“Smoked Chicken!!”

Add it.
Gates Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Aliceville
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Stopped in for lunch with a couple of co-workers while in the area for business. I had the smoked chicken, and I have to say: it was the best I have had in a long time! My friends had the ribs and said they were delicious as well. It's nothing fancy, but the food is good and comes out quick. I would definitely come back!

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Used to be a destination restaurant. They moved to downtown Aliceville, and basically turned into a small town cafe. The food is pretty good. I had the Prime Rib and I was pleasantly surprised, it was very good. It's restaurant is good as long as you keep things in perspective. If you are close to Aliceville, yes I would go. But not worth a long drive.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Address is 404 3rd Ave. NW, Aliceville. Hours are Tues-Sat.from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Dinner is served on Friday nights from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. Closed on Mondays. Type of food served is barbecue, Southern foods (turnips, sweet potatoes, fried okra, fried green tomatoes, garlic potatoes, etc.), steaks and hamburgers. Desserts included soft serve ice cream, apple pie, pecan pie, chocolate fudge pie. The building itself is not very impressive, but the food is very good.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in at the advice of a coworker. Had the prime rib and cheese sandwich with cheese and some potato salad. The meat was moist and finished to perfection. The salad was most excellent also. Will go back again for sure.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

A group of us (7) met for lunch one Saturday. Gates was recommended by those who were local to Aliceville, AL. Each of us seemed to enjoy what we had ordered since there was very little left on our plates. I had the pulled pork sandwich and thought it was very good. Service was ordered at the counter and then brought out. I would recommend this place.