner from any restaurant you want or need. Convenient to the super congested interstates. And if you need a church to attend while staying there we enjoyed the live nativity at Green Hills Baptist Church on Imperial. Definitely a great place for multiple families to have the option of being together and enjoying less expensive meals at "home". We did take out from Rubios and even grabbed food from Costco.

Travelling group: Extended Family
4 Jan 2015
It was nice having friendly mid-west folks from my hometown of Chicago in my home. They treated it as their own and I would love to see them back again in the future. And though I try to be the best "host" I can be, I'll gladly concede the well intention-ed title of a great "hostess" as well!
Belinda P
Smithfield
“Loved it, Loved it,Loved it”
Reviewed 9 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

This was our second stay at this home with myself, my husband and our 8 children from Sydney Australia. What can i say except we loved it, thats why we booked it for a second time. It had everything we needed enough beds to sleep 15, Great size kitchen, lounge room and bedrooms. Bobby is a lovely man we got to meet hime this time and our kids don't stop talking about him. House is close to Disneyland Approx 15mins. The pool is lovely on those warm afternoons and evenings, we spent many nights an the pool as it was warm. We recommend this house to any family its great.

We will be returning in a few years and already have plans to re book this home.
Thanks again Bobby for all your kind Hospitality and listening to our kids scream hey Bobby about a millions times

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: as a family being able to still cook and relax in the evening
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
27 Nov 2014
Many thanks to my friends from down under. I'm now thinking of changing my name to "Hey Bobby"!!! I wish I had the ability to vacation as carefree as ya'll do.
I'm looking forward to seeing that big noisy crew of yours again. Tell all your kids Bobby said HEY.
Cynthia E
Phoenix, Arizona
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We recently finished a week long stay at Bobby's vacation home. We don't know where the guest who left the prior review stayed but it wasn't this home. Bobby was a cool host and made sure everything was perfect for us. He was very easy to reach and ready to help with anything. When we arrived it was more than we expected, even much nicer than the pictures. It was very clean and fresh smelling and nothing was dingy or unclean. Bobby let us come in early so we actually met the maids before they left. They were very thorough and proud of their work and the home and said they had been cleaning it for 6 years. The kitchen had everything we needed and very nice appliances. The pool and hot tub were fantastic and we used them everyday. It was wonderful to take a dip after a long day at the park. The yard is full of foliage and potted plants so you really feel like you are in a tropical paradise. The weather was great and the kids looked forward to their time in the pool every day. We also loved the decorations everywhere and they were nice, professional decorations. I think many of them came from Disneyland. We didn't see anything that you could call garbage. The playroom had plenty of toys and games for the kids and yes, fishing poles. We actually liked the fishing poles, along with the golf club sets, strollers and most everything in case we needed it. There is no harm in having extra things for us and we appreciated it. It's truly like a home away from home. The pool table and the air hockey tables were both fairly new and in good condition. The location is also perfect. It is very convenient to Disney and everything else in the area. Lots of restaurants and shopping very close. It was easy to just run out for something quick. There were many brochures and some local menus for us there but since there are so many restaurants close by, we would suggest having even more menus or maybe a menu book. We would highly recommend this vacation rental to all our family and friends and will definitely come back again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Cleanliness and fully stocked
Liked least: Stay too short
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Nov 2014
Thank you for the nice words and I hope to have you and your family back again. I've collected more local menus and will have a nice stack for your next stay!
Mark L
Ottawa, Canada
“Tropical Bait and Switch”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Well folks, what can I say, this is the internet equivalent of the old bait and switch. Sure, it's true, the pictures posted are in fact his home, but they're VERY selective. The family room is actually empty except for some old cushions and a stand up fan. THat's probably because when it rains, the room soaks in the rain. And it's not "dewy meadow" as much as it is "dingy carpet". The fan is probably there to help air it out.

The house abounds with all sorts of DIY handywork. like the Kitchen Island. Nicely tiled, but those tiles were cut by a chainsaw and grouted by a monkey. The Decor is quaint. The theme is best desccribed at "Paper plates stapled to the wall", or even 'stuff I snagged on garbage day". THe livng room furniture is good for three people. Or it was in the 70's. The couch died a slow death, completed sometime during Clinton's term in office. Look closely at the dining room table. THere are 4 proper chairs. The rest are folding chairs a la "school gymnasium". If there were better furniture in the living room, it wouldn't be so bad, but you end up spending a LOT of time in those chairs.

The masterbedroom door couldn't be closed from the outside. The "doorknob" hole in the wall should have tipped us off. Bobby Gore dismissed it as "part of the experience". And then kicked the door in for us. Problem solved.

For the record, the house is three bedrooms. "Bedroom 4" is more aptly called a dining room with one doorway covered by a rattan mat. The other doorway is open concept. If you don't believe me, ask yourself why the wall has a wine and fruit motif on the border. It's a dining room, that's why. Oh. Speaking of fake walls, Check out the solid reno's in the "game room'. The "walls" are flannel blankets. The game room is is chocked full of a pool table with tip-less cues. A broken air hockey table. Broken furniture. But there are fishing poles! I picked a vacation home 15 minutes from Disney b/c of the fishing. Right.. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless I didn't like them.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: I got to leave after 10 days.
Liked least: I had to stay for 10 days.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Nov 2014
Don't be mislead by this review! It does NOT represent my home at all. It is incorrectly dated, inaccurate and pokes fun at my home with nonsensical insults by an unregistered guest who stayed years ago. I’m perfectly fine with constructive criticism or suggestions from sincere guests and will always act on it with a smile but this review is just silly. This guest did not stay in my home in April of 2014. Look at the time stamp on the picture HE posted with the review. It is April 10, 2012. They stayed more than two years ago despite being listed as April 2014.

I host well over 100 groups of guests per year, that's more than 1000 guests annually in my two homes. There is a reason I also see numerous repeat guests each year. I've been a completely dedicated, conscientious full-time owner since 2008 and you can easily find and read hundreds of my home's reviews on the other major vacation home sites that don't appear on Trip Advisor. My reviews are overwhelmingly good, less than 2% have any negativity whatsoever. I live 10 minutes from my home. Guests can easily reach me 24/7 for any reason whatsoever and I'm there personally to take care of it immediately. With a little research, It's clear that I take pride in being a premier owner and my home is the quintessential Disneyland vacation home at great family rates.
While the slapstick-ish parodies years after their stay might have been humorous for this person, monkeys did not remodel my home. I spent ten's of thousands of dollars remodeling with professionals and they didn't cut tile with a chainsaw. I don't decorate with garbage nor do I kick in my own doors for guests. The up to date living room has a wall mounted flat screen TV, new couches about once a year or so and cable TV with a multitude of channels and DVR (None of which was around in the 70's). I have floor and ceiling fans in both my homes simply because guests want them. There is not much furniture in the family room as guests often use it as a private 5th bedroom if needed and we get little to no rain in Southern California. I also post numerous pictures of my home, inside and out, from all angles just like every other vacation home. As this reviewer reluctantly admitted, the pictures don't support his review because they clearly show how nice my home really is! Blaming it on “angles” doesn't change the obvious. Since presidential parodies are being used, then that would be like Clinton asking what the meaning of the word is....is! Ironically, if you look at the same picture I have posted of the family room it's actually a wider angle than his showing more of the room. The real truth is, arriving guests constantly say my home is even nicer than the pictures and I'm very proud of that!
I have learned from experience what to stock to make everyone happy. My home is fully equipped from top to bottom including fishing poles because people use them and fishing is plentiful here. I also have strollers, life jackets, pool toys, golf clubs, toys, games, high chairs, pack n plays, beach chairs, coolers, etc. etc. If travelers need it, my home has it. I've found that folks visiting here want to do a lot more than just Disneyland so I apologize if this person was offended by fishing poles, fans and extra folding chairs. (I've actually taken guests on fishing excursions in my own boat. I also play an occasional round of golf with guests, I have one planned at the end of this week)
If this reviewer were to refer my home to friends, He would have very happy friends.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing