“Happy hour at Frankling Square”
Review of Toro Toro

Toro Toro
Reserve with OpenTable
Toro Toro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 3,484 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$8 - US$55
Cuisines: Latin, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Toro Toro offers a twist on the contemporary tapas experience, blending Pan Latin flavors and creative sharing plates. The Acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval has brought his latest concept all the way from Dubai to the nation's capital. Guests can anticipate a spin on South and Central American ingredients and flavors through a variety of hot and cold small plates including arepas, ceviche and savory sweets all meant for sharing. Parties will also be able to enjoy Toro Toro's unlimited tapas experience, with endless eats and the option of free-flowing cocktails. An extensive buffet will take center stage every Saturday and Sunday during the restaurant bottomless brunch.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyed the fresh tacos and nachos while sitting at the bar. Great drinks and cold beer for the 1st nice night in DC in 2018. Will be back for more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

this place is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious tapas and drinks later at night the have a dj in the first floor of the place playing music must get there early the place get full we have a good time thank you to Arnaldo He was our waiter very friendly if you go to Washington and looking for Spanish place this is the place

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Recently went here with my boyfriend as it was the only thing open serving food in the area. We LOVED it. The nachos were GREAT. Drinks & tacos were good also, but the nachos were out of this world. Moderately priced for as fancy as it looks!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As I descended into the lower level gathering space I had visions of my college fraternity basement. The sticky floor added to the flashback. With a Caipirinha with a healthy dose of cachaça in hand I was also reminded of São Paolo. The waiter showed us why the floor was so sticky as he spilled a Caipirinha on several people. Once the room filled with gathering groups, it was too noisy to hear my business colleagues.

ToroToroDC, General Manager at Toro Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the review. I hope that visions of your college fraternity was​ a good thing. I do apologize about the sticky floor.
Igor
GM

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped in for a light dinner. We were pleasantly surprised by the extensive tapas menu. Our group tried the yuca fries, shrimp & steak tacos, and tuna ceviche. All were excellent! Our server was very friendly and the food came out quickly. One of the managers, Joseph stopped by our table to check on us, he too was very friendly and helpful.

We decided to experience the outdoor dining, a great decision as the music inside was quite loud.

Doris,
Thank you for the review. I am glad that you enjoyed our food.
I noticed that you too mentioned how our music was a bit loud. I will look into that. Sorry about it.
Igor