3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hilton.comUS$263
Expedia.comUS$263
PricelineUS$263
Hotels.comUS$263
FindHotelUS$263
eDreamsUS$263
All reviews rooftop bar arena stage marina view filtered water fire pit national mall free shuttle hyatt house modern hotel diamond member bars and restaurants amazing hotel free breakfast oatmeal love this hotel enjoyed my stay valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2021

We stayed in Jan 2020 for a very pleasant time. The (Excellent) River View Room was thoughtfully laid out with lots of storage space for 2 large international suitcases. A separate dining area and large separate bathroom were very pleasant to use. Especially liked the vibes of the Washington D.C. wallpaper! Of course, location, location, location is great for the Wharf and also close to central downtown. Breakfast had a few hiccups but overall was a good experience.
But we didn't like the elevator change at the lobby from the lower floors to go up to our rooms. That's two separate elevators each time. At first, it was quirky, but after several times it just became distracting. That's a double exposure for Covid too.

Date of stay: May 2020
Dan Fernandez, General Manager at Canopy By Hilton Washington DC The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

Dear AndraYo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and other travelers. I’m pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our accommodations and location while in town. I appreciate your comments regarding the elevators and I have taken note. There is no better compliment than a return visit, so we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2021

The facility is modern, clean and as-advertised. Employees are super-friendly as well, with several “above-expectations” experiences delivered. Rooms were very clean and we felt safe even in the midst of COVID.

Review collected in partnership with Canopy by Hilton
General Manager, General Manager at Canopy By Hilton Washington DC The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear Michael D,

We appreciate having the opportunity to host you. We aim to provide every guest with a comfortable visit, so it’s wonderful to hear of the comfort you experienced while staying with us. I thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

Hell of view of the cherry blossoms and river. Incredibly convenient to both restaurants and in walking distance to the mall. Staff is fantastic! Very accommodating. A wedding anniversary that my wife and I will not forget.

Review collected in partnership with Canopy by Hilton

Dear dlawless2021,

We appreciate you sharing your kind recommendation. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, modern accommodations, and location on your anniversary stay. Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. Your words serve as an encouragement to our associates who strive to provide a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

We stayed at the Canopy on the warf in DC . Beautiful place but first i had items on the bathroom counter they unzipped my suitcase and put my makeup and perfumes in my bag which had other personal items. I left a expensive hand held fan on the counter, i called and asked them to hold it for me they said they would go look and call me back. I called several times left a message with housekeeping and no one called me back. I went back to the hotel before my flight and asked to speak to the housekeeping manager. He didnt come down and told the receptionist they dont have it.

Its a courtesy when guest pay the amount if money we paid and their items cant be held for them. Yes its a fan i know . Trust means a lot . Talk to your housekeeping and let them know Room 632 checked out Monday March 29

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Go780545,

We do our very best to locate misplaced or left behind items, but we are not always successful. I sincerely regret if our team did not respond hospitably. I'm sorry we disappointed you. We value the feedback and hope to better serve you upon your return to the area.

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

I experienced one of the worst guest services experience in all my travels. What made it worse is that I’m an Honors Gold member and expected a quality service experience.

When I made my reservation, I emailed the hotel via the Hilton app and asked if there were any upgrades available to me as an Honors Gold Member. A representative named Alexis responded and told me that she could upgrade me to a suite. She told me to simply go to the front desk when and get the key when I arrived. I EAGERLY thanked her. All of this can be verified via your text records on the Hilton app.

I didn’t end up arriving until around 12:30-1:00 a.m. When I went to the front desk to check-in, the receptionist, Jonniece, gave me a key to a standard room. I informed her that I was an Honors Gold member, and that I texted Alexis earlier and was told that I was granted an upgrade. Jonniece told me that there was no upgrade for me and that she saw no note that said there was any eligible upgrade. I showed her the response to me via the Hilton chat and she said that there is nothing she could do because Alexis should have made the upgrade. I then asked her why she couldn’t just put me in the suite that Alexis told me I could have. Jonniece then told me that I’m getting the room that I paid for so she didn’t understand what the issue was. I therefore reiterated that I was given an upgrade. She told me that I was not given an upgrade and that if I were given one, Alexis should have taken care of it. She then said that she couldn't make any changes to my room because the computer system was auditing and that it would take 30-45 minutes to complete. I think I just stared at her for about 10 seconds because I thought, “there’s no way this could be happening right now, and that I’m probably being recorded for a Hilton Guest Service training video to see how I would respond to extremely poor service. I The only option she gave me was to speak to the manager in the morning. I asked her if there were some sort of system override because surely, Hilton would not have paying guests wait for a system audit. At this point, I asked her to let me speak with her manager. She simply stated that there was no manager and that if I had a concern, I could call and speak with a manager after 3/00 p.m. the following day. I told her that this was absolutely unacceptable and that her service was horrible. She didn’t even attempt to be the least bit helpful.

I told her that I would wait in the lobby for her audit to finish, and she proceeded to watch The Golden Girls on the lobby television. By the way, it’s now well after 1:00 a.m. and I was very tired.

As an Honors Gold member, one of the perks is getting an upgraded room. I did my part to request the room and was elated that you offered the upgrade. The fact that when I arrived and Jonniece told me that I couldn’t have the room because she’s doing an audit, was quite frustrating and upsetting. While I certainly understand processes, it makes no sense to me that there is not a way for the receptionist to pause the audit so that she could accommodate my room and take care to resolve my issue. She told me that she couldn’t do anything except check me out of my room. What if there were an emergency in my room and I had to get an urgent room change? She told me that no matter what, she wouldn’t be able to do anything. She didn’t even offer me a bottle of water. She didn’t attempt to offer SOMETHING that could even be any sort of customer service.

After sitting in the lobby for an HOUR, Jonniece told me that she couldn’t upgrade my room because the system wouldn’t allow her. I told her that there should be some way for her to do a room change. She told me that was nothing she could do, but I could talk to a manager tomorrow after 3:00. I then asked her if I wasted my time sitting in the lobby for an hour. Her response, “Yes you did.”

This is absolutely unacceptable. I then asked her if she could do anything to accommodate me and she nonchalantly said, “No.” She didn’t even attempt to the least bit helpful. Her customer service skills were horrible.

Now, here it is, 2:30 a.m, and I’m exhausted. I asked to speak to a manager and she nonchalantly that there was no one to speak to, but again, if I wanted to speak to a manager, I need to call in the afternoon after 3:00. I then asked her if she can offer me a late check out. She told me that I would need to call and ask her in the morning. IT WAS THE MORNING. So I bluntly asked her if she was trying to do anything to be helpful or provide assistance and she said, “No.” Period. Her service was absolutely deplorable.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear mosesd378,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for being our valued guest. Normally our staff does a terrific job of responding to our guests’ needs, and in your case, that did not happen. We value your comments and will use them to ensure we are more consistent in our service levels. It would be our pleasure to have you back and leave you with a more favorable impression. Once again, on behalf of our entire team - I offer our apologies.