“Good Pasta and Chicken”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Disneyland
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our second trip to this restaurant and we ate here twice this trip! The fried chicken is always good and the chicken alfredo pasta is also a good choice. My husband was not as impressed with the pot roast this time though. Not an especially budget friendly option as the pasta was $14.99 and the fried chicken was $17 or $18 but they are large portions and definitely shareable. If you get there at the right time you can even watch the parade through the bushes!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We'd heard that the Plaza had excellent fried chicken, so made a point to have dinner (a non character, counter service meal) here one night of our trip. We arrived at what we thought was early to avoid crowds, but a parade had just finished, so there was a long line. Still, staff was great with crowd control and moved things along efficiently. Both of our plates (fried chicken and pot roast) were tasty and filling albeit a bit pricey for counter service. It was an overall nice meal with enjoyable outdoor seating.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were in Disneyland with 4 children and 6 adults, and ate here twice for 2 different packages.
We had been here before for the Character breakfast and really enjoyed the variety of characters and the time they spent with us and all the other families. We were seated outside then, and I wonder if that made the difference.
This time we had an 8:50 reservation, although the Park didn’t open until 9:00. We were assured that if we approached a cast member, they would get us inside in time for our reservation. As there were no cast members to be seen, we went to the person at the exit gate. He told us we were the 5th family that had approached him with the same issue that morning, that the restaurant was not open until 9:00, and that we had to get in the regular (very long) lineup to get into the park. When we asked to speak to a manager, he said we were the third family to do that, and indeed she was of no help. We got to the restaurant late to find a huge lineup of people with reservations. When we finally got into position in line where we could speak to someone, and asked for the manager, she said the gate was completely mistaken, that the restaurant had indeed opened at 8:30, but no one had arrived. When we were finally seated, they no longer had any tables for 10, and we were at 2 tables side by side at the farthest end of the dining room. There were loads of characters then, but the kids were starving, and we were all too busy helping them with the buffet to pay much attention. By the time that was done, the characters had disappeared or gone outside, where there always seemed to be several characters despite their total absence inside. No characters came inside again until after we had been there for over an hour, and they never reached our table. Since the purpose of the Character breakfast is to spend time with the characters, this was a total failure.
I have lactose intolerance and do not eat meat, which I had stated when making all dining reservations. When we checked in, they had a note if that, and I was told a chef would come to the table immediately. After 20 minutes, no one had come. I had to ask twice before someone showed up. He told me I could have waffles. I pointed out that given the price if the Character breakfast, those were very pricey waffles, and asked why I could not have eggs. He seemed surprised at the idea, but agreed.
As to the breakfast itself, we were really surprised by the poor quality of the fruit. We had many lovely fresh fruit platters at many restaurants in the hotel and the parks. At the Plaza Inn, they served canned peaches, frozen berries, and bottled fruit salad. The only fresh fruit seemed to be blueberries.
Our next experience at the Plaza Inn was the dining package which provides a reserved area for the Pixar Parade. This was a far superior experience, with much better service. However, my dietary limitations did not seem to have been taken into account at all. I was given jello to replace the dessert. It turned out the salad had meat. The difference when I asked for help was the quality of the staff response. When it became apparent there were no substitutes on the menu that worked for me, they offered to give all the children cupcakes instead, which made everyone happy. The quality of the food was good, and there were choices for everyone else. We all loved having curbside seats at the parade without having to wait for hours.

3  Thank TorontoEh
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We had three meals here no they were great. Fried chicken was lovely. Our son is coeliac and they made him roast chicken instead which he enjoyed. Sit outside at night time as it is wonderful to watch the castle light up. Travelled December 2016.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We were tired and hungry by the time we wandered in here. The service was quick and the food was great.