2,056 results
All reviews library of congress capitol hill supreme court eastern market second building main building great location catholic church continental breakfast within walking distance quiet neighborhood small kitchenette metro stop yogurt national mall wine hour pennsylvania avenue
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I just checked in; this remains my favorite hotel in DC. Customer service is always exceptional; suite is large, clean and so comfortable. I only regret my flight arrived too late to grab a glass of wine in the beautiful library off the lobby.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Phillip M, Assistant General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Stephanie L,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! My team members have always done a great job with welcoming and recognizing our frequent guests. I am so sorry to hear that you missed one of the most popular hotel amenity: the evening wine hour!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

On my most recent trip tp Washington DC I stayed at the Capitol Hill Hotel. The location is very good close to union station and all the Bussiness meetings that I had to attend in the area. The rooms are huge and comfortable although were a little dark inside. Two large beds and a large walk-in closet. The staff were very friendly and efficient. A free breakfast was included with coffe and cookies available in the evening.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Phillip M, Assistant General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hello Tom H,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! I am glad to hear that we were able to meet all of your business needs. Next time you are here and you need more lighting for work, please do not hesitate to reach out to the reception team. We are always available to make sure we can get what you need.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

If you are visiting the Capitol, Supreme Court and Library of Congress this is about as close as you can get, literally 2 or 3 blocks away. The staff is very nice and they offer a free breakfast as well as happy hour wine and cookies. The hotel itself feels older and a bit tired although with a contemporary facelift. The bed was comfortable but it was a little noisy in the morning. For the price though, a very good value and I would recommend it for a short visit.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeffrey t

Hello jeffrey t,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! I'd love to get a chance to chat with you about your recent stay with us. When you get a moment - please contact me at my direct line 202-448-2082 to discuss further regarding your stay at my hotel - or shoot me an email with the best contact number and I can give you a call.

Talk soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

This is a great property very close to The Capitol and a Metro Station where you can connect with the Orange, Blue and Silver lines.

Besides very comfortable accommodations some that include a kitchenette or a full kitchen. For a nominal fee the hotel has morning snacks in the Library, coffee, tea and water there all day and a daily wine hour starting at 5 PM. This also includes a 24 hr. fitness center and use of their bicycles.

They have a very friendly and knowledgeable staff and you're in a perfect location to explore our nation's capitol.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Phillip M, Assistant General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello Globewalker73,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! I am glad that you were able to make the most of our hotel's location and amenities. Our daily facilities fee covers everything from wine hour, to-go snacks in the morning, fitness center, business center, rental of our Republic bicycles, and all-day coffee, tea, and fruit-infused water in our Library.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I was in D.C. for a conference near the Capitol and also needed to make legislative visits. Room, breakfast and all staff were excellent. Room had kitchenette with table separated from sleeping area with large walk-in closet. Doorman gave me good suggestions for nearby eateries. Capital South Metro stop within 2.5 blocks and used that for daytrips but took taxi back to Reagan AP since I had a heavy bag due to traveling for 2 weeks. It was only $16.00 which seems very reasonable to me compared to local prices. Uber available but I don't use it yet.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dmoore1808
Phillip M, Assistant General Manager at Capitol Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hello dmoore1808,

Thank you for making the time to share your feedback! Our team members are all very knowledgeable of the local area. We are one block away from Pennsylvania Avenue that has many restaurants ranging from all types of cuisines. Also being only a block away from Capitol South Metro stop makes it easy for everybody to not only experience our neighborhood but also get to anywhere in D.C.