Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle
US$167
US$149
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$154
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

US$102
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

The River Inn(Washington DC)
US$137
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

US$172
US$164
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
US$166
US$161
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$177
US$164
  • Restaurant
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$106
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$192
US$171
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

Kimpton George Hotel(Washington DC)
US$208
US$173
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$249/night.

All reviewsdupont circlegreat locationbedroom suitefull kitchenfree breakfastbreakfast barbreakfast staffdecent breakfastparking garagefront desk stafffew blockswould stay here againembassy rowfive minute walkcomfortable roomssitting areahotel location
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for my family of four. We were able to spread out and have some privacy during our week stay. The hotel is well decorated, comfortable and most importantly, very clean! The food at breakfast and evening socials is great! The staff is super friendly and helped us in anything we needed. The hotel is in a very safe area with lots of restaurants and the Metro is only a couple of blocks away. I recommend this hotel for families that need more room than a regular hotel room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tera L, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip to Washington DC. If your travels bring you back to our city, we hope you will come back see us.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We were here for 5 nights, and had a wonderful stay. Walked in to be greeted by Jakir at front desk. He warmly smiled and greeted us.. and we were soon tired from a full day of travel. It was a great welcome into hotel.

Two things were great....one is the breakfast! The food crew was awesome as was the food options! Every day they switch out meats (sausage types, etc). The energy of the service people never waned.
Two, Jakir was there every night. We would come rolling in and there he was. He helped me out with a personal need three times... each time he said something about how our needs were important and that this is like home for us and we deserve what we would get at home. Too cool!! So many people don't lead this way, but Jakir does.

Checking out today, would stay here again in a heartbeat. The room was great and the experience was the same.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Don't be fooled by their competitive week day rates.. and be careful as they have extreme price increases on some days. I was surprised by a close to $600 charge for one night which has been advertised on the app as being in the $175 range. Basically they know the can lull you in for the low Sunday night rate and then pound you for the next night. Keep in mind that these rates are not competitive with other Marriotts.. Several are better and closer to the capital. I am guessing this is owner franchise which is doing this.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Tera L, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Mitch O,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and hope that you enjoyed your stay in Washington, DC!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

For the last ten years this has been my go to hotel in DC when I visit my friends. The staff has been great. Most of the time the staff has even called me by name. They have acknowledged my elite status. The rooms have been great. I’ve raved to my friends about this hotel and how great it has been.

This trip was different and it is evident that the staff has turned over or under new management. I’ve expected the hotel to age but it has deteriorated in the last six months. Upon arrival there was a distinct odor in the lobby. Usually the lobby was clean. I was greeted by Angela. She had my room ready. I questioned my rate and asked her to charge my card that I booked with. She said they couldn’t do that. Not a big deal. She never verified my rate. I asked her if there were any lower rates. She advised me that she couldn’t do that. Previously when I have stayed, the staff went above and beyond to help. Angela did nothing to help.

My room was on the fourth floor. Room 406. There was another foul odor. The odor smelled like a vinegar cleaning solution in the hallway. It was potent during my entire stay. I understand this is an extended stay hotel but this odor was horrible. I thought I was being picky and did not mention this.

The rooms have deteriorated with no renovation in the last ten years. Carpet is becoming worn in rooms and common areas. Window coverings are deteriorating. This hotel has dated itself. It’s obvious that the cleaning staff has changed with the terrible odors of the hotel.

During my stay the rooms were noisy. You could not only hear people coming and going off the elevator but everything in the neighboring rooms. This continued during my stay.

The staff at breakfast was great. The breakfast is actually excellent with a variety of choices. Staff went out of there way.

Now back to Angela. I did not receive an invoice under my door when I went to check out. When I was leaving, I received the invoice stating my bill was 220 and 246 a night. This was not what I booked for. I booked at a rate of 180 per night. I questioned this. Angela again was not helpful. She told me “there is nothing I can do”. I requested to speak with a manager. She stated to me “they are out for the weekend but you can email them”. I asked to speak with someone in charge. She refused. She offered zero help. Nothing.

With the deterioration of this hotel and the horrible change in staff, I will find another Marriott property to stay at. This hotel does not meet Marriott standards and neither does Angela. Expect a subpar Marriott if you stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ross W
Tera L, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hello RossW,
Please accept my apology for failing to meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott hotels.
If you would like to discuss the billing issues you mentioned in your hotel review, please contact me at the hotel.
Thank you for staying with us and providing useful feedback that we can use as a teachable moment in training our staff. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I made my reservation a few hours before arriving due to a last minute change of plans. I got an excellent rate and hoped that I'd get an upgrade since I was pretty sure that they were going to be very slow that evening.

I got to the hotel shortly before their "evening social" ended. I was checked into exactly what I booked-a standard studio room, no upgrade and no acknowledgement of my top tier status. To add insult to injury, the clerk said my room number out loud. This actually happened twice in 5 days at 2 different Marriott branded hotels and it's a HUGE security issue. When I later pointed this out the clerk said that he didn't think he did but if so, he was sorry.

I actually changed rooms, partly for that reason and partly because the room was too hot, even after turning on the air conditioner, in FEBRUARY....I also didn't like the location close to the elevator. Of course, the 2nd room was the exact same thing, even closer to the elevator. Ugh

The evening social featured frozen pizzas that would have benefited from several more minutes in the oven, salad, some sodas and packaged cookies. Normally these hotels serve beer or wine but none was offered. The attendant was nowhere to be found.

Breakfast in the AM was considerably better and the two men who were taking care of guests and refilling the items were the best staff that I encountered there. One of them whipped up some yummy smoothies and he circulated through the breakfast area offering these to guests.

I did speak with the manager and he apologized for my issues. They also started doing construction before 8:30 in the morning so if you thought you could catch up on some sleep after a long travel day, think again. Not happening. The manager did resolve things favorably for me so for that I can't complain.

The hotel is opposite Kimpton Palomar and near many places to eat. Also, the Dupont Circle metro is 2-3 blocks away so it IS convenient. The hotel has potential, but everyone needs more training in customer service, the Marriott Rewards program and security. This is not a BAD hotel at all, it just isn't all that special. I would not return, there are loads of other, better hotels with similar facilities at similar prices.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Tera L, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Cruisermeg,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Dupont Circle and being a loyal Marriott Rewards Member. We are sorry for the unfortunate incidences that occurred during your stay. Rest assured that this is not the norm and accept our sincerest apology for any inconveniences you encountered.
Upholding our commitment to provide memorable experiences with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Washington.