1,952 results
All reviews thomas circle rooftop pool spiral shower wine hour zentan restaurant front desk pool closes soaking tub white house chocolate covered strawberries yoga mat bottle of champagne logan circle mini bar boutique hotel king suite water pressure
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Arrived pre check in and was very impressed with how personable and accommodating the staff was. Our first night was A+ service without question from the front desk. Sadly when going to the rooftop at 11pm we were informed by the door man that they were done for the night. I had been informed that last call was given later then this too. None he less I head downstairs for a cocktail and was informed that the bar was closed and that they would not send drinks to our room after 11pm.
The next morning we head down for breakfast and are informed that they don't serve mixed drinks until 5pm. Humm vacation bloody Mary's seem to go hand in hand unless your at the Donavan. We opted to skip dining at the hotel and went in search of offerings elsewhere. (Please note that they never restocked the mini bar)
Sunday being our check out day we just decided to make bloody Mary's in our room and have breakfast at the hotel. I requested ice to the room and never received it, we then went to the restaurant and found ourselves standing and simply waiting for someone to seat us. Now we were asked if we needed a table twice both times they never returned to seat us.
I informed the front desk that the ice was never delivered and to cancel it. Further more we would be dining elsewhere since we could not get seated in their restaurant when there was less the 10 tables dining.
Overall the property was nothing more than average.
Service was lacking outside the front desk, rooms offered were nothing special and in general the property did not represent their rates.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Peter D, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Barbara M,

We missed the mark with your stay. Please allow me to be the first to apologize that your expectations were not met. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly so we can discuss further. I am completely open to hearing all of your feedback to ensure we can make the proper corrections. My email is peter.diorio@kimptonhotels.com

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Hotel itself is a bit tired, but comfortable enough.
Staff could not be more helpful or pleasant.
Bar is a bit dear but it is in the middle of a big city.
Location wise it is an easy 10 minute walk to the White House and about a further 15 minutes to the museums and Art galleries.
Hotel has nice touch of serving wine in the lobby (free) which gave an opportunity to meet other guests.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the roads at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Hugh B,

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff. We do our best to recruit people for their personality and let the rest come naturally. Seems like we got that right a few times! And yes, our location is excellent which we embrace fully. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

If you need to be in DC for the big convention center we like staying here. The location is walking distance to the DC convention center, and very convenient for all DC area activities. Hotel was clean and well appointed with a modern/Asian feel. We were very happy with this choice and glad to get out of the hub-bub of the convention center.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Lynne F,

I am happy that you were happy with your hotel selection! The convention center area can certainly become congested so I agree that we are situated in a prime area. Hopefully you have the chance to return to DC soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

We spent 4 nites here and had a wonderful time. The staff at Kimpton properties are always helpful. From the doorman to the front desk to the house keeping staff. Thanks for great service. The room was large, bright and very well maintained. We had a King overlooking Dupont Circle. The shower was a bit "odd" in that it looked like it came out of a James Bond movie, but it was usable, clean, and well stocked. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Go for an exterior view if available at a reasonable price it really is wonderful to be able to watch Dupont Circle
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Peter D, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Jim_the_food_guy,

First I must say that I think your username is great. I am a foodie myself and always happy to provide recommendations around DC. But I digress! Our showers absolutely have a unique design and most importantly, I am thrilled that you found the service was up to par.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

I recently stayed for one night at The Donovan - A Kimpton Hotel. The hotel is only a 10-15 minute cab ride from Union Station. Check-in was very easy (late at night). The room was quite nice...the king bed extremely comfortable and my preference for foam pillows was honored. The room was quiet (not much in the way of doors slamming and I heard no noise from my neighbors) and the HVAC kept the room at a very comfortable temperature. The bathroom was adequate, although the shower was quite small but with plenty of hot water and water pressure. I chose The Donovan because of the Kimpton reputation as well as the location of the hotel to my business meeting just a few blocks away. There was a CVS across the street and a Starbucks only a block away. Location was great, hotel room very comfortable and I will certainly stay here again when I have meetings in the K Street area.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank tlh02

tlh02,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We believe we are a great DC hotel too and we are very aware of the competition out there. Hopefully are trade secrets don't leak...

Look forward to hosting you again!