All reviews front desk staff was exceptionally friendly annual trip rooms are large other hotels would highly recommend this hotel most places nice stop nice stay road trip very nice hotel beds were comfortable gulf shores complimentary breakfast hie alabama interstate
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019

One of the nicer hotels in the area. Convenient to the interstate and multiple food choices. Staff was exceptionally friendly and the whole place has seen updates recently. The prices are a little more expensive than I would normally expect to find in the deep South, however, it's much better than going super cheap at a dive somewhere. The rooms were spacious and the beds were nice. Fairly-well insulated against sound, and the breakfast was standard fair for a HIE but tasty.

Room tip: Stayed here twice in as many months - elevator was exceptionally slow, so ask for a room on the 1st floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
OmegaHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2019

Hello,
Thank you so much for the review. We are so happy to hear how pleased you were with everything, and we look forward to seeing again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2019

Stopped here on our recent vacation and this was the wife's favorite hotel. We reserved a handicapped accessible room and we received a handicapped accessible room (even thought we always reserve a handicapped accessible rooms other hotels frequently DON'T reserve them). The front desk was very friendly and welcoming. There were many places close to eat. The room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom was easy for my wife to get around in wheelchair. Pool area was decent. Breakfast had a large selection of hot and cold foods and was very good. Only stayed the night, but it was a nice stop along the way.

Date of stay: August 2019
OmegaHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2019

Hello,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear how pleased you were with everything, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

This is honestly the best overnight stay. Travelling from Ohio to Gulf Shores. Stopped overnight to break up our drive time. Immaculate!! Very clean. Room was wonderful. Clean, beds were comfortable. Loved the room darkening shades. Pool area very nice and clean. Next day complimentary breakfast the best I've ever had. So much to choose from. Again, very clean. The lady working the area was very sweet and walked to each individual and asked if they were doing ok and found everything they needed. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through. We will definitely book again, our next trip down.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear how pleased you were with everything, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

We had a nice stay here. It's very clean. The staff are all nice and very friendly. The rooms are large and comfortable. It is more expensive than most places I have stayed, so I'm not sure if I'll be back.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

After doing some research I think this exit needs more decent hotels. We stopped at 5 pm and received one of the very last rooms. The hotel is very close to Ruby Tuesday, a chain steakhouse, Hardees, are all easily walked to. The room itself was very clean except for a stray hair in the shower. The bed was very comfortable. There was no desk but there was a very nice lounge chair. There was no extra bed linen which I really missed in the middle of the night when my husband wanted to turn the temp down. Our refrigerator made an intermittent very loud buzzing sound. The breakfast looked average but decent but we didn't partake. I had the intention to bring these minor issues to the attention of the front desk but after standing in line for 10 minutes while the gentleman in front of me filled out a credit app with assistance I gave up. We are AARP members and with our discount paid $168.00 including tax. I feel that's a little high. Next time I will look further down the road for an equally decent hotel that's not quite so expensive. I know they are out there.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple