All reviews giant grocery store fire pit rooftop deck the penthouse sitting area indoor pool hotel is modern top floor metro station u street the sofa bed valet parking uber ride restaurant staff national mall mini fridge front desk staff
Reviewed 28 August 2016

My family and I were supposed to be in Washington from 6-9 at the start of our road trip. However, we had requested a tour of the White House through our Embassy and they contacted us on the afternoon of the 8th to confirm the tour. We were staying in a private house (we rented via Trip Advisor) but the owner told us she was expecting another guest so we searched quickly and found Cambria which was not too far away from the White House as we had to arrive at 7:45 am the next morning. the hotel was very clean (it actually looks new), our room was spacious and our sons loved it. our sons went to the pool and we went to the gym (next door). There is a lovely roof deck where one can quietly lounge after a long day of sightseeing. There's a Starbucks next door to the hotel and restaurants and a supermarket just around the corner.
There were a few things which we believe need addressing here: 1- the fixtures in the room - the knobs on the furniture and the rack to hang your towels in the bathroom were not properly secured and came off. it reminded us of Ikea furniture which one can assemble but the screws never seem to be tight enough.
Secondly, at breakfast, there was 1 chef with 2 burner stove preparing omelettes. So we waited 30 minutes before my hubby got his and mine was still to be done, I cancelled the order. if you want eggs done differently you can get them from the kitchen but the chef should have informed someone how many he had to do and request help.
Finally, the cost for valet parking - we get that we are in the country's capital and that parking is limited but $45 for valet parking? I guess that with limited available parking, people had no choice.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pajeh
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Washington, D.C. Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Pajeh,

Our team strives to provide a pleasant stay. We thank you for taking the time to write a review as your feedback is helpful in obtaining this goal. I was sorry to hear that our fixtures were not to your liking and I sincerely regret your experience at breakfast. I appreciate you choosing our hotel while in the area and we hope to see you again on a return visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Well what I thought was going to be another normal but boring hotel experience ended up being on of the absolutely The location is perfect, its near all the hotspots of DC. Its about five minutes from the national mall. Theres a ton of good resturants in the area and good bars as well.. The staff is absolutely amazing. The girl at the front desk Alex was amazing. She was so polite and very nice. She helped me with all my needs at the hotel. The other staff is amazing as well. The rooms were perfect for a 4 star hotel. I was very happy while I stayed at the hotel. And price wise they are outstanding. I greatly recommend this hotel if your looking to stay in DC. This will be my preferred hotel everytime I'm in DC Now.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Washington, D.C. Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Dear nickshock,

I’m thrilled to learn we were well suited to your travel needs; thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to know you enjoyed our service and location. We appreciate your recommendation, but of course the highest form of praise would be your return!

Best,

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We recently stayed at the Cambria Suites for a college visit and some sightseeing. This hotel was beautifully decorated, very modern. The room we stayed in on the 7th floor was very clean. I could walk around barefoot in the room and not worry or lay on the bed without thinking twice. I really hate hotels that feel less clean than my own house. Safety was a priority for them as you have to use your room key to push the button on the elevator to get to the rooms. Every staff member from housekeeping to the valet to the front desk was very nice and accommodating. Valet parking was $38 a day but well worth it. The part we really liked is that there's a Giant grocery store right across the street. After eating a late lunch and sightseeing all day we were exhausted and actually picked up some deli things at the grocery store twice, as well as water because the temp was 95 degrees. The hotel and our room stayed nice and cool the whole time. There was a frig in our room and a microwave downstairs by the lobby for people to use. I also needed to print some passes and the computer/printer was no charge to use in the lobby as well.

The day we were supposed to leave to head back to Wisconsin we went down to check the car and there was a flat tire. A HUGE shout out to Alain, who put our spare on for us so that we could drive to Mac's 24 hour Tire Repair which was just a few minutes away. That was the most stressful part of our day and Alain took that stress away. I would most definitely stay here again. The only downside is that I'd like to be about 6-7 blocks closer to the museums, etc but the metro station was only 2 blocks away.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank hoagie67
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Washington, D.C. Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear hoagie67,

We are so appreciative of your kind review. It is rewarding to know that you enjoyed our modern room and friendly service. Your remarks serve as encouragement to our team who strive to provide a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are glad you made it home safe. Please visit us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

The costumer service at this hotel was outstanding! Checking in was fast and easy. Dru the manager at the time hand written a birthday card and surprise me with a bottle of wine, when I arrived in the room. ( It was my birthday). The room was very clean and spacious. There is a supermarket directly across from the hotel. The hotel is only 3 blocks from the metro. The front desk staff are amazing, every time I had a question regarding how to get to a location they were ready to give me the directions. Thank you Cambria for making my birthday week amazing and my first D.C experience the best. (Milly)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear militzaech,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your review serves as encouragement towards achieving our goal of providing the best accommodations and service. Your kind words let us know the efforts across all departments are being noticed. We are humbled by your recognition and hope to be your hotel of choice for all birthday visits.

Best,

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We used this hotel because we thought it was close to the Verizon Center where Barbra Streisand had a performance.. it is still new, clean, upscale and tastefully decorated. I talked to the assistant general manager about my disappointmeets in their communications. We had requested a room for walking handicapped, and were shown a hearing handicapped room originally. The handicapped equipped bathroom grab bars fell off as they had not been tightened. The phones were set to the softestbsounds. All these things were corrected as son as they were made obviously aware. We were pleasantly pleased that the wheelchair that we rented was waiting and ready for us. We were even more pleased with the complimentary breakfast we were given for all our travails. The room was neat, clean, had a microwave and small fridge. I could watch my favorite science fiction in one room while my wife slept in the other. Over all we were pleased with the amenities, the quick corrections of problems, and the courteousNess of staff.

Room Tip: The little restaurant has a little menu but responds well to allergy requests. There is noisy construction next door.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear RavAsher,

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. I appreciate your bringing our initial lapses to our attention and giving us the opportunity to make things right. Thank you for your compliments regarding our amenities & service. We appreciate your patronage and hope to host you again.