US$158
US$132
  • Pool
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$164
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$238
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$274/night.

State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$184/night.

Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$171
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$148
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$194
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$122
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

One Washington Circle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

All reviewsrooftop poolhotel helixpremier spa suitefront deskpool closeswine hourexecutive kingwhole foodshuge tvlogan circlebody washlots of great restaurantsspecial thanksgreat boutiquecity viewwalking distancefavorite hotel
Reviewed 16 May 2018

The Mason and Rook is a great boutique hotel in the heart of DC. It is a little far from the metro (Dupont Circle-Red line; or Farrugut West-Blue or Orange line). However, for someone like me, who likes to walk, it is an ideal location. Around the corner on 14th Street or on nearby P Street, there is every possible kind of restaurant--Thai, Italian, Japanese and of course American. The residential areas nearby are beautiful to explore with many elegant homes built in the late 19th or early 20th centuries. All around on the bigger streets there are also stately churches, monuments and embassies.

The staff at the hotel couldn't be nicer. They really made me feel like they cared about me. One day when it was drizzling as I left the hotel they offered to get me a taxi. I explained that I didn't mind and planned to walk to the metro. Right away they offered to lend me a hotel umbrella. When I came back in the evenings, if they were still doing the

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor. It's always great to hear that our guests are exploring all that 14th street has to offer. Being in such an eclectic neighborhood is such a huge benefit. So, we're always excited to welcome our guests. Come see us again soon. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

From my engaging checkin with Danny-boy to my impressive meeting event with an impromptu lunch for 23 through Chuck- this place is awesome!!! The staff has gone above and beyond! Plus, I was able to get a little puppy love in the elevator this am with a furry dog guest, can’t beat that!!! I highly recommend a stay at Mason and Rook.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dawn W

Thanks so much for the review. I can't wait to share it with Dannyboy, Chuck, and the rest of the team. Those guys are amazing and we're lucky to have them. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

The entire family enjoyed our short stay at this hotel. Checking in very fast and easy. Valet parking only, but they were also very efficient when car was requested. Hotel had modern decor and everything was clean and well maintained. Our room had a king bed and a 65 inch tv. Our room had no view as we were in the back of the bldg., on a + it was very quiet.
The room was really nice, clean. We did not go to the on-site restaurant, but it is always nice to be able to eat in your hotel. There is a rooftop bar and pool. We went there after dinner for a nightcap and it was absolutely wonderful. Get nighttime views of our Nations capital
It was 90 degrees during the and up on the roof there was a refreshing breeze. Fresh squeezed fruit for mixed drinks. Throughly enjoyable. We both thought it would be nice to go back to the Mason and Rook. Staff we did speak to were all very nice friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks so much for this fantastic review. I'm glad you enjoyed the room. The TVs are insanely big. But, we love them and our guests seem to, as well. Whenever we have nice weather nothing beats the views up on the rooftop. It's great you were able to make your way up there for a cocktail. Come see us again soon. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is so overpriced for it offers. It is basically a super old condo building that is turned into a hotel.
The hallways and elevators smell like fish or wet dog all the time. The staff is super inexperienced and there is no sense of customer service in this hotel.
The rooms are dirty and smelly, we found blood and hair on our sheets.
I don’t recommend it to anyone traveling to DC. There are definitely higher quality hotels with better service at this price range.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
DontePJohnson, General Manager at Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for sharing some feedback about your stay with us. It sounds like we dropped the ball in some key areas during your visit. We appreciate the opportunity to make corrections. These oversights are not typical and fall well short of the experience we pride ourselves on delivering to our guests. We're very sorry about this and would love to have you back at the hotel next time you're in Washington.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

If any of you are keeping track, 5th Kimpton in as many weeks. When I visited the previous Kimpton's, I would ask the front desk clerk, which was their favorite DC Kimpton. Without fail, they all told be to stay at the Mason & Rook.

Traveling in DC, hotel prices can fluctuate greatly depending on how many people are visiting the city. Mason & Rook has been over my budget... until this week!!

In the wonderful eclectic style of Kimpton, I had a great experience. Once again, walking in the door, I was handed a glass of wine. Reminded me of traveling through the great hotels of SE Asia. At the front desk, Dannyboy, yes that is his name, made me feel like that we had been great pals for many years!! Dannyboy was very friendly, very accommodating. He is a very positive man is perfect for his job. At the front desk, Dannyboy, yes that is his name, made me feel like that we had been great pals for many years!! Dannyboy was very friendly, accommodating. He instantly acknowledge my Spire status and told me that a corner suite was available as a free upgrade. Of any hotels that I have stayed with suites, the Mason & Rook corner suites are very nice and perfect size. One and a half baths, with beautiful marble and appointments. The shower was the right sized and very nice with glass doors.

The first floor restaurant has a great menu and great bartenders. My stay was the first nice week in DC temperature wise. The restaurant has a very large outdoor dining area, with good views to Rhode Island Avenue.

The roof top bar is now open. Great sounds and smells from the wonderful 14th Street restaurants. The roof top has a nice small pool. The bartender was wonderful. Very cheerful, great smile and she knows how to make drinks. Once criticism is the chairs with short backs are not very comfortable. I chose to sit on a lounge chair.

When the price is right, I want to come back and stay at the Mason & Rook,

Room Tip: Corner suites facing Rhode Island Avenue
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill S

Wow, what an amazing review! It's great to hear that the folks at the other Kimptons in DC are showing us love. We've got some phenomenal hotels in the city. So, it's great to be among the faves. I cannot wait to show this to Dannyboy! He's the absolute best and we're lucky to have him. Come see us again soon. We'd love to have you back.