All reviews whiskey bar rooms are small rooftop bar queen pod crimson restaurant metro station small desk panera bread verizon center sliding door gallery place chinatown body wash national portrait gallery bunk beds storage space huge tv national mall
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Everyone from check in, at the bar, and at breakfast was pleasant and helpful. I love the eco friendly touches like refillable toiletries, dual flush toilets. The public spaces were welcoming and fun to hang out in. The food and drinks we got for three meals at the hotel were delicious and good value. We went to the rooftop bar, the diner, and the whiskey bar. The fried oysters ($8) were especially good! Overall, a very good value and a fun time!

No question the rooms are small, but very well designed, like a cabin on a boat. The bathroom and shower were small, but larger than on a boat. Sheets, pillows, mattress were all luxury quality. Towels were a little small and thin. Personally, I'd rather spend $$$ elsewhere than on a larger room.

Room tip: higher floors are quieter, and have fire doors to cut down hall noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jonathan P, Hotel Manager at Pod DC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

mcc1maryland,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of Pod DC! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thought breakfast was wonderful at our diner. Pod is a LEED Silver Certified building and we're happy to be part of the effort to help conserve the environment. I am happy that you liked our eco friendly touches.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

What an amazing hotel experience! We loved everything about the Pod...from the moment we walked in the door of the lobby, right up to all the incredible details of the room. The bed and shower were fabulous! The location and price were phenomenal. So clean and modern and new. Staff was excellent. We loved it all. The world needs more Pod hotels.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jonathan P, Hotel Manager at Pod DC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Sheila,

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of Pod DC! I am pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us and think that the world needs more Pod Hotels. Our location is definitely the best in town and for the best value. Thank you for noticing and we look forward to welcoming you back to the #podlife soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The POD was awesome very clean easy to get to from train station and staff very friendly and helpful. Close to all attractions and subway. POD is in Chinatown with tons of stores to visit and places to eat.

Date of stay: October 2017

Trav-is-4-me,

Thank you for your five star feedback on Pod DC. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and our squad to be friendly and helpful. Our location is definitely in the heart of the city next to the sights, shops, restaurants, bars, and transportation. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This place is in a good location and is cheap by D.C. measure.
The room was clean and bed was good.
No breakfast included, but the one on the menu was good. Expensive though.
The service I got was good.
There was some technical problems with my payment, but it was not the hotels fault.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Kent,

Thank you for your review of Pod DC. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and felt the service, location, bed, and cleanliness of the hotel was good. Was there anything we could have done to ensure a 5 star stay? I'd love to learn more about your experience if you could reach out to me at jporcello@podhoteldc.com

Reviewed 14 September 2018

It a great location and cheap but very small so I would not recommended for a longer trip especially if traveling with a partner. It can get catastrophic but if you are going to be out all day exploring it shouldn't be a problem. Service at the Rooftop is lacking to say the least. Expect a wait even when its not crowded. It can get noisy during the night but that was not a problem for us.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jonathan P, Hotel Manager at Pod DC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Vanessa,

Thank you for your feedback on Pod DC. I am glad that you enjoyed our property overall, however I will be sure to follow up with the restaurant team to ensure we're offering better service up there. Would you mind reaching out to me at jporcello@podhoteldc.com as I would like to learn a bit more about your experience up there and see where we could improve.