4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$370
Hotels.comUS$370
PricelineUS$370
JW MarriottUS$370
TravelocityUS$370
eDreamsUS$370
3,610 results
All reviews white house great location the concierge lounge within walking distance national mall smithsonian museums room service per night lincoln memorial king bed sight seeing elevator lobby metro valet convention garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021

Heading to a conference I added a pre-night at the JW. Very nice spacious rooms, great location and the service was excellent. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for three more nights after this one, and I have to say, even though my room was standard, the amentias, finishes, and look and feel was classier. I'm a Marriot Titanium, so I'm not looking to switch. I just hope Marriot takes notice and upgrades.

Date of stay: August 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2021

Because many people are traveling with kids, I thought you'd like to hear what kids think of the hotel:
William, 9 years old, from Kansas City: "The JW Marriott is a great hotel. It’s so close to the Mall that you can see the Washington Monument and walk to all of the monuments. We were even so close to the White House that we saw the Presidential Motorcade leave the White House from our room. It is a very nice hotel and is kid friendly. I hope you stay there, I think you’ll like it."

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Arriving in Washington, DC this property is close to the airport and it’s an inexpensive taxi ride. The location is excellent if you wanted to visit the major tourist attractions like the Washington Monument, US Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, White House, and both the National Museum of African American History & Culture, and the US Holocaust Memorial Museum. All of those are within walking distance if you like walking or a short Uber ride. US Capitol Update: Fences were taken down but you still could not go into the US Capitol at the time of this writing. Tip: Rent bikes and tour the National Mall on 2 wheels!

The front desk was friendly and professional. They immediately recognized my Bonvoy Gold Elite membership and upgraded us to the 9th floor with a great view of Pennsylvania Ave and the surrounding Federal buildings. They also was very courteous regarding my late checkout request.

The room was standard size with 2 double beds, table, lounge chair, and HDTV. The bathroom was standard size with bathtub and great shower. The beds were comfortable and the pillows a little soft and frumpy.

The hotel is walking distance to a good selection of restaurants from kid friendly to formal. During our stay they had blocked off the adjacent hotel for an important dignitary visit. The Metro station was a less than 10 minute walk which you can easily take to go anywhere in the city.

At the time of our stay, the most amenities like the 1331 Bar was open, and the cafe was available for breakfast. There was even a Starbucks at the lobby… :)

OverallI would recommend staying here especially if you are traveling with kids that are ready to enjoy what Washington, DC had to offer from an educational perspective.

Room tip: Book museums way in advance since it was difficult to get into!
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WTravelerSeattle
Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

Amazing location to explore the mall and major sights. And Wow!!! What a view!!!! The hotel itself is good/great. Rooms are clean, comfortable nice and well maintained but not necessarily anything special - until you add the Mall/Monument view! Stayed here on the 4th of July to give our kids a front row view of the fireworks and it was amazing!!!!! Worth every penny to upgrade to a monument view. On-site dining options / room service menses were limited so we had UberEats deliver BBQ and enjoyed our 4th out of the crowds & chaos. Staff is great and super helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2021

The monument view room we had on the 8th floor was really nice! A great view every morning to soak in. The location was outstanding. My daughter and I walked to everything we wanted to do. This is very close to the White House, to our Segway Tour, to the Washington and Lincoln Memorial and so many things in between. Great restaurants close by as well. We also hoofed it to the Wharf, the Capital, the International Spy Museum and the Bible Museum, which were longer walks, but very do-able.

Room service was very efficient and timely and the food was good, though the menu options were limited.

Date of stay: June 2021