All reviews m club illy coffee business wing concierge lounge foggy bottom huge tv elite member lobby restaurant nice gym lobby level attended a conference bathroom door self park front desk staff exercise room stayed here for one night walking distance
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Overall nice hotel and very good service. My hotel bathroom had a horrible sewer gas smell. I told the front desk and the maid seemed to just spray air freshener. My room bathroom clearly has some kind of plumbing issue. Overall it was very clean and looked nice but the bathroom smell was horrible. Room number 467. My associate stayed on the same floor and had no issue with her room.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Carl,
Thank you for the great comments about our amazing hotel and service. We do want to apologize for not resolving the maintenance issues with your bathroom while you were still here with us and for the inconvenience this caused you. Your concerns have been shared with our maintenance team to have this fixed immediately. Thank you for letting us know and we hope you will choose us again in the future for an outstanding experience.

Shelly D.
Manager

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

The sense of professionalism strikes one as you enter. Staff are friendly and clearly well trained.

The rooms are well appointed. The lobby is centred around a large open bar. Inviting and a fun place to socialise.

There is a M Lounge as a executive lounge. And a nice gym.

The neighbourhood has a number of small independent restaurants in the area and is accessible to the subway.

Only good things to say......

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Michael M,

It was an absolute delight having you as our guest at the Washington Marriott Georgetown. We believe a well-equipped room along with the amazing service and facilities sets the tone for a wonderful visit, and we are thoroughly excited to know this was your experience. We look forward to hosting you again whenever you return to this city!

Shelly D.
Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I was at this hotel for a three-day conference. I started out in a room on the 8th floor - with a king bed. It was a large room. There was no view to speak of. The shower (no bathtub) was large and the water pressure was good. The bed was comfortable.

I had a friend who lives in VA who decided it would be easier to stay at the conference hotel than to commute. I requested a different room where we could get double beds. The hotel accommodated us. The new room was on the 4th floor. The room felt smaller (perhaps because of the double beds???) and I am certain the bathroom was smaller. The good news was that the sink was outside of the bathroom so that one of us could be putting on makeup while the other was showering.

The beds were comfortable. The thermostat worked well in both rooms. I never turned on the television, but it was quite large. There were plenty of plugs for all of our electronics.

The hotel is located near lots of sights. It is about 4 or 6 blocks away from the nearest Metro stop - That was a bit of a pain.

Room Tip: My first room was right across from the ice machine and close to the elevators. I worried about noise, but there was no problem at all.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Donna F,

On behalf of our staff, thank you for the terrific review! We are pleased that we could provide you with a gratifying stay and we appreciate your generous comments. All of us at the Washington Marriott Georgetown look forward to having you visit with us again.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

As a picky business traveler, location & amenities keep me happy! This location is awesome! I'm a daily runner, so if you make your way to 21st street and run straight down, you hit the Mall and all the monuments. D.C. is a running town, so it's so cool to get out early in the morning and see all the runners and activity.

The M lounge is top notch. The food selection is awesome, and I truly believe this is the fanciest coffee machine I have ever seen. My only disappointment is that they put away all the food and snacks. I thought with the M Lounge, they are supposed to keep some aspect of it 24-hours a day.

The rooms are newly renovated. It is a large property, so the elevators can be a little slow, but the rooms and beds are perfect.

The service is also top-notch! The front desk is cordial and attentive.

I always look forward to my stays here (when the rates are right).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank carriej11
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear carriej11,

Thank you for being a guest at our hotel and for sharing your views with others. It was delightful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Washington Marriott Georgetown. We love to make our guests feel at home, so it is wonderful to know that we accomplished that goal. Thanks again for your terrific comments, and we can’t wait to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I want visitors to Marriott properties that offer the Fresh Bites menu to know how good this program is.
You fill out a firm and gang it on your door the night before.
You specify the time you want the meal delivered and on time you will receive a bag of really tasty, fresh food and drinks.
Cydia to Marriott for this brilliant innovation to room service

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Director of Hotel Operations at Washington Marriott Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Frederick,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel for your trip to Washington D.C. and sharing with other travelers how much you enjoyed our Fresh Bites dining option. We always deliver fresh, delicious cuisine right to your door for an in-room private experience with ease and for your convenience. Thanks for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back for a future visit.