2,858 results
All reviews air and space museum national mall train tracks l'enfant plaza capitol bistro smithsonian museums rooftop pool great location same block within walking distance government buildings capitol building breakfast buffet cvs pharmacy parking garage hotel restaurant light sleeper
Reviewed 14 July 2015

We stayed in this hotel for our July 4 vacation. The hotel tries very hard to make sure their guests are happy. All of the employees were very nice and I guess we were on the side of the hotel without the train noise because I never heard it at night. The hotel pool is wonderful on the rooftop and the gym is exceptionally clean. I recommend this hotel without hesitation. I feel like my review would be more helpful if I gave you some tips for your stay.. First off, it was an easy train ride from the Reagan Airport. We bought a metro card that costs $10 that we were able to add funds to. The walk is less then 5 minutes to the hotel from the train station if you use the correct exit, we walked out the wrong exit once and we were completely lost. Ask someone to point you to the correct exit. There is a CVS drugstore next door that is overpriced and has very limited hours but we found very useful. There is also a McDonalds down the street. In addition to walking, we used Uber for the first time as our way to get around this city. It always took less than 5 minutes for them to get there and they were so much less expensive then a cab. I could not believe how easy it was. I loved the fact I did not need cash or have to worry about tipping. A restaurant that we walked about 15 minutes to was called Penn Quarter Sports Tavern. It was near the National Archives museum. The food there was very good. There is also a sandwich shop next door to it that was pretty good. We took an Uber to a pizza place called H&pizza ; we absolutely loved it. It is way too far to walk. They had a dessert pizza that was delicious. Perhaps it was because we visited the city during the July 4 holiday but we could not get into any restaurants we wanted to try. I would recommend making reservations before your trip because all the restaurants recommended on TripAdvisor were booked. This hotel is a perfect location for a visit on July 4. Unfortunately, right now most of the mall’s grass area is under construction so seating was limited and crowded. The concert is in front of the Capitol, but we did not want to get there as early as recommended so we watched the fireworks by the Washington Monument. I wish we had watched them in front of the Lincoln Memorial or in front of the capitol because the view would have been better. My family is not willing to sit somewhere more then an hour to wait for fireworks. If you do go by the Washington Monument, bring a shower curtain to sit on if the grass is damp. Food and drinks are not available, so bring them with you to make time pass faster. You can buy Big Bus and Old Towne Trolley tickets in the hotel gift shop. They were sold out so we could not use them. Call the hotel to buy them early if you are visiting during a busy time. We saw a lot more Big Bus’ around when we were walking so I would have used them, if they had not been sold out. We ended up taking a direct metro train to Arlington and it was a short walk to the cemetery. I hope these tips make your trip easier when you stay at this property.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
11  Thank GTechMom
Zack W, Social Media Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

GTechMom,

Wow! Thank you for the extremely detailed review! I'm glad that you are willing to help your fellow travelers with tips and tricks for the area.

I appreciate you choosing us for your stay in Washington DC. I'm glad that your stay was excellent and that you enjoyed the numerous amenities we offer. Your feedback is invaluable to both us and everyone that reads your review, and I hope that you would choose to stay with us again if you ever returned to Washington.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a family trip to DC. We were very pleased with the room and location of the hotel. We were two short blocks from the National Mall and about 200 yards from the Air and Space Museum.

The hotel was comfortable with a good-sized room (2 queen beds) and a nice (though small) rooftop pool.

The hotel had a buffet (Capital Bistro) and a restaurant/bar (21st Amendment). We ate at the buffet for breakfast (good basic food - but a little expensive) and at the restaurant (good quality at a fair price - good children's menu).

The service at the hotel was solid and overall the experience was positive,

The location of the hotel (on the south side of the mall) was excellent for access to the mall and the attractions, however, there was a noticeable lack of eating options close by. There was a group of surprisingly good food trucks parked near by and we brought back to the room a some very good gyros one day.

The north side of the mall (within about a 10 -15 minute walk) had the vast majority of restaurants. However, the lodging options were much more expensive and none had a pool.

Overall, we made an excellent choice in picking the Holiday Inn and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve N

Steve,

Thank you for choosing us for your family trip to the nation's capital. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room, the amenities, and the location. I am pleased to read your review, and I know that your fellow travelers will appreciate it as well. If you ever return to Washington DC we hope you and your family will stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Stayed for 4 nights with my husband and two girls under 10. We were very close to the majority of the Smithsonian Institutions and the metro. Customer Service wasn't al that great when we checked in but overall the rooms were decent and clean.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms that face the train tracks at the Amtrak Station (Union Station)
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank EFieldsBunch62
Zack W, Social Media Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Washington DC and for writing a review for your fellow travelers to see. I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms and the location of the property. Should you return to Washington, we hope to see you once more at the Holiday Inn Capitol!

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

This hotel is one block away from the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and 2 blocks away from L'Enfant subway station. Staff is friendly and they can store your bags before check in or after check out. it also has a Starbucks in the corner of the same building, a CVS and a McDonalds on the same block.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pablo M

Pablo,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Washington. I'm glad our location was convenient and that our staff provided excellent service during your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again if you are ever in Washington.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

My room was clean and extremely comfortable. The air conditioning was wonderful and most necessary in July. The bed was so comfy. Staff members were courteous and helpful. Our bathroom was well stocked with towels and toiletries. This location is not too far from Reagen International Airport and convenient for sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank EdnaU_13
Zack W, Social Media Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Edna,

Thank you for visiting us in Washington DC and for taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that the rooms were comfortable and that our staff was attentive to your needs. Please consider staying with us again should you ever return to Washington.