“Spectacular Experience! My Favorite Spot!”
Review of The Depot

The Depot
Ranked #2 of 242 Restaurants in Auburn
Description: Where the hook meets the line. An American Seafood brasserie located at the Historic Auburn Train Depot. Featuring gulf-coastal cuisine, the Depot plates up Alabama's freshest seafood in a modern industrial Victorian-inspired space. History Established in 2014.First built in 1847, this fabled and timeless Depot rests in the heart of downtown Auburn. Elevating the cuisine in Auburn, the Depot is proud to be the first restaurant in Alabama cooking with a custom wood-fired "Asador. Featuring gulf-coastal cuisine, the Depot plates up Alabama's freshest seafood in a modern industrial Victorian-inspired space.
Reviewed 29 August 2018

My absolute favorite dining establishment! You owe it to yourself to try this restaurant while you are in Auburn! Whether you live in Auburn or visiting, make sure you come to enjoy. The location is very unique, sitting right off the tracks featuring a 150-year-old train depot, impeccably restored. The food is complete art! The seafood selections are out of this world, and they are always changing. Selections from Hawaii that are flown in fresh every week. The hardest part is deciding. The appetizers; Mahi Mahi fritters with little jalapenos on top were great, the Coconut Curry Gulf Shrimp were so great, and the sauce was perfect with the bread, and the Cobia Wings! Wow! What a presentation! Just superb. For a meal, I had a piece of Blackened Mahi Mahi with andouille rice, was the best I’ve ever had! My wife had the monkfish, similar to a lobster taste, it was divine! I really don’t think you could go wrong if you closed your eyes and pointed! The Pork Chop is something I will try, as it sounds spectacular as well. For dessert, we had the Bread Pudding (Best I’ve ever had!), the Chocolate Expresso Pots De Crème and a tart with peaches on top. All were impressive, but oh that bread pudding! The drinks were generously poured and there was quite a selection choose from in specialty drinks.
The service was as good as the best I’ve ever had. Not rushed, attentive and plenty of hands on deck to serve. When the dinner came, there was multiple staff present with the entrees and were extremely professional. The prices were reasonable for the quality, selection and service we were offered.
I cannot say enough about the entire experience. I will be back and would be honored to bring a guest to share in this experience.

1  Thank CraigSchaid

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We were looking for a meal before we hit the road on our way to Mobile. We found The Depot and decided to give it a try. The food was fantastic! My son had the Gumbo, which he absolutely loved and I had the Shrimp and Grits (a dish I highly recommend).

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank LaCresha N
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I hate when people refer to themselves as “foodies” but being in the business if you think you are this is the place in Auburn for you. The blue crab dip and the mahi fritters are delicious. The goat cheese salad while not sure it’s worth the price was good. So few places offer Oysters Rockefeller these days when I saw them on the website it was the deciding factor. Some of the best I’ve ever eaten. The bananas foster bread pudding a delicious option and worth the calories.

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I've been to Auburn several times but this was my first time coming to The Depot and now I regret not making it before now! We went for brunch and I had the french toast. The fresh strawberries and the white chocolate whip cream made this dish even better! I also really enjoyed the bloody Mary I had. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in town!

1  Thank Amanda J
Reviewed 6 August 2018

On a whim we asked if we could dine in shorts and golf shirts. - no problem, totally welcomed. it was graduation weekend btw.
Our group had 4 fresh fish dishes all prepared differently. Everything was superb and I live and eat on the gulf coast. (I'd never even heard of having puffer fish tails)
Chef Scott is so down to earth and I can't wait to try his other offerings.
The tomahawk Pork Chop is wonderful. They leave the pork belly strip attached to the bone and it crisps as it's grilled. My wife had to keep me from gnawing on the bone. The gumbo is a slightly thicker variety and a bit spicy but just right.
The waiter picked a Spanish dry wine, that I never would have and it was great and great value. Service couldn't have been better. Knowledgeable, very attentive, without being rushed.
It's been a long time since a meal didn't miss on a single note for me.