US$238
US$207
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$357/night.

State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$171
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$284/night.

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$119
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$148
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$164
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$193/night.

US$213
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

One Washington Circle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$194
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
The River Inn(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$125
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

All reviewsnespresso coffee makernewly developed areabalcony doora free shuttle busmike duncanihg propertystocked refrigeratorfront deskwelcome giftusb outletsuber driverspacious showerpotomac riverfire pitsmall balconysuite roommakeup mirror
Reviewed 22 May 2018

The Wharf is an exceptional development and this hotel sits in the middle of the action. We were in town for meetings at the Capitol Yacht Club and that is almost an extension of the hotel. There are plenty of options for eating at the Wharf and the people watching is fascinating. The Hotel is a short and reasonable taxi or uber ride to the Mall, Alexandria, and Reagan National.

Unfortunately, the Hotel fell down on several important aspects. The bell staff was efficient and courteous. There was a nice server in the bar. It is too bad that those were the exceptions. Housekeeping was late and did not do a good job. Toiletries were not refreshed. The towels provided are not what is expected at a higher end hotel. They are equal in quality to a Holiday Inn Express. Thin and not absorbent. The toilet backed up twice. The in-room coffee service is weak and limited in choices. The television is difficult to operate and lacking nice features of access to charges, local weather, hotel information, movies, etc. The front-staff was a bit above average but not accommodating on check-out or questions on the bill.

Surprised by a stain on the carpet for such a new hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
SimonAntoine_GM, General Manager at InterContinental Washington D.C. - The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Ringo317,

Thank you for your review. Like you mentioned, The Wharf area is exciting with great views of the Potomac River, live music, water taxis, the swing sets and many more attractions. While it's pleasing to know there were great moments experienced with our team, it is equally disappointing to know we missed the fundamentals of providing high quality service. Please when your time permits, email alexandria.june@ihg.com, as we would be honored for you to have a true experience of our property.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

The hotel is beautiful! The view amazing! The energy electric! I was so excited to stay in such a beautiful place and see the hippest area of DC full of energy and life. Upon arrival I had a not so great first impression with the Valet. Yohannes Ayele turned all of that around in a single interaction and just one moment. After sharing my less than desired experience he immediately apologized greatly, comped my parking, and had a manager escort me and my bags to my room, where they took extra time and care to make sure all was well and I was happy! The manager then refused my tip and said it was not about that and asked me to please let them know what else they could do! I have my own business where I give high level customer service daily! I have high expectations and they exceeded them! I look forward to returning and thanking the Intercontinental at The Wharf and Yohannes in person!

Room Tip: Ask for the water view!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
SimonAntoine_GM, General Manager at InterContinental Washington D.C. - The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Kelly S,

Thank you for your five star review. Tailoring personal service to our guests is a true distinction of our dedication. As you highlighted, the Wharf area features cool activities and attractions for all guests to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you again and creating more memorable moments.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

On April 27, 2018, I booked a 2 Queen Promenade room for a stay on 5/12/18 -5/13/18 and specifically elected this hotel because my wife and I were attending an event at the hotel on 5/12/18 beginning at 7pm. My wife called the hotel on 5/8/18 to see if we could get a check-in earlier than 4pm, but was told to call back first thing Saturday morning. I called at 10am Saturday 5/12/18 and was told that we might be able to get in early, but in any event we could get in by 3pm. We got stuck in traffic on the way down and did not arrive at the hotel until a few minutes after 4pm. To our surprise and dismay we were told the room wasn't ready and when pressed, the woman at the Front Desk (I apologize for not remembering her name) wouldn't commit to any kind of timeframe as to when the room would be ready! In reality, that means they have no idea despite being after the usual 4pm check-in time. We were however, invited to sit in the lobby to wait. When my wife asked if there was a coffee shop nearby to get a sandwich and a cold drink, the Front Desk woman offered the hotel's restaurant. When my wife asked for just a coffee shop to get a sandwich, not a meal, the front desk woman then told us of a coffee shop around the corner that sold sandwiches for about $9.00 and was that too much? Apparently by turning down the restaurant, we were poor and could only afford a $9.00 meal. We returned to the hotel a few minutes after 5pm and was told the room still was not ready and again invited to sit in the lobby and wait. I went back to the front desk about 15 minutes later and after again expressing displeasure, our room was suddenly available and we were given a key to Room 820. When we arrived at the room, my wife and I looked around and pulled out our room confirmation to check because we thought we were supposed to have a balcony. When the bellman brought our bags up a minute or two later, he confirmed that a 2 Queen Promenade did indeed have a balcony and that the room we were in was not a 2 Queen Promenade. I then called the front desk and spoke to Cameron who indicated that there were no available 2 Queen Promenade rooms. When I pressed that we had paid for such a room in full over 2 1/2 weeks prior, Cameron indicated that the only thing he could do was offer us a $75 dollar credit (which did not actually even cover the difference in price between the rooms and was certainly not being offered unless or until we complained). By that point because the event we were there to attend was scheduled to start in a little over an hour, we were stuck.
There is no way that the Front Desk woman didn't know what room type we reserved and pre-paid in full. If she had been up front with us from the beginning I would still have been upset because apparently a pre-paid reservation and confirmation don't mean anything in the IHG Group's hotels, but I wouldn't have felt scammed. Instead it appears the hotel's policy is "hopefully they won't notice it doesn't have a balcony" or "hopefully they won't notice it is not the room they reserved" or "hopefully they won't notice that we can't give them a room until 2 hours past check-in time." It feels like a bait and switch between rooms pre-paid and rooms available there is no one else to blame for the disorganization, mismanagement and poor customer service.
The room was all bright and shiny and new, the event we attended was lovely and the service received from the valets, doormen, bellman and room service waiter was exceptional. So a score of 10 for the room but a score of 0 for the front desk room availability scam. Because of this I would not recommend this hotel and will be hesitant to book an IHG hotel for business or pleasure in the future.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank kfcj2008

Dear kfcj2008,

We are disappointed about your experience during your stay. While it was unfortunate, it was also not a true reflection of our colleagues sincere commitment to servicing guests. We do hope for the next opportunity to engage you with our high-service levels that people have come to expect from InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. Please send an email to matthew.meehan@ihg.com when your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C., as we look forward to the next occasion to create a flawless experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Not only is this property in a perfect location with beautiful views, the staff is amazing as well. Naimah has made my past 2 stays here a wonderful experience! I recommend this hotel and staff your DC stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
SimonAntoine_GM, General Manager at InterContinental Washington D.C. - The Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Wes L,

Thank you for your five star review. We're excited and honored by your recommendation of our hotel. Our team members, like Naimah genuinely care for guests, their needs and creating memorable experiences. During your next visit, we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Beautiful new hotel! Beds where really comfortable, and bathroom was good. The view from the room is cool! Staff from breakfast was really kind! We enjoyed our stay in the hotel! The lobby parfume has a nice smell!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Carianne V,

Thank you for your five star review. The sunlight beaming on the waves flowing in the Potomac River is a calming view from the guestrooms, especially in the morning. As you walked through the lobby you were smelling, "The InterContinental Signature" scent, which is infused with Bergamot, Japanese Ocha Tea, Maplewood and Juniper. We're delighted you enjoyed your experience and we're awaiting your next visit.

Genera