3,464 results
All reviews white house le bar lafayette square luxury room room service ebbitt grill city view turn down service excellent location corner room two blocks bed was very comfortable concierge desk mini bar hotel bar wonderful hotel national mall
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in Presidential Suite at Sofitel while on vacation with family. Hotel suite was very large but very dated. Plus, we had some issues with one of the toilets but nothing major. My family of 5 fit very well in the suite. The location of the hotel was good as we were a short walk or Uber to everywhere we wanted to go. Bonus was a nice ice cream shop just up the road for a nightly treat after mikes if walking. Good value. Clean hotel.

Stayed: July 2018
KarlaE429, General Manager at Sofitel Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Anisha for taking the time to leave a review. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

I am so glad to hear that you found our location to be convenient and that you found that your family was properly accommodated in your suite. I am also very happy to hear that you found the hotel to be clean.

Thank you again for leaving a review and I do hope you come visit us again soon!

Merci!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a lovely hotel to end our four week trip to the USA, we stayed here for 3 nights. The room was perfect, staff were very attentive and helpful and the location was amazing, within walking distance to many of the attractions in Washington. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you 57Babs57 for leaving such a lovely review. We love to receive feedback and it is always great to see ones such as yours.

I am delighted to hear that your found your room to be perfect and our team to be very attentive and helpful. We are definitely honored you picked us to wrap up your trip.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. We'll anxiously anticipate your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter and I travel quite often and this was a last minute trip when she was invited to Congress to speak. Last minute reservation made on the road and we loved the place. The room was wonderful. I did get a ticket in the mail for speeding - valet had taken my car for parking for the entire stay - so they would have been the one driving it.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Thank you waywardatthebeach for leaving a review. We always appreciate comments from guests about their stay.

Wow that is such an honor that you picked our hotel for your last minute trip and I am delighted to hear that you "loved the place". I am really sorry to hear about the parking ticket. Please reach out to this email: Onyinye.ijeh@sofitel.com so that we can figure out a refund for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and I do hope you pick us again for another last minute trip, and I hope your daughter's speech at Congress went well!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Bruna Nelson (Director of Group Sales) is a super star! Assisting with organizing and re-organizing our meeting rooms, fabulous transportation, and expanding room requests for our very fluid business event in WDC. The accommodations were excellent, but it was the professionism of Bruna and her staff that made our event run smoothly despite all the changes. Thank you so much Bruna, the front desk managers, and her transportation wizard, Cynthia Vanzandt. We shall return next year!

Room Tip: I stayed on two different floors and both were quiet as a mouse.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you davisbeverly42 for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

I am delighted to hear that you loved our Groups' team and that you found the accommodations to be excellent, as well as the fact that you liked the professionalism of our team. We agree, Bruna is a super star and I will pass on this message to her and let her know. I will also pass on your comments to Cynthia, the wizard.

Thank you again for such a lovely review. and we will anticipate you return

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is a tough review to write. The combination of location and price was the reason for this choice. We stayed 2 nights at a King suite. The room was appropriately upscale, well furnished, and appeared to have been renovated within the last few years. What we did not appreciate was the front desk attitude. While there was nothing terribly wrong, the approach was quite robotic. We had great difficulty getting back into the room our last day, when we were given late checkout and yet we could not get into the room. The front desk's reply is basically, "it is automatic that you are locked out". The second point is the residence fee. My issue about residence fee is that it is borderline dishonest. To me, there is only one reason to add on a residence fee. By adding on a residence fee, the hotel looks cheaper to search engines. Say what you want, but it is to appear to have a low price when the price is actually higher. I would have no issue if you included it in the quoted price, but don't tell me it is a city tax, or city fee.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family